Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree53Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-02-2015, 19:24   #106
God Member

Re: Plymouth Argyle (A) Match Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exile on Spencer St View Post
Not for me, or is it just me?
Not just you. Been intermittent.
Old 08-02-2015, 19:36   #107
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lancsdave View Post
Not just you. Been intermittent.
Correct. Must be the millions of global fans trying to get the web site.
Exile on Spencer St is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2015, 19:40   #108

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamF View Post
Dear me there are some negative buggers on here.

We aren't in the drop zone yet and every year of survival is an achievement ... We are Accrington Stanley for ****s sake we aren't going to find the football league easy.
I'm sure there was a conversation on the Titanic along the lines of don't worry it's only a few lumps of ice .

Seriously though we aren't in the drop zone YET, but if we end up there near the end of the season do you think we have what it takes to come back?

If the unthinkable were to happen will we just shrug our shoulders and say " well we are only Accrington Stanley". Sod that, let's get some fight back in the team, let's show some heart and let's put an end to this losing streak before we are in the drop zone.

Everybody at the club needs to look in the mirror and ask themselves am I doing the best I can? That inclusdes the Coaching Staff, the players, the officials and us, the fans. Get the passion back, show some fight and we can get away from this but the cuurent malaise at the club will take us down and if that's the case I fear we won't come back. The Conferance now has as much money going about as some league clubs and we have none of it.

The head in the sand brigade are as bad as the doom mongers so let's all have a reality check and turn it around because we have as much right to be where we are as anyone else even if we are only Accrington Stanley.
AccyMad, baldy, mab and 2 others like this.
deeayess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2015, 19:40   #109
God Member

Quote:
Well they can try again now, another 10p in the meter. Costing a fortune today
Old 08-02-2015, 19:42   #110
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by deeayess View Post
The Conferance now has as much money going about as some league clubs and we have none of it.
I think you can look further down than that. I heard this week one of the Barrow forwards is on £1300 a week.
Old 08-02-2015, 19:45   #111

Quote:
I think you can look further down than that. I heard this week one of the Barrow forwards is on £1300 a week.
I'd rather not, it's depressing enough as it is
lancsdave likes this.
deeayess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2015, 20:13   #112
Senior Member+

Quote:
Must be to listen to the Gospel According To John !!!
Chubbyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2015, 21:33   #113
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by shakermaker View Post
For me our only consistent problem is defending from the front which has been weak. We need players who can press and counter well - ie 4 Piero Mingoias!
I agree we need players like Piero, who by the way was having a decent game yesterday, only to be subbed after 1 hour, for a player that did very little. Why on earth would yeh sub him?
Old 08-02-2015, 23:01   #114
Senior Member+

Quote:
I find the situation of players not playing for the manager a bit bemusing. I've had some crap bosses in my time, (probably have the worst one ever now ), but you get paid to do a job and should do it to the best of your ability.
You'd like to not just at Accrington Stanley but any football team, If you wasn't playing for the manager, surely you d play for your own pride?

Not 100% sure who is contracted for next season but only 2 or 3 if i remember rightly, Surely players would want to show that they're good enough to earn a contract, whether that be at The Crown or elsewhere!
lancsdave likes this.
Old 09-02-2015, 00:04   #115
mab
God Member

Budapest Defenders Champion!
Fast Castle Defense Champion!

Treat those how you would like to be treated your self
cashman and DAV007 like this.
Old 10-02-2015, 17:03   #116
Senior Member+

Quote from DEEAYESS
"Everybody at the club needs to look in the mirror and ask themselves am I doing the best I can? That inclusdes the Coaching Staff, the players, the officials and us, the fans. Get the passion back, show some fight and we can get away from this but the cuurent malaise at the club will take us down and if that's the case I fear we won't come back."

I agree with you. The fans cannot have an input into the coaching of the players and how the team is set up. The supporters too can have a look 'In the mirror' and see if they are doing enough. I know that I come off all of our matches 'knackered from; blowing my 'horn', from singing, from shouting encouragement to the team, (and sometimes ribbing a poor referee!) I am NEVER negative towards our players and management and even at the end of the humiliating defeat against The Cobblers I was still there at the end waving my flag and blowing my 'horn'! Call me naive but I am just 100% STANLEY! Coley said just how much the support means to the players and in his post match interview he had some special praise for the true supporters!
Looking in my mirror I just wish that we could show the players at the start of the match, JUST how much we are behind them, by a BIG SHOW OF FLAGS AND BANNERS just like we used to a few seasons ago. And then again FLY THE FLAGS at the commencement of the Second Half and when we put the ball in our opponents net!
For tonight that would mean at least FOUR FLAG SHOWS !!!!
ON STANLEY ON
LET'S SHOW 'EM HOW ITS DONE ULTRAS
choirboy is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..