Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-12-2008, 14:47   #76
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Re: Please Read; The Seats The Facts!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by K-P View Post
being a little dramatic helps get the point accross
n thats a fair point, can't disagree wi that.
Old 02-12-2008, 16:48   #77
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liam Smith View Post
Can I just say that all of the above we are doing and have been doing for several months

Thanks,

Liam

I know that and you know that but many people don't know how the FITC works.

The comments weren't in any way a criticism of the FITC, far from it, more an example of extra ways that the reported £240k could possibly have been made up. It would always have involved an element of speculation though so would always have been a non starter
Old 02-12-2008, 20:16   #78
Senior Member+

If the safety authorities/rules allow seats to be placed in front of terracing (and presumably that is being investigated by the Club) wouldn't some form of barrier need putting behind the seats (to protect them from crowd surge) possibly to meet their requirements and wouldn't those barriers reduce the available standing area possibly cutting capacity below the 5000 or whatever the League require? What if there was a crush between those barriers and the structural back of the Clayton End stand?

6th March 1962 - They turned off the gas but nothing could extinguish the flame!
Haggis316 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2008, 20:34   #79
I am Banned

The barrier is already there, it would just need extending. The club are in discussions with LCC and the FLA as to what exactly needed. Please look at the KIPAX photo from Macc to see what already exists there.

With regards to capacity; we think we will need to add addition terracing to the Coppice End inplace of the toliet block. (more portaloos required, more expense!!)
southernred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2008, 20:52   #80
mab
God Member

Budapest Defenders Champion!
Fast Castle Defense Champion!

The Star Lane End is a relatively new covered stand, that is a strange mix of seating and terracing. Strange and unusual in having a terrace area behind the seating area. Apparently seating was added to the terrace in this way, so that the Club could fulfil the then Football League's rules concerning the number of seats that a Club ground needed to be admitted into the Football League.
Old 02-12-2008, 21:00   #81
mab
God Member

Budapest Defenders Champion!
Fast Castle Defense Champion!

This is Maccs new stand !!! imagin the seats in red and called the whinney hill stand wishfull thinking i know but wouldn't it look good
Old 02-12-2008, 21:15   #82
I am Banned

Looks well, even better to walk through, contains offices upstairs and work place ( laundry kit rooms etc underneath)

However was funded by strange financial methods which were subsequently deemed incorrect by the FA!!!

The Star Lane though is cheap and practical and would work for Accy.
A team of officials made a visit last week
Old 02-12-2008, 21:23   #83
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by southernred View Post
Looks well, even better to walk through, contains offices upstairs and work place ( laundry kit rooms etc underneath)

However was funded by strange financial methods which were subsequently deemed incorrect by the FA!!!

The Star Lane though is cheap and practical and would work for Accy.
A team of officials made a visit last week
can i ask fer what purpose?
Old 02-12-2008, 21:29   #84
I am Banned

To see exactly how the Star Lane End compared to the Clayton End, to view the profile, take measurements and look at the access.

We also spoke to their Chief Exc to understand how they operate this stand from a practical and safety point of view.

Their information was superb. ASFC's has a good name with other clubs and they will offer help and advice
Old 02-12-2008, 21:33   #85
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

thanks fer that southern red, was just wondering. its good that stanley has a good name with other clubs, they should have being a founder member.
Old 03-12-2008, 07:49   #86
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by southernred View Post
Will reply to other questions as time permits later;

But the main question that reoccurs is the restricted view. From what I know but will have to check the small print I think there could be two problems by putting the seats at both wings of the Clayton End.

1) I don't expect the safety people will allow you to permit seats that encourage people to stand to gain a view. ie: if you HAD to stand to see the action every time the ball went goal bound that will be seen as a safety risk. (IMHO)

2) If you sold these seats as having a restricted view, which you could do by charging the same price as the terrace (as Macc do) they may not count towards the 2000 seats required by the FL. I'm not sure of this point but it defeats the object of a seating requirement if you can't atcually seem the pitch ( Hereford have huge problems with this; from the front row of the main stand you can't see the touchline, but the have enough seats further back in the stand)

The points raised are all good ones, but believe me the club are looking at ALL options.
Rather than having the inner boundary of the seats at each side running at 90 degrees back, why not have them angled at 45 degrees (or a more acute angle) from the front? Views from them should then be OK and those who love to stand right behind the goal could still get their fix. The standing area would be more of a wedge shape, narrowing down from nearly full width at the back to about the width of the six yard box at the front, the exact proportions depending on how many seats are needed.
Redraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2008, 08:06   #87
God Member

david o'neil states in the telegraph today that we budget for crowds of 2000!!!

what!! we haven't (officially) had that ever!!!

but at least that clears up any misunderstandings that Kipax has regarding where the transfer money has gone.

Even more woryingly it goes on to say that the new seats will be blue as they has some that Man City were disposing of.

ya kept that bit quiet Mr Turner
Old 03-12-2008, 08:13   #88
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by maccawozzagod View Post
Even more woryingly it goes on to say that the new seats will be blue as they has some that Man City were disposing of.
Liam can get his little army on the job with some red marker pens
Old 03-12-2008, 09:15   #89
Resting In Peace

Quote:
I agree Kipax, but there are also more ways of getting much, much more money out of the people that do come - especially new fans who are eager for the extras.

FCStanley keeps banging on about a new stand having office space and executive boxes in it whilst SR says who would fill em in the current climate? The fact remains that it would cost only a few hundred pound extra to incorporate the design of an office into a newbuild structure but this could be worth an absolute bare minimum of £50 a week rent to a small office based company. An 'executive' (very loosely termed) box need only cost £20-30 per game per person with a bit of lunch chucked in but it would be an extra that has cost next to now and helps the structure pay for itself.

The Football in the Community scheme is self funded - i.e the club pays nowt towards it (or shouldn't need to). There are grants available from hundreds of different sources (and the football league provide assistance with acquiring it) as long the purpose is community based. Quick example and by no means a 'should do' We could approach the Youth Offenders programme and ask them for a couple of thousand pound for some new inititiative that provides the little scallies with a worthwhile pursuit. Government department responsible for Young thugs then gives us five grand to buy some trackies and hoodies to give em while they paint our turnstiles. etc etc. We could put in for funding towards a sports hall for disabled children from the Sport For All Council, we could put in a bid for money from the Criminally challenged people for Acquainting Traveller children within the community, or what about the Diversity Forum that we championed and helped set up? that could be worth a few quid in terms of setting up some kind base from which to establish their teachings to multi culture? Pendle Red posted something earlier this year about the No Limits people putting some money into Rovers and Burnley and establishing some form of permanent business help venture at the respective stadiums. I know we have a business link with No Limits but have they been able to fund anything for us?

The principle I am explaining is that we have had three years to explore ways of making the stand pay for itself and we haven't found a way of making £240k (SR's figure) do that?
MACCA - You seem to be spending a lot of time composing these messages. Why don't you concentrate your energies on finding the memorabilia that you haven't yet returned to me from the exhibition?
JEFF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2008, 09:25   #90
K-P

Quote:
david o'neil states in the telegraph today that we budget for crowds of 2000!!!
What? Why on earth would they do that...

sniff sniff... whats that smell ?

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..