Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 29-12-2008, 18:26   #211
God Member

Re: Please Read; The Seats The Facts!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wynonie Harris View Post
Shakey, like yourself, it's Stanley first and last for me...always has been, always will be. When we left the league in '62 I was one of the few of that generation of Accy lads who didn't go off to Ewood or the Turf, but carried on watching Lancs Comb football at Peel Park until the club finally gave up the ghost in '66. Even then, I refused to watch football until Stanley started up again. I have no interest in any other club and rarely watch games on TV or follow the comings and goings in the Premiership.

However, I think your attitude of disdain to two-club fans and your tactics in insulting them by calling them "hypocrites" is wrong, wrong, wrong. When I stand on the Clayton End, more often than not, I'm with Cashy - he's a Rovers man through and through, but he's there paying his money and supporting Stanley like the rest of us. A few steps away, stands Bagpuss - a Liverpool man who's doing the same. A bit further down I often see a lad who I know is a Burnley fan and so it goes, all around the stadium. If you drive away the dual-club fans, you will find that our gates will go from pitiful to being critical.

But, I don't just want to keep these fans - I want more of these "hypocrites" who you seem to despise to come along and adopt us as their second club. Yes, the future of Stanley lies in attracting more young 'uns to adopt us as their first club (which is why Liam's Match Day Club is such a good idea), but in the meantime, we can gain valuable revenue and vocal support by attracting some of the members of the "lost generations" back to us (even if it is as a second club).

Also, I think many of these fans come along because we offer something that's not available at their own clubs in their all-seater stadiums. And that is the atmosphere of the Clayton End terraces - an atmosphere which I feel will be altered and lessened by the introduction of seating on the lower tiers. Yes, the club will make a short-term cost saving by not having to install a stand on the Whinney Hill side, but I just hope that it doesn't lead to long-term losses by reducing our appeal to casual fans.
Great post Wynonie, Sums it up!!

18 Years in the Football League

https://onstanleyon.com/sean-mcconville-testimonial/
VALAIRIAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 12-01-2009, 11:22   #212
mab
God Member

Budapest Defenders Champion!
Fast Castle Defense Champion!

We're now in to the new year just wondering has any work started on the new seating yet
Old 12-01-2009, 12:16   #213
Senior Member+

I support what are arguably the largest and the smallest clubs in the Football League.

I would definitely recommend any one from the larger clubs to visit the Crown Ground and support Stanley whenever they can.

There is something about Stanley matches that I wish you could bottle.

6th March 1962 - They turned off the gas but nothing could extinguish the flame!
Haggis316 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2009, 16:21   #214

Quote:
Originally Posted by mab View Post
We're now in to the new year just wondering has any work started on the new seating yet
Not yet. But I've heard they are hopefully going to be fitted in the first or second week in May -

- by a seat fitting firm - from Bournemouth
Blackburn Stanley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2009, 16:42   #215
Senior Member+

will we get the see these 2nd hand blue seats this season or will it be the friendlies next season when we will get the delight of these blue empty seats!

The Harder The Conflict, The More Glorious The Triumph

MCR ADIM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-01-2009, 21:47   #216

somebody on here said they were starting mind jan it has to be passed bye fa before may.
Grimps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-01-2009, 21:52   #217
God Member

Thumbs up Re: Please Read; The Seats The Facts!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MCR ADIM View Post
will we get the see these 2nd hand blue seats this season or will it be the friendlies next season when we will get the delight of these blue empty seats!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grimps View Post
somebody on here said they were starting mind jan it has to be passed bye fa before may.

Southerns quote :- , the Football League deadline is the 1st of May on the 3rd season of membership.

18 Years in the Football League

https://onstanleyon.com/sean-mcconville-testimonial/

Last edited by VALAIRIAN; 15-01-2009 at 21:53. Reason: missed bit
VALAIRIAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-01-2009, 22:09   #218
God Member

Observer today has Rob Heys saying that he is going up to St Mirren to get some seats off them.

edit; found image

http://www.stmirrendirect.co.uk/acatalog/info_509.html

it looks to me like they got a job lot of cheapo seats when they built their new ground - how many different coloured seats!

Last edited by maccawozzagod; 15-01-2009 at 22:13.
maccawozzagod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-01-2009, 22:15   #219
Senior Member+

think we will be changing that stand name not clayton end, not sophia khan end, rainbow seats end

Old 16-01-2009, 09:41   #220
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MCR ADIM View Post
think we will be changing that stand name not clayton end, not sophia khan end, rainbow seats end
That actually has quite a ring to it
AccyMad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-01-2009, 17:51   #221
God Member

maybe we'll need a Rod, Jayne and Freddy to match the George, Zippy and Bungles in the boardroom?
Old 16-01-2009, 18:01   #222
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by maccawozzagod
maybe we'll need a Rod, Jayne and Freddy to match the George, Zippy and Bungles in the boardroom?
They remind me more of Brian Potter and the Phoenix Club crew.

Eric has to be Potter, Coleman and Bell as Les Alanos, Ricky Kirby as Jerry St.Clair, Rob Heys as Ray Von, any more suggestions. Who are Kenny and Young Kenny?

Do not take life too seriously. You will never get out of it alive.
yerself is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-01-2009, 18:08   #223
God Member

When at Rochdale I noticed they had a lot of red seats but most of the seating is blue, maybe we could swap our "new" blue ones for some red uns

www.ubuntu.com

K.S.H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-01-2009, 18:20   #224
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by yerself View Post

Eric has to be Potter, Coleman and Bell as Les Alanos, Ricky Kirby as Jerry St.Clair, Rob Heys as Ray Von, any more suggestions. Who are Kenny and Young Kenny?
Max as Mick Shultz

Old 18-01-2009, 15:11   #225
Full Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by yerself View Post

Lee for Young Kenny

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..