Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree26Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 28-09-2014, 21:26   #61
God Member

Re: Plymouth Argyle (Home) Match Thread

Naismith is a lazy ****** but then most out and out wingers tend to be touchline huggers who don't fancy the rough stuff. Playing him as a lone striker would be the very same gamble that saw Gary Roberts propelled from a decent winger to someone who could score lots of goals and earn a move away for good money
Old 28-09-2014, 21:36   #62

As I've said before, if Naismith didnt have an attitude problem he wouldn't be playing here, I thought he was still our best player yesterday.

It also shows how short we are up front while Gray is banned that JC would rather play a winger than any of other 3 available forwards. While I'm on that subject I don't really care where our players come from, I'm not into the 'he's one of our own' bandwagon, and IMO Carver is not good enough, we need a forward who can give us a bit more than running about bumping into people to be successful.
FrankMoody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-09-2014, 21:43   #63
Full Member+

Gary Roberts was never a lone striker. Coley played him as a no.10 just off Paul Mullin before he moved on to Ipswich Town.

Naismith would need a similar player to play off if he is to successful as a striker.
Whalley Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-09-2014, 22:28   #64

Smile Re: Plymouth Argyle (Home) Match Thread

Love him or not KN got us three points on Saturday. Yes stops playing when fouled, would be better if he played to the whistle. Also defends set pieces very well as he can read he delivery. Made several important defensive clearances from corners and free kicks into the box on Saturday, headers and kicked clearances. Watch him all game not just when we are attacking. Nicky's goal line clearance late on also saved the three points on Ssturday.
Outback Ozzy and Redash like this.
Crown Grounder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-09-2014, 07:07   #65
Senior Member+

Highlights? The goal and nowt else at 4:50:
League Two Round-Up – 28th September | Video | Watch TV Show | Sky Sports

A bit more here, at 1:11:21:
BBC iPlayer - The Football League Show - 2014/2015: 28/09/2014
MikeA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-09-2014, 11:55   #66
God Member

Thanks, MikeA.
Goal looked a good 'un, to me. The way Professor Coleman spoke after the match I was expecting something scrappy.
By the way, glad to see Mangan finally getting his just desserts after barging into another goalie. Makes the sending off at Shrewsbury even more laughable.
Exile on Spencer St is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-09-2014, 09:04   #67
Senior Member+

Sad to hear the young lad Purrington who got carried off on Saturday has broken a number of bones in his wrist. Hope he recovers quickly and maybe even carry on playing in a lightweight cast! Get well soon lad.

Piston broke owd geezer, Stanley supporter and shareholder, Retired and loving it
Addendum, the views I express on here are my own, if you don't like them: TOUGH!
Outback Ozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-09-2014, 13:45   #68
Senior Member+

Highlights on YouTube:
MikeA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-09-2014, 16:31   #69
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeA View Post
Highlights on YouTube:
Thanks ever so much Mike !......BBC wouldn't open here in Turkey !....my withdrawal symptoms really were worsening by the minute !......so thanks again !!.
yonmon is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..