Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree119Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 15-05-2016, 21:29   #121
Senior Member+

Re: Playoff Leg 1 - Away at Wimbledon

Gutted for Cook.......... Honest
smudgie is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 16-05-2016, 00:48   #122
Full Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom D View Post
The fact is we need to score goals, and the team selection should reflect this.

I would go for

Etheridge

Halliday, Davies, Hughes, Buxton

Coneeley

Mingoia, Brown, Fosu

Mccartan, Gornell

Fosu more likely to score than Sean, McCartan has looked sharp when given a chance whereas Windass was pretty ineffective in the second half, Billy has looked a bit jaded and took a whack to the head yesterday.
Time to be brave and go for it.
What....No Windass ????

For me id go with :

Etheridge

Halliday Pearson Hughes Buxton

Conneely

Mingoia Brown Windass

McCarten

Kee (if fit- if not Gornell)

Coneelly as an anchorman / playmaker, give licence to Bucko and Halliday to get forward to support attacks.

Got to be at their throats from the 1st minute and get an early goal...

Options from the bench......it all starts looking a bit more pallatable

After watching Pompey's demise at Plymouth tonight.....my mood has lifted !!

Get past the Dons and that wide open space of Wembley with a bowling green like pitch and the incentive of League One football........

Just requires a bit of tactical nouse from Coley.....and ELEVEN fired up Stanley boys...

Winston Leonard Spencer Churchill.
carpon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-05-2016, 08:49   #123
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by choirboy View Post

The referee on paper will appear to have had a 'good game' not booking one single player and having 'let the game flow'. What this allowed though was the development of more and more pushing and shoving as the game went on. Particularly from the likes of Darius Charles, (remember Stevenage five years ago?) This set up Akinfenwa to have a 'free license' to come on and throw his weight about literally! Coley alluded to this in his report too and I think he was referring to Akinfenwa pushing in the build up to their goal.
We didn't play particularly well but we did not deserve to lose the match! Destiny seems to working against us along with opponents, referees and lady luck!
Outstanding players for us were Hughes who was superbly cool and used all his experience particularly against the towering centre forward who was eventually replaced by 'The Beast'. Davies too played well as did Buxton, Pearson and Etherridge. In other words we excelled in defence and I will repeat, we did not deserve to lose! We struggled up front as we found it difficult o build from midfield but Seamus and Josh played well on the whole. Billy, Sean and Pierro got very few opportunities against an oppressive defence aided by some lenient refereeing! Half way through the second half i was calling for the ref to book one or two players, (from either side!) to sort out the pushing and shoving which for me spoiled the match.

Not much point harping on about the ref in my view, agree he let a fair bit of shoving etc go, but end of the day Wimbledon shoulda had a stonewall penalty. overall he didn't do that bad compared to some we had this season.
Old 16-05-2016, 14:25   #124

Firstly, the GOOD news....we WON'T be playing Portsmouth..that must be a massive incentive to our players for Wednesday night coz WE CAN BEAT PLYMOUTH!!
Second, the pitch definitely needs much watering for 2 reasons,
1. To make it more playable for our lads.
2. To slow down their big physical overweight players, (no names mentioned)
and sap their strength.
Just for a bit of fun, here are a few comments that famous people may have said to Stanley for the forthcoming match....
Charles Dickens....."It was the best of times....(3-00PM versus Stevenage....
It was the worst of times"...5-00PM
So come on you REDS for Wednesday coz we have Great Expectations of you:-)
Lord Nelson....Stanley expects every man to do his duty on Wednesday...so come on you CAN DO IT!!!!
Winston Churchill.....We shall fight them on the pitches, we shall fight them in the corners, we shall fight them in the penalty boxes, and we SHALL score more goals than them.....and then......and only then ....can we say that...
VICTORY IS OURS!!!!
John F Kennedy....Ask not what YOUR CLUB can do for YOU, but what YOU can do for YOUR CLUB!!!
As Coley said about the run in....there will be twists and turns...WELL we have been twisted by a certain bad referee, and by the crossbar 3 times...so now I feel it's OUR TURN for some GOOD FORTUNE on Wednesday night,
Like Coley says ..."If there is any justice in the world WE WILL WIN on Wednesday,....SO COME ON YOU REDS ...I for one wish you ALL THE LUCK IN THE WORLD on Wednesday!!!!!!:-)
Stevo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-05-2016, 14:38   #125
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
pmsl Good video from Coleman on fishy, agree 100% with it.

Agree with you wholeheartedly Cashy.....but WHO was the individual who sneaked up behind Coley at 3:00 into the video ?. Woody Allen, GriffRhys Jones ? in disguise or what ?..
Vairy mysterious !.
yonmon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-05-2016, 14:43   #126
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stevo View Post
Firstly, the GOOD news....we WON'T be playing Portsmouth..that must be a massive incentive to our players for Wednesday night coz WE CAN BEAT PLYMOUTH!!
Second, the pitch definitely needs much watering for 2 reasons,
1. To make it more playable for our lads.
2. To slow down their big physical overweight players, (no names mentioned)
and sap their strength.
Just for a bit of fun, here are a few comments that famous people may have said to Stanley for the forthcoming match....
Charles Dickens....."It was the best of times....(3-00PM versus Stevenage....
It was the worst of times"...5-00PM
So come on you REDS for Wednesday coz we have Great Expectations of you:-)
Lord Nelson....Stanley expects every man to do his duty on Wednesday...so come on you CAN DO IT!!!!
Winston Churchill.....We shall fight them on the pitches, we shall fight them in the corners, we shall fight them in the penalty boxes, and we SHALL score more goals than them.....and then......and only then ....can we say that...
VICTORY IS OURS!!!!
John F Kennedy....Ask not what YOUR CLUB can do for YOU, but what YOU can do for YOUR CLUB!!!
As Coley said about the run in....there will be twists and turns...WELL we have been twisted by a certain bad referee, and by the crossbar 3 times...so now I feel it's OUR TURN for some GOOD FORTUNE on Wednesday night,
Like Coley says ..."If there is any justice in the world WE WILL WIN on Wednesday,....SO COME ON YOU REDS ...I for one wish you ALL THE LUCK IN THE WORLD on Wednesday!!!!!!:-)
Don't usually find this level of literary erudition on our Forum Stevo !...Revived Red will be both fascinated and full of admiration I know !

9/10 for effort.... 10/10 for dedication to the Reds !.
yonmon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-05-2016, 19:29   #127
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redraine View Post
You don't get it do you? Never mind. End of.
Good
choirboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-05-2016, 07:10   #128
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by yonmon View Post
Don't usually find this level of literary erudition on our Forum Stevo !...Revived Red will be both fascinated and full of admiration I know !

9/10 for effort.... 10/10 for dedication to the Reds !.
Yes indeed. Erudition and this Accyweb forum are not comfortable bedfellows. Ooops - am I allowed to say that?? Should I have written "bedpersons"?
Revived Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-05-2016, 09:16   #129

Thank you for that Yonmon, let's hope it is 10/10 for effort and 10/10 for dedication from OUR TEAM on Wednesday night ��
Stevo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-05-2016, 10:15   #130
God Member

Nothing less than 11/10 from the team, management, and fans will do.
AccyMad likes this.
Exile on Spencer St is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..