Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 20-02-2009, 15:33   #451
God Member

Re: Please Read; The Seats The Facts!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by K-P View Post
It wasnt a case of will they wont they.. it as a case of when.. thats what we where talking about..

As you brought up the subject.. I wouldnt worry about seats being a reason for relegation.. or ending up in relegation zone... the ongoing fiddle diddle enquiery from the bury game would be my worry... hardly going to be a ten pound fine is it ...
Thought that was put to bed ages ago?????

18 Years in the Football League

https://onstanleyon.com/sean-mcconville-testimonial/
VALAIRIAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 20-02-2009, 15:36   #452
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JEFF View Post
How many times have you been told that the seats WILL be in place by 1st May. Why keep going on about it. The only way we will be out of the league is if we get relegated. The only way WE can help not get relegated is to support Stanley, so get up to the FES on Saturday and Tuesday and get behind the team and let's have a couple of wins, and for goodness sake stop moaning about the seats.
Must agree with this bit

Old 20-02-2009, 15:51   #453
K-P

Quote:
Originally Posted by VALAIRIAN View Post
Thought that was put to bed ages ago?????
Why did you think that? every couple of weeks the observer print a small 3-4 liner saying its still ongoing because thats all the info they can get from the FL
Old 20-02-2009, 15:53   #454
Senior Member+

K-P even if there was any substance to the allegation no one has suggested the club were in any way implicated. Why should it suffer?

In the 60's it was Swan Layne and Kay who took the rap over the bets that were put on their result at Ipswich - Sheffield Wednesday only got sympathy.

6th March 1962 - They turned off the gas but nothing could extinguish the flame!
Haggis316 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-02-2009, 16:00   #455
K-P

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haggis316 View Post
K-P even if there was any substance to the allegation no one has suggested the club were in any way implicated. Why should it suffer?
aww come on! your not that nieve are you? history tells you that no matter who at the club has done wrong.. the whole club, town, fans are the ones that suffer.. If there is no wrong doing then why so long?
Old 20-02-2009, 16:21   #456
Senior Member+

I think this is dangerous territory which is why I refrain from quoting from any posts on the topic.

6th March 1962 - They turned off the gas but nothing could extinguish the flame!
Haggis316 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-03-2009, 21:22   #457
mab
God Member

Budapest Defenders Champion!
Fast Castle Defense Champion!

Any up dates on the seating anyone(is more help needed by the club from the fans)

Last edited by mab; 23-03-2009 at 21:28.
mab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-03-2009, 10:17   #458

Quote:
Originally Posted by mab View Post
Any up dates on the seating anyone(is more help needed by the club from the fans)

I still think the club are planning to install most of the seats by the middle of May or early June at the latest - but don't worry they will be in place well in time for the start of the new season - in the Blue Square
Blackburn Stanley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-03-2009, 11:22   #459
mab
God Member

Budapest Defenders Champion!
Fast Castle Defense Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackburn Stanley View Post
I still think the club are planning to install most of the seats by the middle of May or early June at the latest - but don't worry they will be in place well in time for the start of the new season - in the Blue Square
need to be in by 1st/2nd of may to stay in
Old 26-03-2009, 12:04   #460
God Member

Article about it on the Football League website yesterday, so they can see the work is being done

The Football League | News | Coca-Cola League 2 | Coca-Cola League 2 | STANLEY FANS MAKE A STAND!
Old 26-03-2009, 15:18   #461
God Member

Exclamation Re: Please Read; The Seats The Facts!!

Seriously It is only just over 5 weeks until the deadline, that does not seem like a lot of time to get the work done when you consider what has been done so far and the time that work has taken. We also have Easter coming up as well, which will not see much work carried out I would have thought ?? Could we have some up to date info please Southern

Old 26-03-2009, 17:17   #462
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by VALAIRIAN View Post
Seriously It is only just over 5 weeks until the deadline, that does not seem like a lot of time to get the work done when you consider what has been done so far and the time that work has taken. We also have Easter coming up as well, which will not see much work carried out I would have thought ?? Could we have some up to date info please Southern
i have always been more concerned about this issue than anything else, cos to me it is the ONLY thing that can see stanley out.
Old 27-03-2009, 10:45   #463

ive rang accy left my phone number i was giving block to them of nothing . was nocking down 3 homes in burnley loads of brick wood and slat . all i got was we will ring you back 3 weeks ago so all the stuff gone to land fill
Grimps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-03-2009, 11:11   #464

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grimps View Post
ive rang accy left my phone number i was giving block to them of nothing . was nocking down 3 homes in burnley loads of brick wood and slat . all i got was we will ring you back 3 weeks ago so all the stuff gone to land fill
The clubs Google Page Ranking is very poor. I called up after the Darlington game to find out why the extra seats had not been put in. I was was left waiting for 5 mins while the young lady who answered went to find help. She did come back in the end and said she was sorry but there was nobody there who knew - but she had heard that they were being installed after the last home game of the season (Chesterfield on April 25th ) - Eric really likes to push it
Blackburn Stanley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-03-2009, 12:41   #465

Talking Re: Please Read; The Seats The Facts!!

why not the 1st may and see if we can make a new world record 4 800 seat in a day lol
Grimps is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..