Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-12-2008, 11:03   #91
I am Banned

Re: Please Read; The Seats The Facts!!

The blue seats IF we use them will be for the Whinney Hill side ONLY and will be at a good price to ASFC; FREE OF CHARGE!!!! What does the colour matter if there's away suppporters sat on them!!!

When I spoke to Dave O'neill at length (last week) the intention then was to put new seats in the Clayton End. If we buy new seats then we can obvoiusly choose the colour.

Anyway who's to say a some stage our 2nd or 3rd choice kit won't be blue?? Seem to remember a team from Accy winning over 10 games in the Conference. Coley wanted to play to blue every match at that time. We even played at Hereford in blue rather than the red!!

When will people understand unless another rich benefactor comes along, we current have to continue to take the least cost option!!
Due to the way the club has run under EW's stewardship I guess that whilst EW is still in charge "least cost options" will be favoured at ASFC even IF there was rich benefactor to get involved!!
southernred is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 03-12-2008, 11:45   #92
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by southernred View Post

When will people understand unless another rich benefactor comes along, we current have to continue to take the least cost option!!
Due to the way the club has run under EW's stewardship I guess that whilst EW is still in charge "least cost options" will be favoured at ASFC even IF there was rich benefactor to get involved!!
I think that everybody does understand that Mark, and we all also understand that cutting corners, I mean costs, although essential most of the time, is partially why we are in the predicament we are in!

Jeff, please re-read the various PM's you have had rather than stalking the threads.
Old 03-12-2008, 12:23   #93
Senior Member+

the thing is though blue seats will look odd as usualy the seats match the colour of the home kit e.g united have red and white seats due to thier home kit being red and white1 rovers have blue and white seats due to thier home kit being blue and white, so haveing red seats in the clayton end and blue seats in the cow shed end will look odd and make us even look more tin-pot so surely spending abit more on the seats will save us from that embarrassment

The Harder The Conflict, The More Glorious The Triumph

MCR ADIM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2008, 12:51   #94
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MCR ADIM View Post
surely spending abit more on the seats will save us from that embarrassment
I think the point is that we don't spend un-necessarily and a bit of embarrasment or tinpotedness here and there costs us nowt but neither would it make us owt should we avoid it.

Therefore I offer up a couple of spare dining room chairs that can be used - they're in a fetching shade of yellow
Old 03-12-2008, 13:09   #95
K-P

Quote:
Originally Posted by maccawozzagod View Post
I
Therefore I offer up a couple of spare dining room chairs that can be used - they're in a fetching shade of yellow
hey you might have summat there rob... why dont the club have a "bring a chair day" .....hehe
Old 03-12-2008, 13:09   #96
Resting In Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by maccawozzagod View Post
Jeff, please re-read the various PM's you have had rather than stalking the threads.
The various PM's you have sent me just pass the responsibility on to somebody else. You collected the memorabilia from my house, you are responsible for it, you have even taken scans of it and now you cannot return it to me. YOUR RESPONSIBILITY. I am not stalking the threads, I just think that you should maybe spend some time looking for my IRREPLACEABLE MEMORABILIA that you are responsible for instead of posting on here.
JEFF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2008, 13:09   #97
Senior Member+

Many of the seats in our existing stand were blue at one time, as they came from the Nuttall St stand at Ewood Park. Maybe it's part of following tradition?
Old 03-12-2008, 13:14   #98
Resting In Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by MCR ADIM View Post
the thing is though blue seats will look odd as usualy the seats match the colour of the home kit e.g united have red and white seats due to thier home kit being red and white1 rovers have blue and white seats due to thier home kit being blue and white, so haveing red seats in the clayton end and blue seats in the cow shed end will look odd and make us even look more tin-pot so surely spending abit more on the seats will save us from that embarrassment
Barnet used to have green seats and they play in black and amber. We haven't got "abit more" to spend, we run on a shoestring budget.
JEFF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2008, 13:24   #99
K-P

blue turnstiles came from.. was it leicster ? go on i know i aint spelt it right..
Old 03-12-2008, 13:29   #100
Senior Member+

If we are pursuing the lower cost option of making the best of what we have it would be not make sense to me to waste money on new seats if and to the extent that good and serviceable second hand ones are available whatever the colour.

6th March 1962 - They turned off the gas but nothing could extinguish the flame!
Haggis316 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2008, 13:54   #101
Senior Member+

instead of haveing seats in place the club should just say if you want to sit down bring your own chair, would save club money, but dont think the football league would agree to the idea but would look better than haveing empty seats covered by flags

The Harder The Conflict, The More Glorious The Triumph

MCR ADIM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2008, 14:46   #102
Senior Member+

I think we can all come to a compromise that we have the new stand built but have the second hand seats I think thats fair...

How about a two tier main stand ..

Or Just put the seats in both of the corners of the clayton end + main stnad and because obviously we wouldnt be able to walk round from the turnstiles to the terrace because of the seats , we can make some concrete stairs like you have at stadiums were we can walk up onto the terrace from the back (burger van + turnstiles).

There crap idea but arnt the clubs aswell

fc:stanley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2008, 16:24   #103
Senior Member+

Burtons ground is not too far of a picture from what ours could look like in years to come! Blue Square Premier Football Ground Guide - Pirelli Stadium, Burton Albion FC

Old 03-12-2008, 16:33   #104
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by fc:stanley View Post
Burtons ground is not too far of a picture from what ours could look like in years to come!

hahaha that was a purpose built multimillion stadium with help from their local council if i remember right? thankfully we will never see that kind of breeze block hell hole at the FES any time soon
Old 03-12-2008, 16:36   #105
Senior Member+

I like there main stand tbh its exactly what we could have instead of the cow shed. All to their own view

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..