Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree53Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-02-2015, 16:00   #46
Resting in Peace

Re: Plymouth Argyle (A) Match Thread

One shot on target in 90 minutes. Sheeeesh!
Redraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 07-02-2015, 16:01   #47

Another first then. First time Plymouth have beaten us at home park apparently.
deeayess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2015, 16:04   #48
God Member

Not really looking forward to Tuesday's game - if we don't turn this round pdq we're gonna be in real trouble - not a happy bunny tonight
AccyMad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2015, 16:05   #49
God Member

5 defeats on the bounce heading only one way, time for JC to go?
andyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2015, 16:11   #50
Senior Member+

5 points off relegation and 12 points off the play offs he certainly isn't the chuffin' messiah and we are in a relegation scrap and have to turn this round pretty much immediately. My concern is Coleman is possibly a dinosaur and whilst his tactics/managerial style may have worked previously they now appear to be out-moded and I don't think the players are playing for him.....worried!
cashman, Kiwi John and yonmon like this.
Old 07-02-2015, 16:19   #51

Luckily most of the results at the bottom seemed to go our way but we need to improve and quick.

As I've said to Dav0 in the past, opinions of people who weren't at the game can be of limited value so I will wait to hear from those at the game before being too critical. That said the commentary on Radio Devon, which may be biased, didn't sound good from our point of view.
Old 07-02-2015, 16:50   #52
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by nige b View Post
5 points off relegation and 12 points off the play offs he certainly isn't the chuffin' messiah and we are in a relegation scrap and have to turn this round pretty much immediately. My concern is Coleman is possibly a dinosaur and whilst his tactics/managerial style may have worked previously they now appear to be out-moded and I don't think the players are playing for him.....worried!

And I'm looking forward to any excuses disguised as pearls of wisdom which he'll see fit to mumble forth tonight !!
yerself likes this.
yonmon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2015, 16:58   #53

Quote:
Originally Posted by yonmon View Post
And I'm looking forward to any excuses disguised as pearls of wisdom which he'll see fit to mumble forth tonight !!
It could be along the lines of - a defensive error by conneelly cost us the game, too many changes forced by the poor performance last week, new players need time to get used to the style of play, we need another centreback, unlucky as we had our chances but didn't take them, its a hard place to come to and win, we are looking at new players in the loan window or Dav0's favorite - it was Beatties players to blame.

those are my entries for the excuses bingo
Old 07-02-2015, 17:02   #54

Or the website could be down and we don't get anything or is that just me?
Old 07-02-2015, 17:04   #55
God Member

We need a goalscorer in the window probaly get another midfielder.
Old 07-02-2015, 17:09   #56
God Member

Can,t get on website happen shut up run out of excuses.
Old 07-02-2015, 17:15   #57
Senior Member+

I think 65% possession and one shot on target tells its own story.
We dominated the ball but in wrong areas and never looked like scoring. They were no better than us and only looked dangerous at corners and breakaways when we attempted to force the game
To be fair they only had two shots on target, the rest were from distance.
Just don't know we're the goals are going to come from,with people just passing on the responsibility.
A lot better than last week and a horror mistake has cost us again.
Positives,keeper,gornell battled and we controlled Reid and Alexandra's threat for large periods.
Before we get too down hearted, four of their team are on £5k a week and five on £4k ,just shows what we are up against,it's going to tough KTF
football19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2015, 17:28   #58
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by deeayess View Post
Or the website could be down and we don't get anything or is that just me?
You are SO cynical !!
Old 07-02-2015, 17:47   #59
Full Member+

Like others, I await the "messiahs" take on what was....by the sounds of it....yet another tame surrender.

I personally think that morale must be at rock bottom, team spirit virtually non-existent and confidence in the manager and his management team in very,very short supply.

Every year one side makes the slide from grace into the relegation places. With every passing game, like others, I fear the writing is on the wall. Looking at the upcoming fixtures and indeed what remains of the season, I'm wondering where we're going to get the other 18-20 points which will be required for safety from.

I've said it before and will say it again.....Coleman worked wonders for this club in the past and for that we are all eternally grateful. However, I think it was a big mistake bringing him back.

Like captain Ahab in pursuit of the great white whale, Coleman is blinkered tactically and still apparently can't see the blatantly obvious lack of attacking options.

Despite bringing in Gornell, the keeper and the winger, I don't think we're any stronger. If the players have lost confidence in the manager and won't play for him ( and his assistant) there will only be one end result.

To quote words from one of another contributor's previous posts ..... "sleepwalking towards relegation " springs to mind.

Winston Leonard Spencer Churchill.
carpon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2015, 17:56   #60
Senior Member+

Is the fact that the Official Site is unavailable somewhat ominous one wonders ??..Having this vital need to view the latest news and view it's great features ,I attempted to get myself over there,and all to no avail !.
Is there nothing to be said ?.....Is there an abdication speech being prepared ?.....Has everyone gone home and switched the damn thing off ?....
My suspicious nature is working overtime !.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..