Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree119Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 14-05-2016, 20:46   #46
Senior Member+

Re: Playoff Leg 1 - Away at Wimbledon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redraine View Post
No, mate, his job is to score! May as well play a proper defender instead if all you want him to do is block.��

Totally agree Redraine. As usual by the looks of it, he is watching a different game to everyone else.
smudgie is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 14-05-2016, 20:51   #47

Don't have Sky, had to rely on bbc 5 sport extra......
When added time announced, I set my stopwatch, & reckoned ref should have blown for full time, just as ball left Beeres foot!

We'll smash 'em on Wednesday!!
MikeA, AccyMad, Redraine and 1 others like this.
KiTChener is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-05-2016, 20:54   #48
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KiTChener View Post

We'll smash 'em on Wednesday!!
Hope yer right, doubtful though if we start with 10 men again.
KiTChener, carpon, yonmon and 1 others like this.
Old 14-05-2016, 20:54   #49
God Member

We're all gutted, & it's a long long journey home but can't believe some of the comments on Sean Mac, or can I? He might not have had a good game but apparently he was drafted in because Fossu was carrying a knock so not a case of Coley crumbling as has been said - as for wishing that one of our own players would get sent off?? Really??? I give up!
DAV007 and choirboy like this.
AccyMad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-05-2016, 20:57   #50
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

If that was the case Mcarten was a much better option than the donkey in my view. and Fosu knocked the post after a couple of mins being on.
Old 14-05-2016, 21:01   #51
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by AccyMad View Post
We're all gutted, & it's a long long journey home but can't believe some of the comments on Sean Mac, or can I? He might not have had a good game but apparently he was drafted in because Fossu was carrying a knock so not a case of Coley crumbling as has been said - as for wishing that one of our own players would get sent off?? Really??? I give up!
I wish you would "give up" constantly wet nursing McConville
Redraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-05-2016, 21:04   #52
God Member

Watch the rerun Diane, he was quite amusing to be fair. Ive'supported' his inclusion nearly all season as I believe he is/was integral to the team performance of keep it moving about. I half expected him to play as Coley had inferred he'd play a more cautious tactic today. Air kicks, falling over, running into players - full repertoire unfortunately.

Sean isnt as bad as some make out but tonight wont be on his highlights reel
monkey hanger likes this.
Old 14-05-2016, 21:05   #53

Quote:
as for wishing that one of our own players would get sent off?? Really??? I give up!
Agree, totally out of order, a true fan indeed!!
choirboy likes this.
KiTChener is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-05-2016, 21:19   #54

A draw for me was a fair reflection of game. Wimbledon had chances first 10mins then we took control with out creating too many chances. Then the beast came on and as in past against us his close control caused us nightmares. He got our defence dropping deeper. I thought Ross did well tonight commanding his area. It's half time and if we can make it a passing game we could turn this around. Like tonight let's make a racket and keep the faith

Sent from my XT1039 using Tapatalk
AccyMad, Greger, nige b and 1 others like this.
chevyfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-05-2016, 21:32   #55
Full Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by football19 View Post
Done his job,blocked Rigg off ?, not heard much of him
McConville did his job ???

We played the first hour of that game with ten men on the pitch...."Golden boy" was totally anonymous....

Sorry to say it but when you are in the battle which IS the play-offs, any team which wants success needs eleven players who have fight in them, will perform their duties with 100% effort and have a hunger to earn the results which ultimately bring success.

McConville drifted around like a rudderless boat for an hour. He ticked none of the three boxes from my last statement.

Every other Stanley player who played tonight ticked all three boxes.

Fosu should have been on from the start in place of "Goldenboy" and Rigg would have had other things to occupy his mind with than getting forward.

In my book.....a tactical blunder by Coleman and it was a pity Coleman took an hour to work out the mistake he made.

If he makes the same mistake on Wednesday, forget reaching Wembley.
Redraine and monkey hanger like this.

Winston Leonard Spencer Churchill.
carpon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-05-2016, 21:33   #56
Senior Member+

Quote:
Now you've never heard me call him as you know Di, except when likening his penalty taking routine as 'mildly balletic'. However, like others I was so impressed by the latest dance step he demonstrated at one point in the first half this evening as he attempted to direct a shot goalwards !.
Long may he continue to entertain us with his unexpected terpsichore, with hopefully an occasional flash of soccer ability applied for Redraine and other detractors to enjoy now and again !.

Forgot to mention the pitch Diane, was it as bad as it looked on my TV screen ?.

Last edited by yonmon; 14-05-2016 at 21:40.
yonmon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-05-2016, 21:35   #57
Senior Member+

Only watched the first twenty minutes so I can't comment until I've watched the game,thought the pitch was poor,it's not over yet !!!
football19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-05-2016, 21:44   #58
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by football19 View Post
Only watched the first twenty minutes so I can't comment until I've watched the game,thought the pitch was poor,it's not over yet !!!
It is if we start with 10 again.
Old 14-05-2016, 22:25   #59

While I haven't seen many games, today I could fully understand the frustration concerning McConville. He was rubbish! But what I don't understand is why that makes Fosu a great player. He was equally bad against Stevenage, and although he had one good action tonight (still makes him lead McConville 1-0), he didn't contribute much.
An honest question:
Why can't McCartan play left-wing? Looks a far better player than both to me!
Greger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-05-2016, 22:33   #60

Angry Re: Playoff Leg 1 - Away at Wimbledon

Well the form that got us 85 points seems to have well and truly deserted us, I'd make changes for Wednesday or we are out of the playoffs. Unless we improve dramatically we won't stand a chance against either Portsmouth or Plymouth.
Crown Grounder is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..