Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

View Poll Results: Can we make the playoffs
Yes 18 64.29%
No 10 35.71%
Voters: 28. You may not vote on this poll

Like Tree187Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-04-2017, 07:41   #106
I am Banned

Re: Playoffs

Wel now we've got the manager of the month curse I guess the dreams over
st06nc2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 07-04-2017, 09:39   #107
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Didsbury View Post
too much moaning?

Last night we went to watch Matera Calcio - another Italian division 3 club.
Cost €9 in. Which is great.
The gate was probably about 2,500 but the football was boring as hell (0-0) and the Ultras sinister and humourless.

It was a bit weird to read the forum today with some negativity towards easteregggate and the usual stuff about the price of season tickets. It's easy to forget just what a bazzing thing the Theatre of Wham has going on.

any forum is bound to have its share of grumbles and gripes though. That should not matter in the slightest as we all have our irrational pet hates to get off our chests. but if people are being labelled as clowns or numpies that's just pathetic. Does that happen? I've not really noticed it - this seems a largely joyous place.
Maccawozzagod is quite right in his summary, we do whinge something awful at times, although in some cases I suppose this isn't realised when typing a post !...as to pet hates, the Forum is really not the place to hurl vitriol at anyone or anything just to make one feel a little better for having written it !.
On closer examination most of what I post is absolute rubbish and carries little opinion regarding Accrington Stanley, but that is what I have done for years now in spite of a few anti-Yonmon whinges now and again. But the Forum provides a sounding board for the inconsequential ramblings of this avid, though ancient Stanley fan who really misses the daily pertinent posts from Macca...and the witty and apposite asides from Tin Monkey, and others who used to inform and entertain us on the Forum.

This is purely my opinion...and, in my opinion, opinions can be expressed without there being a single whinge to be heard, or derogatory labels being attached to other users. But then I suppose the chances of this being the case, are little but a forlorn hope !..

KTF.
yonmon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2017, 09:47   #108
God Member

Lord D says he thinks the board is a largely joyous place & for the most part it usually is (I've read much worse message boards belonging to other teams), there are occasions when it gets a little out of hand but these spats are usually resolved amicably - unless of course it involves changing our pie supplier or the hot dog sausages being too long to enjoy at a football match - then all hell breaks loose!
AccyMad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2017, 16:11   #109
I am Banned

Carlilse defeat to Notts county now means we are 4 points off playiffs
Old 08-04-2017, 16:19   #110
God Member

Until the end of the season, I think they should be referred to as the Playiffs from now on! Much better term for all the clubs in contention, until they're settled.
Exile on Spencer St is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2017, 16:14   #111
I am Banned

Down to 13/2 for playiffs glad I put my bet on when we was 250/1
Old 09-04-2017, 19:47   #112
Senior Member+

After witnessing the second 45 yesterday which was possibly the best I have seen Stanley for a long time if we can keep this momentum and spirit going we appear fearless and could make it but unfortunately out of our hands. If we get there we will be the form team so maybe the fate of previous years could smile on us for once....serious fingers crossed!
Old 09-04-2017, 20:10   #113
I am Banned

Could go down to last game against stevanage again and if we do get there we could get Stevenage again, surely they deserve abit if payback
Lord Love Rocket likes this.
Old 09-04-2017, 20:13   #114
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by st06nc2 View Post
Could go down to last game against stevanage again and if we do get there we could get Stevenage again, surely they deserve abit if payback
A bit I bloody despise them
monkey hanger likes this.
Old 10-04-2017, 06:10   #115
God Member

I can't believe we're set to play Stevenage yet again at the end of the season - I thought the fixtures were supposed to be drawn randomly - yeah, right!
Old 10-04-2017, 08:19   #116
God Member

[QUOTE=AccyMad;1191996]I can't believe we're set to play Stevenage yet again at the end of the season -

actually it could be a good time to play em if there is such a thing as if they are where they are at the moment coming into the last game i can,t see em playing players who,ve got a knock as the week after they will be in the play offs. it could be a meaningless game for them and we may take advantage of it. next friday afternoon is the big one however.
monkey hanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2017, 08:35   #117
God Member

No such thing as a meaningless game between our clubs, they weren't playing for anything in our game at the end of last season & look what happened. . . . . .
baldy likes this.
Old 10-04-2017, 09:49   #118
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AccyMad View Post
No such thing as a meaningless game between our clubs, they weren't playing for anything in our game at the end of last season & look what happened. . . . . .
is it something that we are more bothered about them than they are about us. different players and different manager now. as for last season it was as much to do with the woodwork than their style of play.
monkey hanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2017, 10:26   #119
Senior Member+

I just had a little play at predicting results to the end of the season for all the teams from Luton down to us. Assuming we'd win the lot (I know, I know ) and everything else goes as would seem most likely given current table positions, the result was .....

4th Luton 76
5th Stevenage 75
6th Stanley 73
7th Exeter 72

... which would of course mean 3 games running against Stevenage before ending the season at Wembley . Sorry Di

The other things I realised from this exercise are that we need Donny to keep winning even though they're already up, and the Shrimps to hit a purple patch , as 4 of Donny's and all 5 of the Shrimps' last games are against teams in the play-off shake-up.
Old 10-04-2017, 10:31   #120
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkey hanger View Post
is it something that we are more bothered about them than they are about us. different players and different manager now. as for last season it was as much to do with the woodwork than their style of play.
Although a lot of the feelings against them stemmed from how Westley shafted Farnborough to acquire them (& it's not just us who despised them for that), they also have a historical grudge from when they won promotion to the football league in 96 & were refused due to their ground not being up to scratch, then when we achieved promotion 10 years later & were allowed to enter the promised land of league 2 the vitriol received from their fans was unbelievable.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..