Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree67Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 14-03-2013, 21:57   #31
Senior Member+

Re: Players Wages

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
See Davo, yeh highlighted me post n ignored the main point of it. Would that be cos yeh can't accept it? No-one wants us to lose our league status, we all know were punching above our weight though.
Because it was not their fault. They where the managers of the football team, not the clubs finances.
Like any employee, you want to be paid well, and you want the best tools to do your job to help you succeed.
You have an agenda.
DAV007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 14-03-2013, 21:57   #32

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAV007 View Post
Cashman,
I fully support Leam and all the players for the 90 minutes, but if the football and results are sub-standard such as Tuesday night, I have as much right as anyone to share my frustrations.

Peter Marsden's comments point towards the board supporting Leam despite the awful results; at the end of the season their decision may seem wise, lucky or foolish.
I for one more than anyone else, hope its the right decision.
I may not like supporting a manager who hasnt delivered, but I have not got much choice.

I really hope Leam proves me and many others wrong, I really do.

There would be no greater meal for me on the 27th April than humble pie.
I would even go as far as buying some of you a pint if we stay up.
And I hope it starts with 3 points vs Barnet.

It is Leam's time to shine, if he truelly believes he is football league manager, then he must begin to show it on Saturday.

Dav, I accept you are entitled to your views, as much as anybody else, but do you really feel you have to be so negative?
I came away from Tuesday night's game, & spent almost two hours, drafting a wholly negative post, not only about the players, but also how I believe the Club is P'ing on the lifeblood of the Club, the season ticket holders.
My wife read my draft, & persuaded me to 'sleep on it'. Day after, I didn't send it.
Do you have anyone to advise you similarly?
It seems not.

Gerard
KiTChener is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-03-2013, 22:06   #33
Member.

Quote:
Because it was not their fault. They where the managers of the football team, not the clubs finances.
Like any employee, you want to be paid well, and you want the best tools to do your job to help you succeed.
You have an agenda.

Everybody starts somewhere, even Coley and Jimmy many winter ago and I've questioned Leam ability to move us forward but with current finances we have to hold our nerve and get behind the club. Little has been said about Peter's post on the fishy site tonight, it takes balls to say you cocked up and he's done that and he's asked us to get behind Leam and the boys, He's also said that relegation is a non option. Now is the time to put away our gripes and toys and get behind Accrington Stanley. That means the Board, Leam, The guys on the park and us the supporters. The Club and the Team needs us and we need them. Lets get the season over with and ensure we stay up and then we can start working towards next season.
AccyMad, cashman, jaysay and 1 others like this.

On - Stanley – On
- Who’s Laughing Now -
Doug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-03-2013, 22:20   #34

I know this is late, but thank you Ilyas Khan and all that you have done for Stanley...It's much appreciated. Like the rest of us Stanley fans on here, it would be an honour to have you in the Clayton End on Saturday if you can make it!

COME ON STANLEY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Dazzagee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-03-2013, 22:38   #35
Senior Member+

Bleedin interesting reading and everyone pulling the same way, for the club to survive and avoid relegation, just some phrasing it differently. As someone who can't be there but has to watch from afar and listen to the reports from you "on site" supporters, here is my problem- regardless who is selected to play, it seems like the players are not giving 110%. As someone who wore a Stanley shirt I can honestly say I would rather have tried to run through a brick wall {and it sometimes seemed like I did** than let Stanley down. I think some of the frustration being aimed at Leam should be born by the players. If you give 110% you're part of the solution, 90% and you're part of the problem. Let the players know you are behind them and let them, and Leam, know what you expect.
KiTChener, Doug, DAV007 and 1 others like this.
ossy kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-03-2013, 23:27   #36

Ilyas, can you confirm that this offer is not a loan to the club?
Old 14-03-2013, 23:40   #37

Can somebody please explain to the people of Accrington why 18 good souls paid £10k each to join the board?
Old 15-03-2013, 00:01   #38
Senior Member+

Redskin, This is what Ilyas said.

"Think of my donation (no strings attached, my contribution to the salaries is simply a donation and not a loan or anything else) as my way to help put GOOD ENERGY into the club and for us all to step up and proclaim our loyalty to the town and the club we love so much. Everyone at the club, from the Chairman and all directors down to the players needs our support.

Ilyas"

Seem straight forward.
simon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-03-2013, 00:23   #39

Quote:
Originally Posted by simon View Post
Redskin, This is what Ilyas said.

"Think of my donation (no strings attached, my contribution to the salaries is simply a donation and not a loan or anything else) as my way to help put GOOD ENERGY into the club and for us all to step up and proclaim our loyalty to the town and the club we love so much. Everyone at the club, from the Chairman and all directors down to the players needs our support.

Ilyas"

Seem straight forward.
Just asking for clarification, I saw the original post but I'm confused by the need for the statement. If its a donation then that's great news!!!
Old 15-03-2013, 08:05   #40

Quote:
You have an agenda.

A liitle insight into Mr Coleman.On signing a full back for Rochdale,from Stanley,knowing what said full backs wages were,he doubled them at Rochdale!!
Old 15-03-2013, 08:31   #41
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Cashman,
I fully support Team and all the players for the 90 minutes, but if the football and results are sub-standard such as Tuesday night, I have as much right as anyone to share my frustrations.

Peter Marsden's comments point towards the board supporting Leam despite the awful results; at the end of the season their decision may seem wise, lucky or foolish.
I for one more than anyone else, hope its the right decision.
I may not like supporting a manager who hasn't delivered, but I have not got much choice.

I really hope Liam proves me and many others wrong, I really do.

There would be no greater meal for me on the 27th April than humble pie.
I would even go as far as buying some of you a pint if we stay up.
And I hope it starts with 3 points vs Barnet.

It is Liam's time to shine, if he truly believes he is football league manager, then he must begin to show it on Saturday.
Have you never given it a thought, after everything has been said that Stanley at this present time just couldn't afford to change management, especially bringing Coleman and Bell, there is no guarantee results would alter anyway, but one thing is for sure it could cause untold financial damage to the club which could turn terminal, nobody wants that
Outback Ozzy likes this.
jaysay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-03-2013, 10:32   #42

Quote:
Originally Posted by KiTChener View Post
Dav, I accept you are entitled to your views, as much as anybody else, but do you really feel you have to be so negative?
I came away from Tuesday night's game, & spent almost two hours, drafting a wholly negative post, not only about the players, but also how I believe the Club is P'ing on the lifeblood of the Club, the season ticket holders.
My wife read my draft, & persuaded me to 'sleep on it'. Day after, I didn't send it.
Do you have anyone to advise you similarly?
It seems not.

Gerard
The man is a complete and utter nugget he jumps every thread and tries to spread his poison RE Leam, he never answers a question just bleats continually how messers Coleman and Bell could get us out of this. DAV007 it,s time to start singing from a different hymn sheet or clear off and support someone else, I,m fed up of making allowance,s that everybody is allowed their opinion yer times up mate
stanley convert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-03-2013, 11:00   #43
Senior Member+

Please expand on your comments, I find them to .
be factually incorrect.
Because you do not like the answers, does not mean the questions have not been answered.

I rate Coleman & Bell, get over it
DAV007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-03-2013, 11:44   #44
Full Member+

Dav 007 , I may not agree with what you have to say , but you do have a right to say it. Now answering questions. Who are you ? simple enough question but yet you avoid answering. You may use this forum as a smoke screen , but if you enlighten us as to who you are , we can then all put a face to your name.
There will be a slice of humble pie for you at the end of season.
Greeny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-03-2013, 11:47   #45
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
You have an agenda.
This demonstrates to everyone exactly what yeh are, No-one has said it was there fault, as yeh well know, yer just evading the issue cos yer incapable of answering it? rather pathetic in my book.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..