Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree119Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 15-05-2016, 12:40   #91
Senior Member+

Re: Playoff Leg 1 - Away at Wimbledon

Why has no one commented on the most glaring weakness?

Our best player Matt Crooks is out injured, we are a far better team with Crooks.

Last edited by DAV007; 15-05-2016 at 12:43.
DAV007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 15-05-2016, 12:40   #92

Boco 90th minute winner it's got to be.
smudgie likes this.
Old 15-05-2016, 12:44   #93
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAV007 View Post

Our best play Matt Crooks is out injured, we are a far better team with Crooks.
Would think everyones aware of that, but the rest have near got us up automatic, injured is injured, so not even worth considering.
Old 15-05-2016, 12:50   #94
Senior Member+

Our central midfield and billy kee have been the biggest concern IMO , both vs Stevenage and again yesterday.

Drop Kee, drop Halliday and drop mcconville would be my solution, although I'm sure Coleman will figure out a plan.

Regarding the Mcconville debate, I actually think he is a decent player at league 2 level but when he gets pressed for space, he then allows the opposition to dominate him physically and this amongst some bad touches and passes is what contributed to a indifferent display yesterday.

Wimbledon were solid defensively although part of that was because Kee didn't really get into the game.
With Wimbledon able to sit on a lead in the 2nd leg, we will need to bolster and adapt our attacking approach, I'm not sure focusing on playing down the wings will get us much joy, they seemed weaker in central midfield than at full back.
DAV007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-05-2016, 13:15   #95
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
Sorry choirboy disagree, whats really unacceptable is a player who had approx 10 good games 5 years ago, and never improved on that, being brought back, for reasons any fool can see. also having a contract extension.
What Cashy? ........
You don't agree with my observations that IMHO he is our 'Least Effective Player'.

All I am asking is that several of you on here need to be less negative ALL THE TIME with the lad and consider giving some POSITIVE comments for a change!
choirboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-05-2016, 13:17   #96
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAV007 View Post

Our best player Matt Crooks is out injured, we are a far better team with Crooks.
I have Dav !
Old 15-05-2016, 13:28   #97
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by choirboy View Post
That's the vibe that I picked up to Accy Mad about........................
etc.......................let's carry our team to victory on a TIDAL WAVE OF STANLEY SUPPORT
[/SIZE]

Whoops!
I posted my comments in a real rush before going out this morning and did not have time to proof read it. 'Typing' wise there were quite a few errors but I think you probably managed to follow my drift!

On further reflection. I stand by my observations about the criticism aimed at Sean Mac. So much negative comment is not necessary and not helpful IMHO. I am sure that some of the players may read what we post and I do think it could strain their relationship with us the 'Supporters'. Call me naive if you wish but I am a firm believer in PRAISE.

Well, we need to move onto Wednesday and the 'Second Half' of the tie. With 100% support from our fans we can beat Wimbledon. I am confident that John and Jimmy will select the right team and subs, and use the right tactics on the night that will give us overall Victory in the tie!
ON STANLEY ON
KEEP THE FAITH
BELIEVE
AccyMad likes this.
Old 15-05-2016, 14:32   #98
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

I am a firm believer Praise, Respect, etc must be earned not given Carte Blanche.its summat me parents always told me.
Old 15-05-2016, 15:40   #99
Full Member+

My own opinion ( I have not a clue how to manage a football team ) is we playing the regular ones and other teams now know our style of play, I would suggest Marcus Carver play and Coleman to pull a trick or two from up his sleeve. This is our last chance this season , so what is there to loose.
Greeny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-05-2016, 15:50   #100
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redraine View Post
You are too risk averse pal. Remember how you didn't want Coley to give Fosu a start? Just remind me - how many goals, assists and keeper fine saves has he paid us back with during the small number of starts he's had? Remember, "we all know we're a team of gamblers!"��
The lads done well,but the opposition have game videos of him now,therefore his positional play will be tested when we don't have the ball,would still use him as an impact sub,unless the pitches improve.
Would go with Bocco if we were being positive,but we don't need to score early doors,just concentrate on a clean sheet and take the chances when they come.
90 minutes is a long time
football19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-05-2016, 16:27   #101
Resting in Peace

[B]On further reflection. I stand by my observations about the criticism aimed at Sean Mac. So much negative comment is not necessary and not helpful IMHO. I am sure that some of the players may read what we post and I do think it could strain their relationship with us the 'Supporters'. Call me naive if you wish but I am a firm believer in PRAISE.[/QUOTE]

Oh dear, Bob, I can't believe you are joining Accy Mad on the wet nursing ward staff.There is such a thing as support on the pitch and support on social media and there is absolutely no need for us to curb any negative comments on here in case we just might upset the feelings of any of our "little darlings". Get real, mate. By the way, I see no suggestion anywhere on here or on fishy that Fosu is carrying a knock, so is it something you and Accy Mad dreamed up to suit your agenda? By the way, I have no problem if Coley dropped Fosu for tactical reasons, but just can't see any point in picking an obvious passenger in his place!8/
cashman likes this.
Redraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-05-2016, 17:14   #102
Senior Member+

OK, I'll accept no-one would rather see Stanley go out than Sean score the winner .....

If this little spat hadn't blown up and distracted me , I would have said sooner that (in my opinion of course) we were unlucky to lose, although we were hanging on for the last 10 minutes, that Adam Buxton and Scott Brown played fantastically well , and that Akinfenwa changed the game , even though he was blown up by the ref the first 5 times he went anywhere near the ball.

And I would also have given great credit to the Ultras for a fantastic 95 minute performance that on occasion even got those of us sitting demurely behind the goal joining in .... so I still will. It's the Stanley boys making all the noise ..... long may it continue, whichever league we're in
AccyMad, Kiwi John and chevyfire like this.
Old 15-05-2016, 17:54   #103
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redraine View Post
[B]On further reflection. I stand by my observations about the criticism aimed at Sean Mac. So much negative comment is not necessary and not helpful IMHO. I am sure that some of the players may read what we post and I do think it could strain their relationship with us the 'Supporters'. Call me naive if you wish but I am a firm believer in PRAISE.
Oh dear, Bob, I can't believe you are joining Accy Mad on the wet nursing ward staff.There is such a thing as support on the pitch and support on social media and there is absolutely no need for us to curb any negative comments on here in case we just might upset the feelings of any of our "little darlings". Get real, mate. By the way, I see no suggestion anywhere on here or on fishy that Fosu is carrying a knock, so is it something you and Accy Mad dreamed up to suit your agenda? By the way, I have no problem if Coley dropped Fosu for tactical reasons, but just can't see any point in picking an obvious passenger in his place!8/[/QUOTE]

Mike..... in response..........
1) I am not 'Wet Nursing' any player, least of all Sean Mac! I have clearly pointed out that I think he is our least effective player out of those who have been picked regularly this season!
2) I have not asked or suggested or demanded that any posters on this forum 'Curb' their criticism but that they balance it with some positive comments occasionally!
3) The only 'Little darlings' that I have in my life number THREE, one of whom I am married to and the other two are my daughters!
4) I did not 'Dream Up' any story about young Fosu having an injury. I was only repeating what I was hearing from several supporters on the terraces as we walked onto the Wombles ground.
5) I don't even know who AccyMad is so I doubt that we 'Dreamed Up' anything!
6) I don't have any kind of an 'Agenda' regarding Sean Mac or indeed any other player....
.....If I do have an 'Agenda' it is to support Accrington Stanley as positively and actively as I can which includes all of the playing staff whoever is selected on any given match day! I would be just the same if were being relegated!
ON STANLEY ON
AccyMad likes this.
Old 15-05-2016, 18:02   #104
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimer View Post
OK, I'll accept no-one would rather see Stanley go out than Sean score the winner .....

If this little spat hadn't blown up and distracted me , I would have said sooner that (in my opinion of course) we were unlucky to lose, although we were hanging on for the last 10 minutes, that Adam Buxton and Scott Brown played fantastically well , and that Akinfenwa changed the game , even though he was blown up by the ref the first 5 times he went anywhere near the ball.

And I would also have given great credit to the Ultras for a fantastic 95 minute performance that on occasion even got those of us sitting demurely behind the goal joining in .... so I still will. It's the Stanley boys making all the noise ..... long may it continue, whichever league we're in
Chimer, Well done for praising Scott Brown. I failed to mention in him in my post but yes I agree, he had a good game.
Looking at the Stats; Akinfenwa was 'blown up' by the referee for five offences in one third of the match! (The time he was on the pitch!) I do believe that had he played for the whole 95 minutes and committed 15 offences then the Ref would probably still not have booked him!
The ULTRAS were AWESOME once again! Even hemmed in to the little 'Goat Pen' last night! It makes me so proud to be one member of this happy little band!
KEEP THE FAITH

Kiwi John likes this.
Old 15-05-2016, 18:02   #105
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by choirboy View Post
Oh dear, Bob, I can't believe you are joining Accy Mad on the wet nursing ward staff.There is such a thing as support on the pitch and support on social media and there is absolutely no need for us to curb any negative comments on here in case we just might upset the feelings of any of our "little darlings". Get real, mate. By the way, I see no suggestion anywhere on here or on fishy that Fosu is carrying a knock, so is it something you and Accy Mad dreamed up to suit your agenda? By the way, I have no problem if Coley dropped Fosu for tactical reasons, but just can't see any point in picking an obvious passenger in his place!8/
Mike...
.....If I do have an 'Agenda' it is to support Accrington Stanley as positively and actively as I can which includes all of the playing staff whoever is selected on any given match day! I would be just the same if were being relegated!
ON STANLEY ON[/QUOTE]

Me too!��
Kiwi John likes this.
Redraine is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..