Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree53Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-02-2015, 11:52   #91
God Member

Re: Plymouth Argyle (A) Match Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
That is spot on, but whats the reason we keep gifting every match recently?
The goal conceded yesterday was caused by an individual error (Conneely). Aside from that, Reuben Reid - one of the most talented forwards in the league - was kept out for the entire game and the keeper played well. For me our only consistent problem is defending from the front which has been weak. We need players who can press and counter well - ie 4 Piero Mingoias!
shakermaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 08-02-2015, 12:06   #92
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by football19 View Post
I know redraine won't like this but we have to start with clean sheets, no nonsense defending and stop gifting goals
So after the combined genius of Deeayess, Cashy and I have arrived at "we haven't the foggiest !"...Has F19 has found at least one nail to hit on the head ?....( although Redraine apparently won't !like it !).
It's the nails being tapped surreptitiously, but with regularity into the lid of the coffin within which the Reds could possibly be buried in the depths of Conference Football that is worrying me !.
Gosh !....what a terrible analogy that is, what am I thinking about !.
Brightening up, I presume that the silky skills of our ex- Real Madrid starlet are waiting to be put on show against Oxford United on Tuesday evening. These being unleashed on unsuspecting southerners should bring us the three points we crave so badly.....Oh, and not forgetting the clean sheet which F19 is fervently hoping for !

See you there !.
yonmon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2015, 12:26   #93
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Our consistent problem for me shaker, is the fact we play most of our football in areas that will never do any damage, then instead of shooting on sight, we try to walk the ball in the net.
Leylandii and Chrisr like this.
Old 08-02-2015, 14:02   #94
Resting in Peace

Quote:
we have to start with clean sheets, no nonsense defending and stop gifting goals
Hang on, Footy! How could anyone, least of all me, not like those habits?
football19 likes this.
Redraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2015, 14:20   #95
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by deeayess View Post
I can't state categorically that the team are not playing 100% for the manager today as I wasn't there but I was at the last 4 games and something isn't right. We can ask for proof of disharmony in the dressing room but after watching the last 4 games I'd say that is a moot point.
I find the situation of players not playing for the manager a bit bemusing. I've had some crap bosses in my time, (probably have the worst one ever now ), but you get paid to do a job and should do it to the best of your ability.
Redash likes this.
Old 08-02-2015, 14:44   #96
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lancsdave View Post
I find the situation of players not playing for the manager a bit bemusing. I've had some crap bosses in my time, (probably have the worst one ever now ), but you get paid to do a job and should do it to the best of your ability.
No-one would doubt that, But life aint like that,as you well know Dave.
Old 08-02-2015, 15:07   #97

Quote:
Originally Posted by lancsdave View Post
Should is the operative word. Unfortunately things in football world differ considerably from things in real world.
cashman likes this.
deeayess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2015, 16:10   #98
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAV007 View Post
,we where (sic) in the game for long periods but lacked a clincial touch.....It sounds positive to me.
The solution to Stanley's predicament is clear.
Get Davo's nurse to dispense some of the happy pills he's on to the board, management, squad, and fans
baldy likes this.
Exile on Spencer St is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2015, 16:19   #99
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redraine View Post
Hang on, Footy! How could anyone, least of all me, not like those habits?
Only joking Redraine,you know I am obsessed with organised defending and clean sheets. !!!,but shaker makes a great point.
In the second half ( Piero had gone off),we turned over possession and Naismith,windass and McGuire were spread across the pitch and had no chance of getting back.
I know we are craving for goals,but we have to be organised at all times or we get picked off.
football19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2015, 17:02   #100
Senior Member+

Quote:
Naismith,windass and McGuire were spread across the pitch and had no chance of getting back.
I'm not sure I understand this. Please explain. Why did they have "no chance of getting back"?

Quote:
we have to be organised at all times or we get picked off.
Why are we not organised at all times? Is it a failure of management? Or training? Or coaching? Do the players not know what the have to do? Are they simply not good enough?
Revived Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2015, 17:20   #101
Senior Member+

Revived,it's certainly not what they are being asked to do,it can be a number of reasons for being out of position,"knackered" is favourite,followed by inexperience and finally just taking a chance and being caught in the wrong areas.
Gornell lead the line and when you play three behind,the wide men are known as inverted wingers,ie at least one always tucks in.
Piero does it well,but you can't really blame windass as he gave his all,it's just experience,or Naismith who's an out and out winger.
You can do shape all week but adrenaline takes over during a game,which sometimes effects your decision making.
It happened in the second half when dean left Reid in and stepped up ( didn't look if any of our lads had stayed in),poor choice and could have cost us.
So it's little things like that are plaguing us and coley must be going off his head
football19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2015, 17:34   #102
God Member

Back up and running...

Video: Coley on Plymouth defeat - Accrington Stanley FC

18 Years in the Football League

https://onstanleyon.com/sean-mcconville-testimonial/
VALAIRIAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2015, 17:37   #103
Full Member+

We can't have become such a bad team overnight for no reason. I don't feel the passion from some of our players any more. The only thing I hear from coley is HOLD. we need to root out the problem and deal with it quick. We are heading the wrong way fast.
Chrisr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2015, 17:42   #104

Dear me there are some negative buggers on here.

We aren't in the drop zone yet and every year of survival is an achievement ... We are Accrington Stanley for ****s sake we aren't going to find the football league easy.
MikeA and football19 like this.
SamF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2015, 18:16   #105
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by VALAIRIAN View Post
Not for me, or is it just me?
Exile on Spencer St is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..