Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 28-12-2008, 22:26   #166
God Member

Re: Please Read; The Seats The Facts!!

People, please stop with the ridiculous elitism. It's nonsense. I actually can't believe the phrase "unless you are one of us" was used... Christ! Here's me thinking we are all Stanley!! Or half Stanley... half Liverpool, at least.
The first Stanley game I can remember I was in the cow sheds. I was behind the goals sometimes with my mates, back when you could change ends at half time I also remember the Crown Ground before the North stand was built. I stood there sometimes with the old fellas, and duly the North stand still doesn't "feel" (might as well join in with it) like a part of the ground to me. I now regularly sit with my family in front of the press section and that is 'my' place. At some point, if we are lucky enough to have a team so successful, 'my' place may need to make way for a permanent press area that won't be filled or something just as ridiculous ordered by the league.
Stanley fans will appreciate that this has to be, and concede the rather odd feelings without kicking up a fuss. For my Gran and others who were lucky enough to see games at Peel Park, the Crown Ground/FES won't "feel" the same, but they put the Red first and enjoy the fact that we are back in the league where we belong.
shakermaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 28-12-2008, 22:29   #167
Super Moderator

If it's a choice between staying in the league and seats on the Clayton End, then we'll just have to accept the latter.

However, it ill becomes those who do not stand on the Clayton End to come on here blithely informing us that there's no problem. There IS a problem and we don't like it one little bit!
Old 28-12-2008, 22:34   #168
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by southernred View Post
I respect your views; but could you try at the next match to stand a little further back???? If you coulf manage, you may be a little warmer and you'll be practicing foe when the red seats take place!!

Please let us know after you've tried; THANK YOU!!
errr ermmm no need to shout haha just said i tried & didnt like it hence kept my trusty position near goaline which kept me coming back to the fes, also when i 1st came i sat in the main stand & didnt like that much - missed half the action, quite rightly as wynonie has said thats the thing that keep ya coming back

ACCRINGTON STANLEY MAD!

Stanleymad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-12-2008, 22:35   #169
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wynonie Harris View Post
If it's a choice between staying in the league and seats on the Clayton End, then we'll just have to accept the latter.

However, it ill becomes those who do not stand on the Clayton End to come on here blithely informing us that there's no problem. There IS a problem and we don't like it one little bit!
Here here

ACCRINGTON STANLEY MAD!

Old 28-12-2008, 22:53   #170
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by shakermaker View Post
People, please stop with the ridiculous elitism.
Hang on a minute, Shakey, who's being elitist? Elitism implies feelings of superiority. I'm not for one minute (and I don't reckon anybody else is) saying that those who stand on the Clayton End are an elite. It's just that we're in love with the old fashioned way of supporting our team...and that means standing on the terraces. Obviously, we'll still be able to do that after the seats go in, but it just won't be the same without a whole standing terraced "end" (even if it's very rarely filled).

I also take exception to people who don't stand on the Clayton End telling me there's no problem. How do they know? And as for "not kicking up a fuss"...we are diehard Stanley fans, just like you, and if we don't like what the club are doing to "our" part of the ground, we have every right to kick up a fuss!
Old 28-12-2008, 23:00   #171
God Member

"Unless you are one of us don't comment on how we feel."

F***ing ridiculous.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wyn
and if we don't like what the club are doing to "our" part of the ground, we have every right to kick up a fuss!
Come on be fair, it's not like the big mean club are doing this out of the big mean blue. It's a necessity. I'm sure plausible alternatives will be welcome. Until then, kicking up a fuss won't really achieve anything will it? As I've already said, it's perfectly understandable to predict that it won't "feel" the same, but to complain seems selfish.

Last edited by shakermaker; 28-12-2008 at 23:07.
Old 28-12-2008, 23:04   #172
God Member

Not only is it loss of our personal standing space but is going to look blumming rediculous our grounds tinpot enough without it looking more tinpot with painted seats

ACCRINGTON STANLEY MAD!

Old 28-12-2008, 23:09   #173
Full Member+

Yes, it would probably look less tinpot without the seats...... but I suppose in the Conference it wouldn't matter as much!
Oldgobbin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-12-2008, 23:13   #174
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldgobbin View Post
Yes, it would probably look less tinpot without the seats...... but I suppose in the Conference it wouldn't matter as much!
whats the view of the cowshedders?? not visited for a bit [another good viewing spot standing]......u have a higher wall

ACCRINGTON STANLEY MAD!

Old 28-12-2008, 23:14   #175
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wynonie Harris View Post

I wouldn't disagree with anything here, Wyn. You have every right to be peeved. But the fact is, as you've said, there's no choice. Enjoy the terracing while you can, before we move up the leagues and the rest of the seats join the first little settlers!
Old 28-12-2008, 23:18   #176
Accy Red

Cricket Challenge Champion!

Shakermaker the true blood Stanley fan, now who's being elitist. I hope you give the other 1/2 Stanley fans as you call them, i.e Willie Miller for one, the same amount of disdain. I will remember what I am and doff my cap when in your presence in future.

"At a football club, there's a holy trinity - the players, the manager and the supporters. Directors don't come into it. They're only there to sign cheques." - Bill Shankly
Bagpuss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-12-2008, 23:20   #177
God Member

No disdain whatsoever. Merely enjoying highlighting your hypocrisy.
Old 28-12-2008, 23:24   #178
God Member

Quote:
it's perfectly understandable to predict that it won't "feel" the same, but to complain seems selfish.
Why is it selfish??? we pay our money just the same

ACCRINGTON STANLEY MAD!

Old 28-12-2008, 23:25   #179
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stanleymad View Post
Why is it selfish??? we pay our money just the same
Because there's no other alternative. Complaining seems pointless and selfish. The club are doing all they can. Credit where credit's due.
Old 28-12-2008, 23:29   #180
Accy Red

Cricket Challenge Champion!

Quote:
No disdain whatsoever. Merely enjoying highlighting your hypocrisy.
So because I choose to stop paying for a season ticket at Anfield (all seater) and came to watch Stanley (terrace) that makes me a hypocrite?

"At a football club, there's a holy trinity - the players, the manager and the supporters. Directors don't come into it. They're only there to sign cheques." - Bill Shankly
Bagpuss is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..