Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

View Poll Results: Can we make the playoffs
Yes 18 64.29%
No 10 35.71%
Voters: 28. You may not vote on this poll

Like Tree187Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 21-03-2017, 20:47   #46
I am Banned

Re: Playoffs

If we win at weekend and Exeter lose we would go within 4 points if we win our 2nd game in hand
st06nc2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 21-03-2017, 22:10   #47

If we win on Saturday (and we will if Seamus is fit) the big test will be how Exeter, Luton and Carlisle do. They all have easy games.

I reckon if one or two slip up then the match on Tuesday will suddenly assume titanic significance. The people of Accrington will be roused from their apathy at the thought that the impossible dream may be on

Ed Sheeran won't be the only ginger playing to a packed house. Bradley Halliday will too.

It will be a night to remember if we win. An unstoppable bandwagon will be on the move.

We will be on the edge of invincibility.
Lord Didsbury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-03-2017, 07:51   #48
God Member

. The people of Accrington will be roused from their apathy

which comedian are you a script writer for.
AccyMad and cashman like this.
monkey hanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-03-2017, 10:36   #49
Senior Member+

...Play Offs?.....
.....Sssssssshhhhhhh....
Let's just take it one match at a time eh!
AccyMad and Revived Red like this.
choirboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-03-2017, 13:28   #50

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Didsbury View Post
If we win on Saturday (and we will if Seamus is fit) the big test will be how Exeter, Luton and Carlisle do. They all have easy games.
Lord D! We all know from bitter experience - THERE ARE NO EASY GAMES!
Remember Newport!!!!!
There'll be many a twist & turn before the season is out.
Remember back in August when we played Morecambe at home?
They were then riding high at the top of the league & turned round a 2 goal deficit to win 2-3.
Now, we're above them in the league. How are the mighty fallen.
We can't influence other games, but if we can maintain the fantastic confidence that has now infected our team, who knows where that momentum will end?
If, by some miraculous fate, we scraped into seventh spot, it would surely be ranked as the greatest comeback in football history.
AccyMad and monkey hanger like this.
Lord Stiffupperlip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-03-2017, 15:59   #51
God Member

Remember back in August when we played Morecambe at home?
They were then riding high at the top of the league & turned round a 2 goal deficit to win 2-3.
Now, we're above them in the league. How are the mighty fallen.

the mighty always seem to start well, get enough points to be safe and then fall away. first half of season season tickets should sell like hot shrimps up there.
Old 26-03-2017, 09:45   #52
Full Member+

Stevenage are in a play off spot. It's all gearing up to them needing to beat us on the last day of the season to end up in the play offs.Then we beat the to deny them!
AccyMad and monkey hanger like this.
winstanley asfc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-03-2017, 15:46   #53
Senior Member+

Alfred . E. Is back !.. so I mentioned the possibility of the Reds making the playoffs to him .
Being the eternal pessimist he is he merely replied ' you do the Math...do the Math !'.
The more I view his New York colloquialism, and whilst really not wanting to take any notice of him, I am, after reading the whichevers and whatevers on our Forum and viewing the League 2 scene in general, becoming more and more convinced that in spite of everyone's fervent hopes the playoffs have now vanished into sunset's fading glow !.

He ..( Alfred.E. that is !), went on to advise me that I should just be content with what our Team have achieved over the last ten games, look forward to Tuesday evening's game, and count myself lucky that I am still able to get to the Crown and support the Club I have admired one way or another for so many years !.

Now that is good advice is it not !.

Then he said...." A plastic surgeon's office the only place where no one gets offended when you pick your nose! ". Which has nothing to do with this thread whatsoever !.

What , me worry ??.
Revived Red likes this.

Last edited by yonmon; 26-03-2017 at 15:50.
yonmon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-03-2017, 16:18   #54

Yonmon - whilst it was mentioned by someone that yesterday's result made no difference (because Exeter drew) it did make a difference. Any match where we don't gain ground means the points/match we need to gain on other teams increases.

I think we now need to win all but one game. I think yesterday showed us (as if we didn't already know) that whilst we MAY be the best team in the league we are not head and shoulders above every team. At some point, in any of the remaining matches, there will be an unlucky break or an unlucky injury or decision that sinks us.

When i look back to November/December I'm absolutely perplexed as to how we lost so many games when fundamentally not a lot has changed. Damn.
Old 26-03-2017, 16:38   #55
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by lord didsbury View Post
yonmon - whilst it was mentioned by someone that yesterday's result made no difference (because exeter drew) it did make a difference. Any match where we don't gain ground means the points/match we need to gain on other teams increases.

I think we now need to win all but one game. I think yesterday showed us (as if we didn't already know) that whilst we may be the best team in the league we are not head and shoulders above every team. At some point, in any of the remaining matches, there will be an unlucky break or an unlucky injury or decision that sinks us.

When i look back to november/december i'm absolutely perplexed as to how we lost so many games when fundamentally not a lot has changed. Damn.
qed ?.
yonmon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-03-2017, 16:56   #56
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Didsbury View Post
Yonmon - whilst it was mentioned by someone that yesterday's result made no difference (because Exeter drew) it did make a difference. Any match where we don't gain ground means the points/match we need to gain on other teams increases.

I think we now need to win all but one game. I think yesterday showed us (as if we didn't already know) that whilst we MAY be the best team in the league we are not head and shoulders above every team. At some point, in any of the remaining matches, there will be an unlucky break or an unlucky injury or decision that sinks us.

When i look back to November/December I'm absolutely perplexed as to how we lost so many games when fundamentally not a lot has changed. Damn.
Way i look at it LordD, Nov/Dec,we were creating chances but NOT taking many, only thing to me thats changed,is now we are?
football19 likes this.
Old 26-03-2017, 22:03   #57

Compared to Nov/Dec we started grinding out a few good results with the likes of rodak, mcconville and particularly​ mccartain getting on form. They have proved the difference in getting some of the draws and wins and the rest of the team has gained confidence and momentum.

Sent from my XT1039 using Tapatalk
AccyMad likes this.
chevyfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-03-2017, 07:50   #58
God Member

When i look back to November/December I'm absolutely perplexed as to how we lost so many games when fundamentally not a lot has changed. Damn.[/QUOTE]

back in those dark days the problem was we played well until we got into the last quarter of the pitch and then nothing happened and we never looked likely to score a goal. then at the other end of the pitch you,d parrish and chapman who always gave hope to the opposition.
Chrisr likes this.
Old 29-03-2017, 10:55   #59

Projected final points totals based on last 10 games. Borrowed from PASOTI.
Grimsby away feels like a long time ago now.

89.2 Doncaster Rovers
85.5 Plymouth Argyle
82.0 Portsmouth

78.1 Stevenage
73.3 Blackpool
69.8 Luton Town
68.5 Mansfield Town

67.4 Accrington Stanley
66.7 Exeter City
66.1 Colchester United

Last edited by Inspector Morse; 29-03-2017 at 10:56. Reason: typo
Inspector Morse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-03-2017, 13:27   #60

Oh baby!
Even Coleman muttered the P word last night in his interview.

We've yet to play Plymouth and Stevenage plus Blackpool and Luton.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..