Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree26Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 27-09-2014, 18:43   #46
Full Member+

Re: Plymouth Argyle (Home) Match Thread

don't give a monkeys about possesion, 1 nil says it all
Wynonie Harris and cashman like this.
Lemur is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 27-09-2014, 18:54   #47
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Good honest summary from the boss on fishy.
Old 27-09-2014, 19:23   #48

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
Good honest summary from the boss on fishy.
Video: Coleman on Plymouth Win - Accrington Stanley FCAccrington Stanley FC

As you say, good summary.

Nice to see that he is so disappointed with the performance despite the win.

Bit of passion
DAV007 likes this.
SamF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-09-2014, 19:25   #49
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Just been reading the Argyle Forum, They want Sheridans head on a plate. Cos they cant beat little accy.
SamF likes this.
Old 27-09-2014, 19:26   #50
Senior Member+

Thought there was passion on the Clayton End today which has been missing for a good while. Thought there was passion on the pitch and yes they played as a team, though the keeper looked a bit rusty/dodgy, although to be fair, was behind all the Plymouth shots on target and made a good save in the first 15 minutes. Think he may be found out by better attacking teams. Lots of pressure from the Plymouth team but woeful finishing. he air around the dugouts was definitely blue from both managers! Refereeing was woeful as well. Missed loads of fouls/handballs by both teams, but if we win with a squeaky 1-0 every week from now till the end of the season, I, for one, will be happy.

Piston broke owd geezer, Stanley supporter and shareholder, Retired and loving it
Addendum, the views I express on here are my own, if you don't like them: TOUGH!
Outback Ozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-09-2014, 19:57   #51
I am Banned

Great game, Naismith yes he scored the goal but rest of the time he was shocking, he gets muscled off the ball way to easy and doesn't fight for the ball enough, last ten minutes he just didn't seem interested in anything, and got to say the ref was very poor some very clear fouls missed yet they got a foul for pretty much anything
st06nc2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-09-2014, 21:07   #52

To be honest I found the ref very lenient but fair... Atkinson and Aldred were tearing the shirt off their target man all game. Hunt was having a field day with sly blocks and tugs.
SamF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-09-2014, 21:10   #53
Senior Member+

I agree , the ref was a joke.
The booking for o'Sullivan was the biggest joke of them all as he won the ball.
The linesman, who had the best view of the incident should have spoken with the ref, instead he went into his shell.
DAV007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-09-2014, 21:12   #54
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by st06nc2 View Post
Great game, Naismith yes he scored the goal but rest of the time he was shocking, he gets muscled off the ball way to easy and doesn't fight for the ball enough, last ten minutes he just didn't seem interested in anything, and got to say the ref was very poor some very clear fouls missed yet they got a foul for pretty much anything
Correct. Could have throttled him when he gave up on the ball when Marcus didn't lay it on a silver platter for him. Alright it was a bad ball but you can't just stand there flapping your perma tanned arms around like a prima donna; go after the ball and make it worthwhile. Aside from a lucky finish the lad was a liability. Needs a real kick up the backside.
shakermaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-09-2014, 10:30   #55
Senior Member+

OK, my two penn'orth. To be honest, I thought Chapman had a good game. He was confident in coming for crosses - and claimed them. And he made the correct decision on all of the many Plymouth corners.

I was surprised at the team selection. No way is Naismith a lone striker. He is too lazy and too selfish. Nor is Windass a left winger. Surely Carver should have started as striker and Mingoia on the left wing. As for the two new lads, I reserve judgement. I understand that they were outstanding at Northampton but they were very ordinary yesterday. O'Sullivan had a couple of good runs but Maguire, apart from a long range speculative shot, did little. To their credit, when they came on Carver and Hatfield did put pressure on the defenders.

But ... it's 3 points that we got and Plymouth didn't.
Redraine likes this.
Revived Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-09-2014, 10:39   #56
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revived Red View Post
OK, my two penn'orth. To be honest, I thought Chapman had a good game. He was confident in coming for crosses - and claimed them. And he made the correct decision on all of the many Plymouth corners.

I was surprised at the team selection. No way is Naismith a lone striker. He is too lazy and too selfish. Nor is Windass a left winger. Surely Carver should have started as striker and Mingoia on the left wing. As for the two new lads, I reserve judgement. I understand that they were outstanding at Northampton but they were very ordinary yesterday. O'Sullivan had a couple of good runs but Maguire, apart from a long range speculative shot, did little. To their credit, when they came on Carver and Hatfield did put pressure on the defenders.

But ... it's 3 points that we got and Plymouth didn't.
To be honest i was amazed Carver wasn't starting. Osullivan i thought not bad, Plymouth keeper made a great save from him near the death, Mcguire did nowt yesterday in my view,Wouldn't bother me over much if Bury came back wi n acceptable offer fer Naismith,in the window. To be honest the last 2 matches Atkinson has been immense in my view.

Last edited by cashman; 28-09-2014 at 10:46.
cashman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-09-2014, 10:51   #57

I wish people would stop this Naismith witch hunt cos that's all it is. It just seems to be the in thing at the moment. Admittedly it was my first game watching him. But I thought his work rate down the left wing was to be applauded and his crossing was bang on the money 9 times out of 10. Ok he was a bit of a diva near the end but as soon as the ball came back near him he fought for it with all his might. The fact he was so peeved shows his passion. I think he's a very talented player but for some reason the general consensus on here is that he is the next McConville.
Mr Matthew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-09-2014, 11:22   #58
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

He is very talented no question n its no witch hunt, The problem is he wastes it by being lazy,or uninterested, call it what yeh will, consistency with talent like that aint much to ask.
DAV007 likes this.
Old 28-09-2014, 13:13   #59
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Matthew View Post
I wish people would stop this Naismith witch hunt cos that's all it is. It just seems to be the in thing at the moment. Admittedly it was my first game watching him. But I thought his work rate down the left wing was to be applauded and his crossing was bang on the money 9 times out of 10. Ok he was a bit of a diva near the end but as soon as the ball came back near him he fought for it with all his might. The fact he was so peeved shows his passion. I think he's a very talented player but for some reason the general consensus on here is that he is the next McConville.
Nope, not a witch hunt at all. We all call it as we see it - and opinions often vary. I don't agree with what has already been written about Chapman yesterday, I don't agree with the criticism of Luke Joyce, nor did I agree with much of what was written about Dunbavin. The general consensus on here is not that Naismith is the next McConville but that he is a talented player (certainly not very talented) who is not as talented as he thinks he is, fails to realise when to pass the ball, and is inconsistent. And I would add that the general consensus of fans near me yesterday was that he just did not fancy the physical side of the game at all.
Revived Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-09-2014, 14:47   #60
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AccyMad View Post
There's always plenty of noise in our section of the main stand - if you don't believe me try sitting next to me mother for a game or two
Quote:
Originally Posted by shakermaker View Post
Correct. Could have throttled him when he gave up on the ball when Marcus didn't lay it on a silver platter for him. Alright it was a bad ball but you can't just stand there flapping your perma tanned arms around like a prima donna; go after the ball and make it worthwhile. Aside from a lucky finish the lad was a liability. Needs a real kick up the backside.
Thought Mother was quiet compared to your son. Was ready to rugby tackle him to stop him jumping over the wall
shakermaker likes this.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..