Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree53Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-02-2015, 21:23   #76
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Re: Plymouth Argyle (A) Match Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tin Monkey View Post
If the BBC stats are to be believed, we've had 65% of possession.
The stats are correct, but stats mean sod all if not in a threatening position, Check how many shots Plymouth had n then look at ours, those stats tell a better story. overall a much better performance than any of the previous 4 imho, but once again we trys to walk the ball into the net, instead of shooting on sight. The fact is we need to score 2 goals to even have a chance of winning, when again we give our usual Gift. Three lads that really deserve credit today our new keeper, Joss Windass, n Terry Gornell, the others apart from 3 had good games, only Lids of our subs deserves any credit to me, Mcguire n Kal did very little. overall disappointed wi the result, pleased wi the improvement, Were gonna have to seriously get shut of these errors, is it bad players or bad coaching? i'll let you decide that. Oxford on tues is now a Massive match, get yer arses in gear n get behind the lads Tuesday.
DAV007 likes this.
Old 07-02-2015, 21:44   #77
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by football19 View Post
When things go from bad to worse,stayed down in Plymouth for a northern soul event and they cancelled it a the last minute,gutted isn't the word
Should've come back. There was a Northern Soul do in Accy Town Hall tonight!
cashman likes this.
Old 07-02-2015, 22:10   #78
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAV007 View Post
im waiting for chubbyman and cashmans comments before i make a full judgement
No comment...except to tell you smobile asked me if I knew you and was looking all over the ground for a Tranny of Jamacian extraction,he seemed quite excited!!!
DAV007 and smobile like this.
Chubbyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2015, 22:41   #79
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
The stats are correct, but stats mean sod all if not in a threatening position, Check how many shots Plymouth had n then look look at ours
BBC report that Plymouth had only one more shot on target than Accy today.

Tough time in a tough away game is how I saw it from afar.

Conceding one rather than five is a rapid improvement

In keeping with the motif of some earlier posts, whack on some Edwin Starr and for goosness sake, keep the faith.
SamF likes this.
shakermaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2015, 22:45   #80
Full Member+

Disappointed to see Buxton dropped he is a good player and we will miss him.
Chrisr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2015, 23:04   #81
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

We looked at the sky stats, The beeb must be pished, if they reckon Plymouth only had one more shot than us. I said it was a much better performance, And it wasn't that tough first hand, they just were FAR more threatening than us.
Old 07-02-2015, 23:53   #82

I haven't seen the stats but I listened to the game on the radio and if the stats show that was a close game then its a pile of "fish" (see my previous posts for rhymes with).

I can't state categorically that the team are not playing 100% for the manager today as I wasn't there but I was at the last 4 games and something isn't right. We can ask for proof of disharmony in the dressing room but after watching the last 4 games I'd say that is a moot point.

We can argue shots on goal all we want but the commentry I heard sounded like they were far more threatening than we were and if everybody on both sides took their chances we were well horsed.

We cannot and will not get rid of Coley this late in the season so we need to pull a rabbit out of a hat or hope the teams below us are worse than we are but I am not confident just now.

I still think we will stay up but it could be a long run in and blind faith is no longer an option.
deeayess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2015, 07:24   #83
Senior Member+

Be careful what you wish for !!,my other team,wigan,got rid of Owen coyle because of the supporters pressure ( ex Bolton) despite being 5th in the league and one game from progressing in the Europa cup.
They are now nailed on to be relegated to the first division after trying another three managers.
Change is not a guarantee for success and the players must step up and face the battles ahead
SamF and DAV007 like this.
football19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2015, 09:33   #84

Quote:
Be careful what you wish for !!,my other team,wigan,got rid of Owen coyle because of the supporters pressure ( ex Bolton) despite being 5th in the league and one game from progressing in the Europa cup.
They are now nailed on to be relegated to the first division after trying another three managers.
Change is not a guarantee for success and the players must step up and face the battles ahead
But we aren't 5th in the league and the cups are long gone, we are heading towards the wrong end of the table and playing relatively poorly.

I don't advocate changing the manager as it is a far bigger risk but something has to be done to stop the rot and quickly.
AccyMad likes this.
Old 08-02-2015, 09:59   #85
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by deeayess View Post
But we aren't 5th in the league and the cups are long gone, we are heading towards the wrong end of the table and playing relatively poorly.

I don't advocate changing the manager as it is a far bigger risk but something has to be done to stop the rot and quickly.
As you say we are at the wrong end of the table....and The Football League !...we are playing poorly !....we are not scoring goals !....we can't change the one who purports to Manage the team !...we are, or so it has been said, penniless!, and like you point out, something has to be done quickly !...BUT , and nota bene, unless we,as some of our fellow contributors appear to be ?, just happen to be totally au fait with all that is taking place in the Boardroom, in the Dressing Room, on the pitch, in those secret meetings behind the closed doors of cubby-holes beneath the Main Stand !, or whatever ?. Then I maintain that we can post as much supposition and guesswork as we can all muster on this message-board, and still the 'something will have to be done ' will not be ours to determine or decide upon!.

In the light of this, have you, like me, got the foggiest idea of how to cure the malaise which affects our Club and is costing it so dearly ?.......NO ?..... I thought not !!.

I continue to worry, and dare not miss my medication !.

Last edited by yonmon; 08-02-2015 at 10:01.
yonmon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2015, 10:14   #86

Quote:
Originally Posted by yonmon View Post
As you say we are at the wrong end of the table....and The Football League !...we are playing poorly !....we are not scoring goals !....we can't change the one who purports to Manage the team !...we are, or so it has been said, penniless!, and like you point out, something has to be done quickly !...BUT , and nota bene, unless we,as some of our fellow contributors appear to be ?, just happen to be totally au fait with all that is taking place in the Boardroom, in the Dressing Room, on the pitch, in those secret meetings behind the closed doors of cubby-holes beneath the Main Stand !, or whatever ?. Then I maintain that we can post as much supposition and guesswork as we can all muster on this message-board, and still the 'something will have to be done ' will not be ours to determine or decide upon!.

In the light of this, have you, like me, got the foggiest idea of how to cure the malaise which affects our Club and is costing it so dearly ?.......NO ?..... I thought not !!.

I continue to worry, and dare not miss my medication !.
You are right, I don't have the foggiest, like your good self. If only I had then all would be well. I haven't checked my lottery ticket yet though so perhaps I may yet have an answer .

edit - I have now and it's still down to Coley to pull a rabbit out of the had as, like Accy in the last five games, I got nowt
Old 08-02-2015, 10:25   #87
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

I aint the foggiest either, but i would have thought, giving what few strikers we had a run out, wouldn't have done any more damage? if they dont come up to scratch, fair enough, but at least it woulda been tried.
Old 08-02-2015, 10:38   #88
Senior Member+

I think like most seasons we will have to battle relegation again and unless we can loan a decent striker or find a rich investor we will have to rely on Coley getting the best out of the players we've got, the fans only option is to give the team our support
accybeme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2015, 11:00   #89
Senior Member+

I know redraine won't like this but we have to start with clean sheets, no nonsense defending and stop gifting goals
cashman likes this.
football19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2015, 11:43   #90
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
I know redraine won't like this but we have to start with clean sheets, no nonsense defending and stop gifting goals
That is spot on, but whats the reason we keep gifting every match recently?

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..