Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

View Poll Results: Can we make the playoffs
Yes 18 64.29%
No 10 35.71%
Voters: 28. You may not vote on this poll

Like Tree187Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-04-2017, 17:06   #91

Re: Playoffs

I mean the occasional stuff you read on there from others about what's said on here.
Lord Didsbury is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 02-04-2017, 17:48   #92
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Didsbury View Post
I mean the occasional stuff you read on there from others about what's said on here.
No big deal LordD, i very rarely say owt on twitter, think its rubbish and in the main fer real twits.
Revived Red likes this.
Old 02-04-2017, 17:54   #93

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Didsbury View Post
Nice words Lord Stiffupperlip, but I don't think there were many who were fretting over relegation. The prevailing mood was we were genuinely far too good to go down and waiting for the tide to turn.
Is my memory playing tricks?
I don't recall any posts predicting we may just possibly reach the play-offs when we plumbed the depths of second from bottom back in December.
My earlier post was simply expressing thanks for the sheer joy our current form has brought about.
monkey hanger likes this.
Lord Stiffupperlip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2017, 20:12   #94

No, that's true enough. I thought promotion might still happen for a long while, but hopes died around Xmas.
Chrisr likes this.
Old 03-04-2017, 09:58   #95
God Member

finish as high up the league as possible but play offs no chance. too many above us who have to fail to allow us to make it i,m afraid.
KiTChener and cashman like this.
monkey hanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2017, 12:31   #96

https://experimental361.com/2017/04/...-2-2-apr-2017/

This blokes website has a graph at the bottom of the page for likely finishing positions in the league - only 3% chance of playoffs!!! :O

There are three kinds of lies: lies, damned lies, and statistics
AccyMad likes this.
Tom D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2017, 12:40   #97
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom D View Post
https://experimental361.com/2017/04/...-2-2-apr-2017/

This blokes website has a graph at the bottom of the page for likely finishing positions in the league - only 3% chance of playoffs!!! :O

There are three kinds of lies: lies, damned lies, and statistics
True, as Plymouth are number 10 on his figures, its utter crap,they are 99% certain to go up automatic imho.
monkey hanger likes this.
Old 03-04-2017, 13:49   #98
God Member

The annoying thing about the anti Accy Web brigade is they outnumber Accy Web users, if they actually posted more frequently then the things they protest about would be diluted to nothingness.

Unfortunately forums always were, always will be a platform where the naysayers get their most airtime. But its no different to the conversations on the terrace or in the pub.
Lord Didsbury likes this.
Old 03-04-2017, 14:00   #99
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom D View Post
He isn't Somerset by any chance, is he?
Exile on Spencer St is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2017, 18:42   #100
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exile on Spencer St View Post
He isn't Somerset by any chance, is he?
He can't be. There is no mention of waterlogged pitches messing up his statistics.
Revived Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2017, 10:44   #101
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by maccawozzagod View Post
The annoying thing about the anti Accy Web brigade is they outnumber Accy Web users, if they actually posted more frequently then the things they protest about would be diluted to nothingness.

Unfortunately forums always were, always will be a platform where the naysayers get their most airtime. But its no different to the conversations on the terrace or in the pub.
Is there really an 'Anti Accy Web Brigade'.....?
Is there possibly also an 'Anti Accy Twitter Brigade' then....?

I don't understand anyone being 'Anti' anything at all where the Stanley is concerned!

I thought, and still hope, that we are ALL simply ACCY STANLEY SUPPORTERS.....
United in one cause to see our famous club continue in glory in the Football League doing as well as we can every season.
KEEP THE FAITH
ON STANLEY ON
choirboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2017, 17:21   #102
God Member

Yes there really is! And I can fully understand why to an extent. More often that not we just have whingers whinging about nowt. If things are going bad we whinge about the team, if things are going good we whinge about the club, if the club seems to be going good we whinge about pies ...

It sounds worse than it is, when its typed out. But, there is often no room for constructive debate as any that protesteth are quickly labelled clowns or numpties and then the thread breaks down.

I used to use this forum daily but now more as a passing thought to see if there is any gossip worth knowing. Many other notable 'names' have similarly slipped away over the years
baldy and KiTChener like this.
Old 05-04-2017, 20:19   #103
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by maccawozzagod View Post
Yes there really is! And I can fully understand why to an extent. More often that not we just have whingers whinging about nowt. If things are going bad we whinge about the team, if things are going good we whinge about the club, if the club seems to be going good we whinge about pies ...
And now Easter eggs, FCOL!
yonmon and st06nc2 like this.
Exile on Spencer St is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2017, 22:09   #104

too much moaning?

Last night we went to watch Matera Calcio - another Italian division 3 club.
Cost €9 in. Which is great.
The gate was probably about 2,500 but the football was boring as hell (0-0) and the Ultras sinister and humourless.

It was a bit weird to read the forum today with some negativity towards easteregggate and the usual stuff about the price of season tickets. It's easy to forget just what a bazzing thing the Theatre of Wham has going on.

any forum is bound to have its share of grumbles and gripes though. That should not matter in the slightest as we all have our irrational pet hates to get off our chests. but if people are being labelled as clowns or numpies that's just pathetic. Does that happen? I've not really noticed it - this seems a largely joyous place.
Old 07-04-2017, 07:05   #105
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

If there really is an Anti-Accy-Web brigade,it just demonstrates to me what sad pathetic people there are in the world,i have no need at all to explain that comment, anyone with an I.Q. of 5 knows what i'm saying.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..