Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-05-2009, 14:58   #586
Super Moderator

Re: Please Read; The Seats The Facts!!

Seats on the sacred slopes of the Clayton End...who'd a' thowt it?

Never mind, it's happened, we're still in the football league, so that's an end of it...onwards and upwards!
Old 01-05-2009, 15:31   #587

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeA View Post
I think the club, especially Mark who has kept us updated on what's happening, deserve congratulations on this. Nobody seems to want the seats but, if having them means we preserve our league status, then so be it. It seems that the directors have been involved in some very effective wheeling and dealing that has got a nasty job done with the the minimum of expense and disruption.

Thanks too to everyone who chipped in with their time.
Well said Mike... The Directors and Dave O Neill really have done well. Also well done to all the volunteers who also helped out thats what makes this club.
Give us the old gree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2009, 16:02   #588
Accy Red

Cricket Challenge Champion!

Yep well done for dragging your feet for 3 years missing out on grants and then at the last minute lying to the fans and putting seats on the Clayton End, cheers.

"At a football club, there's a holy trinity - the players, the manager and the supporters. Directors don't come into it. They're only there to sign cheques." - Bill Shankly
Bagpuss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2009, 20:06   #589
Senior Member+

Does anyone know whether the seats have gone back in the whinney hill stand, cow shed, scratting shed. And if they have, someone was suggesting last Saturday that all that whinney hill side will be just far away fans next season.

Is this the case?
Bernard Dawson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2009, 20:11   #590
God Member

Smile Re: Please Read; The Seats The Facts!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bernard Dawson View Post
Does anyone know whether the seats have gone back in the whinney hill stand, cow shed, scratting shed. And if they have, someone was suggesting last Saturday that all that whinney hill side will be just far away fans next season.

Is this the case?
Not too sure, My understanding from this thread and things in programmes Etc. is that the "Cowshed" will be seated 1/2 and 1/2 ..... Maybe Southern will answer this question...

18 Years in the Football League

https://onstanleyon.com/sean-mcconville-testimonial/
VALAIRIAN is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2009, 20:24   #591
God Member

I am sure the plan is to leave segregation as it is - but if we get an instance where we could get another 200 or so away fans in then a fence could be erected to give them the whole bike shed
Old 01-05-2009, 20:26   #592
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by VALAIRIAN View Post
Not too sure, My understanding from this thread and things in programmes Etc. is that the "Cowshed" will be seated 1/2 and 1/2 ..... Maybe Southern will answer this question...

That was my understanding as well. It's what I was told when I got my season ticket as well

I don't particular want to sit down, but I just find with my eyes it's lot easier to see both goals from under that shed.
Old 01-05-2009, 20:31   #593
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bernard Dawson View Post
That was my understanding as well. It's what I was told when I got my season ticket as well

I don't particular want to sit down, but I just find with my eyes it's lot easier to see both goals from under that shed.

Nice one

Old 01-05-2009, 20:36   #594
mab
God Member

Budapest Defenders Champion!
Fast Castle Defense Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by VALAIRIAN View Post
i was there on tuesday afternoon helping,and as i under stand it at the time we had an extra 200 seats in the clayton end 5 rows and a few extra in the main stand.160ish going in the whinney home section and none in the away section at that time,but those who have worked on the other day/nights would be able to say if there was seats in the cow shed
Old 02-05-2009, 07:36   #595
I am Banned

Again to try and pass on what I know (it may not be the exact facts as I don't visit/work at the ground on a daily basis)

The main focus of the seats I have have consistantly said, despite being critised by some, was to get the seats in under cover by the 1st of May.

Orginially there was no intention to use the Clayton End, as that would reduce capacity.

We wanted to put something new on the Whinney Hill, but as there are only 40% grants currently available, we felt that it was unwise to take the club into debt.
We want to buy some modular, pre-build stands (lego/maccano type) but the design we required is not available.

All the experts said the cheapest way was to do exactly what you see now; seats under the Cow Shed and seats to the front of the Clayton End.

With regards to the "exacts" of the Cow Shed. Again I havn't been on the ground since Wednesday evening, but I believe the intention was to seat it all. Whilst there is a largeish gap at the back of the seats, this will be the walkway and no standing will be officially allowed.

With regards to the segregation and layout of the ground: again the main emphaise is to get the job done. We now have 3 months until the start of next season to sort out the finer points. I believe we should firstly find out what the users of the old Cow Shed want before making any firm decisions (however that is my own view only) But whatever happens we will have to conform with the Safety Certificate issuers LCC.
southernred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2009, 07:42   #596
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by southernred View Post
Again to try and pass on what I know (it may not be the exact facts as I don't visit/work at the ground on a daily basis)

The main focus of the seats I have have consistantly said, despite being critised by some, was to get the seats in under cover by the 1st of May.

Orginially there was no intention to use the Clayton End, as that would reduce capacity.

We wanted to put something new on the Whinney Hill, but as there are only 40% grants currently available, we felt that it was unwise to take the club into debt.
We want to buy some modular, pre-build stands (lego/maccano type) but the design we required is not available.

All the experts said the cheapest way was to do exactly what you see now; seats under the Cow Shed and seats to the front of the Clayton End.

With regards to the "exacts" of the Cow Shed. Again I havn't been on the ground since Wednesday evening, but I believe the intention was to seat it all. Whilst there is a largeish gap at the back of the seats, this will be the walkway and no standing will be officially allowed.

With regards to the segregation and layout of the ground: again the main emphaise is to get the job done. We now have 3 months until the start of next season to sort out the finer points. I believe we should firstly find out what the users of the old Cow Shed want before making any firm decisions (however that is my own view only) But whatever happens we will have to conform with the Safety Certificate issuers LCC.
Thanks Southern At least we are still getting some information from the club. I think most of us have accepted that it has had to be done and now we must just look forward to next season's push for promotion Thanks for the post mate.

Old 02-05-2009, 10:45   #597

My wife and I went to buy season tickets for the cow shed and were told by Lee that the whinney hill terrace was all to be used by away support. I said at the time it seemed a little strange, as the away support would very rarely fill all the cow shed and the Coppice end. There you are thats what I was told by Lee.
Tommy McQueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2009, 11:27   #598
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tommy McQueen View Post
My wife and I went to buy season tickets for the cow shed and were told by Lee that the whinney hill terrace was all to be used by away support. I said at the time it seemed a little strange, as the away support would very rarely fill all the cow shed and the Coppice end. There you are thats what I was told by Lee.
If that's the case then those seats are going to be mainly empty for most of the season, whilst the Stanley fans are going to be crammed into the clayton end.

I am not sure I understand the logic in that.
Old 02-05-2009, 12:36   #599
God Member

Posted via Mobile Device. Unless the demand for standing terraces within our home support is such that the alternative is that it retains 3 parts of the ground on days where there is less away support, as such to sell the away the cow sheds seats at the higher price than the terrace whilst offering possible growing home support that is standing - just a thought.
Stanleymad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2009, 20:08   #600
Resting In Peace

I am led to believe that the seats have been permanently removed from the away section of the Whinney Hill Stand but the seats are still there in the home section.
JEFF is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..