Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-04-2009, 22:34   #511
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Re: Please Read; The Seats The Facts!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mab View Post
With the seats going in ,Does that mean that they can be used for this weekends game??????????
would doubt very much mab, too my way of thinking they surely must have to be "Passed" fer H@S when completed is my thoughts.
Old 02-04-2009, 03:48   #512
Accy Red

Cricket Challenge Champion!

Remember Ultras if it's awalkway there will be NO hanging banners from the back wall. If you fancy another silent 10 minute protest count me in.

"At a football club, there's a holy trinity - the players, the manager and the supporters. Directors don't come into it. They're only there to sign cheques." - Bill Shankly
Bagpuss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2009, 08:27   #513
God Member

Smile Re: Please Read; The Seats The Facts!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wynonie Harris View Post
So does this mean that the first line of barriers as shown here april_1st_09_1.jpg :: Accy Stanleys New Seats
are being taken out? What would be the point of that?

,,,and Valairian, yes, it's all seating in the Whinney Hill.
Thanks for that Wynonie I feel aggrieved at having to move in The Clayton End but at least I can still stand! I feel really sorry for the "Cowshedders" because now they have to sit or move to The Clayton End..... These sodding seats .....And yes I know we must have them.

18 Years in the Football League

https://onstanleyon.com/sean-mcconville-testimonial/
VALAIRIAN is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2009, 11:17   #514
God Member

Posted via Mobile Device See what a nitemare its becoming, which makes deciding whether a tenner difference in standing/seating but with ponderence where u stand and if theres room, well theres gonna be plenty of seats. Not gonna be much room to disco.
Stanleymad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2009, 11:18   #515
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stanleymad View Post
Posted via Mobile Device See what a nitemare its becoming, which makes deciding whether a tenner difference in standing/seating but with ponderence where u stand and if theres room, well theres gonna be plenty of seats. Not gonna be much room to disco.
sitting may just be yer best option?
Old 02-04-2009, 11:45   #516
God Member

Posted via Mobile Device. Lol seating would be worse one way to get a face lift :0
Stanleymad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2009, 11:56   #517
God Member

being the gents we are on here we'll stick to the usual ladies and children 1st rule :-)
i'll not mention the old ones just yet, i'll see how much room there is 1st :-)
Posted via Mobile Device

Last edited by K.S.H; 02-04-2009 at 11:58.
K.S.H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2009, 13:28   #518
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
sitting may just be yer best option?
I think if you ask Kenny he will tell you it's no good sitting, a good shot stopper should always be on their toes
Old 02-04-2009, 14:29   #519
Accy Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by K-P View Post
The whole thing has to ahve a safety certificate... its not really the clubs decision..
I'm not going with that one, It's more to do with not letting paying standing punters think they can sit down on the cheap (there might be one or two). If the walkways where left as they are now there would be no problem with the H&S certificate but because the club are putting a barrier between the seats and standing they have to make the new walkway and further annoy its loyal supporters.

"At a football club, there's a holy trinity - the players, the manager and the supporters. Directors don't come into it. They're only there to sign cheques." - Bill Shankly
Old 02-04-2009, 16:27   #520
K-P

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bagpuss View Post
I'm not going with that one,
There has to be a walkway from left to right... currently its at the bottom nr the wall.. When the seats go in that will be a different section to standing... So there has to be a walkway for the standing area...

There isnt really anywhere else it could be.. If you think between standing and seats... that would mean removing a step (or two) to make a walkway wide enough and will the best will in the world adding concrete is a massive difference to trying to remove a step ..

I dont see as theres any option for the walkway and its placement..

I do see that in three years of planning there could ahve been other options as to where to put the seats in the first place that would be in line with Rob Heys annoucement that theres no chance of seats going into the Clayton end.. but thats another story
Old 02-04-2009, 18:45   #521
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by K-P View Post

There isnt really anywhere else it could be.. If you think between standing and seats... that would mean removing a step (or two) to make a walkway wide enough and will the best will in the world adding concrete is a massive difference to trying to remove a step ..

I dont see as theres any option for the walkway and its placement..
Personally I think the best place would be between the seats and standing, no need to "remove" a step, just fill the lower one in to the level of the next one, just like they have done with the new walkway

www.ubuntu.com

K.S.H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2009, 19:00   #522
K-P

Quote:
Originally Posted by K.S.H View Post
Personally I think the best place would be between the seats and standing, no need to "remove" a step, just fill the lower one in to the level of the next one, just like they have done with the new walkway

oh yeagh
Old 02-04-2009, 19:16   #523
Accy Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bagpuss View Post
I'm not going with that one, It's more to do with not letting paying standing punters think they can sit down on the cheap (there might be one or two). If the walkways where left as they are now there would be no problem with the H&S certificate but because the club are putting a barrier between the seats and standing they have to make the new walkway and further annoy its loyal supporters.
So we go back to what I said earlier it's about money and balls to the supporters, sort of.

Old 02-04-2009, 19:29   #524
Super Moderator

Still don't understand where the seated area is going to start. Is it after the first lot of barriers?....after the second lot of barriers?...or are they completely repositioning the barriers and it's somewhere inbetween?
Old 02-04-2009, 19:46   #525
Accy Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wynonie Harris View Post
Still don't understand where the seated area is going to start. Is it after the first lot of barriers?....after the second lot of barriers?...or are they completely repositioning the barriers and it's somewhere inbetween?
Southern Red must not know because he's read this thread and gone.
I bet part of the Clayton End will not be used on Saturday, anyone agree?

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..