Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

View Poll Results: Can we make the playoffs
Yes 18 64.29%
No 10 35.71%
Voters: 28. You may not vote on this poll

Like Tree187Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 29-03-2017, 13:53   #61
I am Banned

Re: Playoffs

After seeing the last few games I'm getting more confident that we have a squad that could go all the way
Lord Love Rocket likes this.
st06nc2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 29-03-2017, 14:09   #62

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Didsbury View Post
Oh baby!
Even Coleman muttered the P word last night in his interview.
We've yet to play Plymouth and Stevenage plus Blackpool and Luton.
On paper looks like the impossible dream.
However, those are exactly the teams we need to damage if the dream is to come true.
With our confidence levels now peaking, I bet they fear us more than we fear them.
We always seem to raise our game against better teams.
Anything can happen!
KTF
monkey hanger likes this.
Lord Stiffupperlip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-03-2017, 15:53   #63

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Stiffupperlip View Post
On paper looks like the impossible dream.
However, those are exactly the teams we need to damage if the dream is to come true.
With our confidence levels now peaking, I bet they fear us more than we fear them.
We always seem to raise our game against better teams.
Anything can happen!
KTF
Mid table teams with nowt to play for, the bottom two who are already doomed, and those in the playoff places who are getting nervous.... that's who I'd like to see us play.

Pleased we've got Luton at home though - that's a team we could catch. A win over them would be a big win.
Lord Didsbury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-03-2017, 16:14   #64

7 games left.
If all teams take the points they got in the last 7 games in the next 7 games, then the top of the table would look like this at the end of the season.

1. Doncaster 92
2. Plymouth 88
3. Portsmouth 81

4. Stevenage 78
5. Blackpool 77
6. STANLEY 69
7. Mansfield 69

8. Exeter 68
9. Luton 67
10. Colchester 67
11. Wycombe 64

Last edited by stanleyhouse; 29-03-2017 at 16:17.
stanleyhouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-03-2017, 16:42   #65
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by stanleyhouse View Post
7 games left.
If all teams take the points they got in the last 7 games in the next 7 games, then the top of the table would look like this at the end of the season.

1. Doncaster 92
2. Plymouth 88
3. Portsmouth 81

4. Stevenage 78
5. Blackpool 77
6. STANLEY 69
7. Mansfield 69

8. Exeter 68
9. Luton 67
10. Colchester 67
11. Wycombe 64
Oh Lordy!! Not sure I could cope with that scenario Wouldn't that mean we'd play Stevenage?!? No, no & thrice no . . . . .
Gary Bowyer was at the game last night, making copious notes sat in front of us - obviously preparing for our forthcoming game, do you think we had him worried?
AccyMad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-03-2017, 18:45   #66
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AccyMad View Post
Oh Lordy!! Not sure I could cope with that scenario Wouldn't that mean we'd play Stevenage?!? No, no & thrice no . . . . .
Gary Bowyer was at the game last night, making copious notes sat in front of us - obviously preparing for our forthcoming game, do you think we had him worried?
We would have worried Guardiola last night.
Old 29-03-2017, 19:02   #67
Full Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by AccyMad View Post
Blackpool.

It won't happen though, we will end comfortably in mid table.
Chewbacca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-03-2017, 19:47   #68

If we beat plymouth at the weekend.... Who knows where we might end up....

Even if we miss out on the playoffs, it's a better ending to the season than a relegation scrap. And we can try carry the form into the next season.
Tom D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-03-2017, 20:10   #69

I feel Saturdays game at high flying Argyle will determine if our hopes are but a pipedream.
Both Luton & Exeter have difficult games.
No one expects us to win, but if we can pull off a shock result & the others falter, I really will start to believe the impossible.
I know Coley & our boys will give their all, so I won't be too disappointed whatever happens.
Come on you reds! Let's stop the Pilgrims progress.
Lord Stiffupperlip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-03-2017, 20:30   #70
Senior Member+

If we go to Plymouth and pick up 3 points, its On!
DAV007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-03-2017, 20:41   #71

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Stiffupperlip View Post
I feel Saturdays game at high flying Argyle will determine if our hopes are but a pipedream.
Both Luton & Exeter have difficult games.
No one expects us to win, but if we can pull off a shock result & the others falter, I really will start to believe the impossible.
I know Coley & our boys will give their all, so I won't be too disappointed whatever happens.
Come on you reds! Let's stop the Pilgrims progress.

Agree fully..... if we go and beat plymouth I think our momentum will see is in the play offs but I can't see it they will come out all guns blazing and their manager will have them head butting bricks pre match and drinking copious amounts of IRON BRU and eating POACHED EGGS
Lord Love Rocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-03-2017, 21:42   #72
Senior Member+

Think it's feet on the ground at the moment IF we could get something at Plymouth then maybe but there are a lot of clubs above us with a far better chance, Ultimately we are not looking down at the table and who'd have thought that 6 weeks ago and there are certain individuals and the squad ultimately responsible for that and am so proud of our current run.....YOU NEVER KNOW!
Old 30-03-2017, 09:06   #73
God Member

saw plymouth on the box last sunday at doncaster and for all they won didn,t look that good as rovers missed loads of chances. like everyone in our division they,re beatable on the day and lets hope it can be our day on saturday.
AccyMad likes this.
monkey hanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-03-2017, 09:12   #74
God Member

Its a big ask but IF we get there the momentum will be well and truly behind us.

Its not the first time we've put a huge run together to go from the bottom to the top. Its not even the second ...
AccyMad likes this.
Old 30-03-2017, 09:23   #75
I am Banned

I can see an upset at the weekend, they have a big park the bus mentality but I do believe we could break them down
monkey hanger likes this.
st06nc2 is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..