Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-05-2009, 21:40   #601
Senior Member+

Re: Please Read; The Seats The Facts!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JEFF View Post
I am led to believe that the seats have been permanently removed from the away section of the Whinney Hill Stand but the seats are still there in the home section.
I thought that those seats were for away fans? We have to provide seating for away fans, so where will they go? Seems strange, if true.
Old 03-05-2009, 22:32   #602

hope the fa do not come to see us then
Grimps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-06-2009, 21:51   #603
mab
God Member

Budapest Defenders Champion!
Fast Castle Defense Champion!

Getting back to other issures!! ie police control box don't we have to have a new one built and up and running in time for the start of the new season to please the local Aurthorities and league ..
Old 15-06-2009, 05:51   #604
Senior Member+

I see that Dagenham haven't left it until the 11th hour to sort out their required seating.

Dagenham & Redbridge

Hmmm.... seems to be a problem with the page link, but basically they've started work on removing an old terrace and replacing it with a 1200 seat stand. I wonder why they didn't leave it until the end of next March, like any other club would have done?

Last edited by Tin Monkey; 15-06-2009 at 05:56.
Tin Monkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-06-2009, 13:37   #605
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tin Monkey View Post
I see that Dagenham haven't left it until the 11th hour to sort out their required seating.

Dagenham & Redbridge

Hmmm.... seems to be a problem with the page link, but basically they've started work on removing an old terrace and replacing it with a 1200 seat stand. I wonder why they didn't leave it until the end of next March, like any other club would have done?
Maybe the fact that they finished 8th last season gives them sufficient confidence to think that they won't be involved in a relegation tussle in the next season or two, unlike other teams not a million miles from Clayton-le-Moors.
MikeA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-06-2009, 14:34   #606

burnley lol
Grimps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2009, 12:17   #607
Full Member+

Dagenham & Redbridge | News | Latest News | Latest News | Latest pictures of the New Stand
Old 09-08-2009, 14:24   #608
Super Moderator

The most interesting fact about the D & R stand is the funding. 40% from Football Foundation and the balance ( i hear) from a local council grant. Now without being too contraversial I wonder if HBC could arrange a grant for the town's biggest asset????

Whilst digesting this, also re-read the information with regards to the Control Box. Whilst the situation could have been dealt with differently phrases like " 3 years of misery" from local council officals does seem out of place in my view.
Mr T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2009, 14:48   #609
Full Member+

The only major planning problem is people who don't like football, moving into houses, right next to a football ground then moaning about it???

Old 09-08-2009, 18:28   #610

good point that fatgaz
caretaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2009, 18:40   #611
Full Member+

Thumbs down Re: Please Read; The Seats The Facts!!

The Crown Ground must be about 5 metres high at its highest point and surround by trees pretty much, if it really ruins you view (of what exactly??) look out of another windaow at something else.

Pathetic

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..