Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

View Poll Results: Can we make the playoffs
Yes 18 64.29%
No 10 35.71%
Voters: 28. You may not vote on this poll

Like Tree187Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 15-03-2017, 10:20   #31

Re: Playoffs

I think the number of key players (7 of our key players- Etheridge,Davies,Buxton, Crooks,Windass, Mingoia, Winnard) leaving had him on the backfoot.
Alvin the chipmunk likes this.
Inspector Morse is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 15-03-2017, 10:22   #32
God Member

Will a good run just attract more clubs in for our better players? Will it not just be a rebuilding job yet again?[/QUOTE]

who actually are signed up for next season.
monkey hanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-03-2017, 10:41   #33
Super Moderator

Top of my head stuff;

Chapman, Pearson, McCartan, McConville, Sykes, Conneelly and Kee.

Options in the Clubs favour on all the rest.

And I think Scotty B
monkey hanger likes this.

Last edited by Mr T; 15-03-2017 at 10:45. Reason: addition
Mr T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-03-2017, 11:16   #34
Senior Member+

also, do not fear

DAV007 is committed for life in his role as fan liaison officer

the club is in good hands
DAV007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-03-2017, 12:41   #35

Mr T - I thought Beckles option was in his favour for some reason.

Anyway, if what you say is correct we've got a great squad in place next year. Might Matty P attract an offer too good to refuse? I thought Beckles would be much wanted too - although he has not been as dominant since Harvey arrived.

If we can keep 3 of 4 from Matty, the Don, Becks and Hughes I'd be happy.

We'd need a decent goalie.
Lord Didsbury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-03-2017, 15:04   #36
Super Moderator

[QUOTE=Lord Didsbury;1190027]Mr T - I thought Beckles option was in his favour for some reason.

All the options are in the Club's favour; as per Andy H's request.

The there's also some discussion about this on the Leyton thread which is totally inaccurate.

Given the joy of last night and the probability that alcohol was consumed in large amounts, I'll leave it run for the time being.
Old 15-03-2017, 15:31   #37
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Why did yeh get rat arsed?
AccyMad and Greeny like this.
Old 15-03-2017, 16:22   #38
Super Moderator

Cashy;

I was referring to the post on the Orient thread; where a learned gentleman was suggesting; release Hughes (too slow) , release Clark and Boco. Keep Chapman, he's on a 2 year!! Sykes release (already been at two PL clubs this season on "work experience") with still a year on his contract and release Donacien!!!!
Old 17-03-2017, 13:54   #39

Just to re-convince myself about this playoff improbability.....

IF we win our two games in hand we would be 7 points off 7th and 9 points off 4th. (Ignore any teams between 7th and us. They are irrelevant, since for this to work we will be steaming past them anyway.)

So, that's 4 teams we could theoretically catch, but only 9 games left.

The teams we could catch have averaged 1.55 points/game so far. You'd think that in the remaining games some teams will average, say, 1.7 points/game whilst the others 1.3.

this means the worst of those teams might get 12 points. But since we can't choose which of those four teams only gets 12 points, lets say we need another point to be sure.

Therefore, we need to get 12+1+7 to catch them. 20 points from 9 games..... which means 26 points from 11.

We need 8 wins, 2 draws, 1 defeat from the remaining games and then fingers crossed on goal difference.

IF we win the next three games then I'll change my mind, but it's an impossible task at this point.
Old 17-03-2017, 14:40   #40
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

If we win the next 4 i will still doubt very much if we can do it, at this stage of season. would be absolutely delighted if we could. but have always been a realist.
Old 17-03-2017, 15:44   #41
I am Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Didsbury View Post
Just to re-convince myself about this playoff improbability.....

IF we win our two games in hand we would be 7 points off 7th and 9 points off 4th. (Ignore any teams between 7th and us. They are irrelevant, since for this to work we will be steaming past them anyway.)

So, that's 4 teams we could theoretically catch, but only 9 games left.

The teams we could catch have averaged 1.55 points/game so far. You'd think that in the remaining games some teams will average, say, 1.7 points/game whilst the others 1.3.

this means the worst of those teams might get 12 points. But since we can't choose which of those four teams only gets 12 points, lets say we need another point to be sure.

Therefore, we need to get 12+1+7 to catch them. 20 points from 9 games..... which means 26 points from 11.

We need 8 wins, 2 draws, 1 defeat from the remaining games and then fingers crossed on goal difference.

IF we win the next three games then I'll change my mind, but it's an impossible task at this point.
What's with all the stats? Not related to Somerset are you
st06nc2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-03-2017, 16:42   #42
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by st06nc2 View Post
What's with all the stats? Not related to Somerset are you
Ssh! Don't wake him up - he'll be stressed enough with all the rain coming down
Chrisr likes this.
AccyMad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-03-2017, 16:49   #43

sh*t! Forgot to factor in temperature and relative humidity on the wet bulb scale. Aaarrggghhh.
Old 17-03-2017, 18:00   #44
Full Member+

I will be happy to make a safe place in this division this season. Anything more is a bonus.
Lord Love Rocket likes this.
Chrisr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-03-2017, 21:53   #45
Senior Member+

Somerset's gone to bed wearing his 'Wellies' tonight!
Outback Ozzy and st06nc2 like this.
choirboy is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..