Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 22-12-2008, 19:39   #151
Super Moderator

Re: Please Read; The Seats The Facts!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grimps View Post
all we can do is what all football clubs do is stand back let the football league make use run out off money and go bust
no need for seat when we get 1172 why 2000 under roof when we are just getting back in to life in the big game again should leve untill league 0ne sorry of the spelling
Grimps, your literary style seems strangely familiar. That's it, got it! You write the programme, don't you?
Old 22-12-2008, 23:27   #152

Lightbulb Re: Please Read; The Seats The Facts!!

never bye one can just about spell.need to read aswell if you bye one i just look at kp work on the web than bye one. but i spend more on food and drinck at the ground these days.
Grimps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-12-2008, 21:08   #153
God Member

Smile Re: Please Read; The Seats The Facts!!

Got to say enjoyed the atmosphere in the Clayton End today, The Ultras once again did us proud for most of the match, that along with a great first 20 mins from Stanley it was superb to be there. Hate to think what may become of it when the seats are in. Hope that it take nothing away from what is in the main an absolutely FANTASTIC DAY OUT!!!

ON STANLEY...............

18 Years in the Football League

https://onstanleyon.com/sean-mcconville-testimonial/

Last edited by VALAIRIAN; 28-12-2008 at 21:10. Reason: SPACING
VALAIRIAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-12-2008, 21:16   #154
I am Banned

But what difference will seats make???????????????????????

the seats wil be be in the empty space!!!!

All the seats will go is to compress the singers and the ultras!!! More atmosphere & noise!!!

Perhaps we MAY won't to seat Little Leams Army there?

The Clayton end hold's 2000; add the seats still 1500; we currently only get arund 500.

For goodness sake what's the issuse????

Lets get 1000+ EVERY WEEK on the Clayton End and then start worrying!!!
southernred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-12-2008, 21:30   #155
God Member

Question Re: Please Read; The Seats The Facts!!

Confused??? My understanding is that the seats are going along the front near the goals? But if I am not wrong quite a few of us stand there
so it will affect the atmos!!!!

18 Years in the Football League

https://onstanleyon.com/sean-mcconville-testimonial/
VALAIRIAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-12-2008, 21:36   #156
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by VALAIRIAN View Post
Confused??? My understanding is that the seats are going along the front near the goals? But if I am not wrong quite a few of us stand there
so it will affect the atmos!!!!
Why should it affect the atmosphere??????? The seats are going along the front of the stand but still plenty of room at the rear of the crush barrier. Ultras will still be together - just maybe spread out wider (but I doubt this) so atmosphere will NOT be affected as I see it. Just means those that normally stand at the front either sit down or move further back. Don't see what the problem is!

Piston broke owd geezer, Stanley supporter and shareholder, Retired and loving it
Addendum, the views I express on here are my own, if you don't like them: TOUGH!
Outback Ozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-12-2008, 21:49   #157
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Outback Ozzy View Post
Why should it affect the atmosphere??????? The seats are going along the front of the stand but still plenty of room at the rear of the crush barrier. Ultras will still be together - just maybe spread out wider (but I doubt this) so atmosphere will NOT be affected as I see it. Just means those that normally stand at the front either sit down or move further back. Don't see what the problem is!
I do..........................where i stand is the best standing place for me - dont like it further back, would spoil my viewing pleasure especially with a wall directly in front too - so my place atm is exactly where the seats are planned

ACCRINGTON STANLEY MAD!

Stanleymad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-12-2008, 21:52   #158
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by southernred View Post
But what difference will seats make???????????????????????

the seats wil be be in the empty space!!!!

All the seats will go is to compress the singers and the ultras!!! More atmosphere & noise!!!

Perhaps we MAY won't to seat Little Leams Army there?

The Clayton end hold's 2000; add the seats still 1500; we currently only get arund 500.

For goodness sake what's the issuse????

Lets get 1000+ EVERY WEEK on the Clayton End and then start worrying!!!
Well said.
There's no way around the league requirements. The club is minimising the damage with regards to affecting supporters' match day experience. The plans that are ready to go ahead are the most sensible and realistic.

I'm sure the atmosphere would be much worse off if we got thrown out of the league or went bust again after forking out more money than we can afford for an all singing all dancing new stand... again!!

Last edited by shakermaker; 28-12-2008 at 21:57.
shakermaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-12-2008, 21:58   #159
Super Moderator

It will affect the atmosphere, but it's difficult to put into words...it just won't "feel" right.

And, as I keep saying, those who maintain there's no problem are the ones who (as far as I'm aware) don't stand on the Clayton End, so they won't be affected.
Old 28-12-2008, 21:59   #160
Accy Red

Cricket Challenge Champion!

Southern Red, Outback Ozzy and Shakermaker, all regular Clayton Enders, NOT, and all with the same view, says it all really. Unless you are one of us don't comment on how we feel.

"At a football club, there's a holy trinity - the players, the manager and the supporters. Directors don't come into it. They're only there to sign cheques." - Bill Shankly
Bagpuss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-12-2008, 22:02   #161
God Member

Clayton Ender or Kop resident??
shakermaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-12-2008, 22:02   #162
I am Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stanleymad View Post
I do..........................where i stand is the best standing place for me - dont like it further back, would spoil my viewing pleasure especially with a wall directly in front too - so my place atm is exactly where the seats are planned
I respect your views; but could you try at the next match to stand a little further back???? If you coulf manage, you may be a little warmer and you'll be practicing foe when the red seats take place!!

Please let us know after you've tried; THANK YOU!!
Old 28-12-2008, 22:05   #163
Senior Member+

Just wait until the blokes from the Whinney Hill side come into the Clayton End. We'll all be moving further back then!!
Old 28-12-2008, 22:10   #164
I am Banned

Rather short staffed at present!!

BUT as promised will try to spend some time on the Clayton End next match
Old 28-12-2008, 22:20   #165
Accy Red

Cricket Challenge Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by shakermaker View Post
Clayton Ender or Kop resident??
Both but currently in a better position than some to pass comment on the views of US Clayton Enders.

"At a football club, there's a holy trinity - the players, the manager and the supporters. Directors don't come into it. They're only there to sign cheques." - Bill Shankly
Bagpuss is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..