Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree67Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 14-03-2013, 13:33   #1

Players Wages

The balance of players wages not paid so far this month will be paid in full tomorrow. I will ensure it happens.

I understand from the club this is, as Rob says, a temporary cash flow management issue.

Turning to the people on this board and in the town, our focus and our energy must be towards the team and their fight to ensure survival. we all have a part to play - by supporting the team. lets try to get as many of our friends and family to the ground on Saturday to support the boys and to support the Club.

Think of my donation (no strings attached, my contribution to the salaries is simply a donation and not a loan or anything else) as my way to help put GOOD ENERGY into the club and for us all to step up and proclaim our loyalty to the town and the club we love so much. Everyone at the club, from the Chairman and all directors down to the players needs our support.

Ilyas
yerself, MikeA, Oldgobbin and 22 others like this.
expatriate is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 14-03-2013, 13:57   #2
Senior Member+

Re: Players Wages

Shame you have had to do this Ilyas! Superb gesture!

See you on the Clayton End saturday then!!

fc:stanley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-03-2013, 14:05   #3
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Once again ta very much.
Old 14-03-2013, 14:22   #4
God Member

Brilliant news, cheers Ilyas - hope you can make it to the game Saturday to help us cheer the lads on
AccyMad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-03-2013, 14:27   #5
Full Member+

A sincere thank you Ilyas - There isn't a club that has a greater supporter than you.
pifco is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 14-03-2013, 14:38   #6

Thankyou Ilyas we appreciate all you do for the club. I personally was beginning to fear the worst happening again. You truly are a friend to the club and supporters. Please try and attend on Saturday to give your moral support.
Tommy McQueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-03-2013, 14:43   #7
Senior Member+

What would we do without you.

Arise Sir Ilyas
football19 likes this.
smudgie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-03-2013, 14:45   #8

hi there. thanks for the comment, but honestly, i think all just need to get the crowd out for the game on saturday. having these small crowds really has been a big issue for the new board. but thankyou for your generous comments. i am just my little bit for the town and club i love so much
Haggis316 likes this.
expatriate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-03-2013, 14:56   #9

One Word - Legend.

Thank you Ilyas
smobile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-03-2013, 14:57   #10
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by smobile View Post
One Word - Legend.

Thank you Ilyas
Absolutely agree

Without you, we'd have gone under long ago .............
Div3North is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-03-2013, 15:55   #11
Full Member+

Sir Ilyas of Accrington

Thank You.

Old 14-03-2013, 16:07   #12
Resting in Peace

What a man!
Redraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-03-2013, 16:10   #13
Full Member+

Ilyas our star shines again. Most grateful for this extremely generous gesture .Thank you
Greeny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-03-2013, 16:33   #14
God Member

to be honest I'm annoyed by this whole thing. Yesterday teatime we all trundled along blissfully unaware of any problem then BANG, we're skint again and can't afford to pay the players.

Ilyas, your generosity once again prevails ... but how has this come about? Fan directors and a board bigger than the United Nations is supposed to ensure that nothing sneaks up on us no?
Did this really need to be aired?
Can the club approach you directly for help rather than the whole world knowing our failings?
Was this meant as a pre six-pointer double header rallying call? If so it was in extremely poor taste as I don't exactly feel ready to roll up me sleeves for a trench war against relegation.

I sincerely hope this really is just a one-off cash flow problem because I feel that nobody would back another SOS.
If this problem is synonymous with deeper problems then buds need nipping. Let's show some honesty and transparency and tell the people that the club simply cannot function at Football League level and that relegation or not we will seek to play at a level we can afford. Nobody wants to relinquish FL status but if its going to potentially cost us the club every season then bite the bullet and drop down. All those fools who refuse that notion can ****** off and leave me to stand with the other 299 who used to brave the Unibond
sparkie, KiTChener, Doug and 4 others like this.
maccawozzagod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-03-2013, 16:57   #15

what gets me now is why are we paying 29 players ?
ddevil2006 is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..