Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree47Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-04-2017, 19:32   #91
Senior Member+

Re: Plymouth match thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
It was easy enough to understand i thought.
So did I mate but Lord Live Stanley thinks I've a grudge. Mr Adams would get it.
Twenty Eight is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 01-04-2017, 19:45   #92
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by st06nc2 View Post
One thing I do have to criticise is how easy our players are going down, we're starting to get a bad name, since when did the accy way include diving and falling over at the slightest touch
Agree that it's not pleasant to watch but maybe what's changed is Stanley are scoring first and having to defend leads. Today it was for 82 minutes + stoppages. Guess there's less rolling around when you're behind and trying to get back into a game.
Looking at the video of McCartan's burst of pace (fantastic!), it looked like he was fouled in the box after the keeper made his save, but the ref saw it as a dive. In that case it looked like the ref was the one who 'took a dive' in front of the home fans.
Exile on Spencer St is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2017, 20:02   #93
Senior Member+

The phrase do unto others comes to mind. Sometimes you've just got to put morals to one side.
monkey hanger likes this.
Old 01-04-2017, 20:15   #94
I am Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exile on Spencer St View Post
Agree that it's not pleasant to watch but maybe what's changed is Stanley are scoring first and having to defend leads. Today it was for 82 minutes + stoppages. Guess there's less rolling around when you're behind and trying to get back into a game.
Looking at the video of McCartan's burst of pace (fantastic!), it looked like he was fouled in the box after the keeper made his save, but the ref saw it as a dive. In that case it looked like the ref was the one who 'took a dive' in front of the home fans.
We shouldn't be diving about after scoring 1 goal we should be pressing on for another give us a bigger cushion
cashman likes this.
st06nc2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2017, 20:43   #95
Senior Member+

A great win.I would name Rodak as man of the match. He made three superlative saves. Although we were at the opposite end, it did seem that McCartan was fouled. Billy Kee certainly was fouled in the second half but one cannot expect the notorious Mr Deadman to get more than 10% of decisions correct. The assistant referee nearest to us Accy fans was equally inept.

McCartan did miss two great chances when 1-on-1 with the keeper. He should be putting those away.

Last edited by Revived Red; 01-04-2017 at 20:47.
Revived Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2017, 21:43   #96
Senior Member+

DAV007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2017, 21:45   #97
Senior Member+

goal and highlight

DAV007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2017, 08:15   #98

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twenty Eight View Post
So did I mate but Lord Live Stanley thinks I've a grudge. Mr Adams would get it.
I get it Twenty and agree it's great to score against someone who rejected you.... however I think it worked out for the best for Clarke as you couldn't mention him and Jake Jervis in the same breath
Lord Love Rocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2017, 08:54   #99
Senior Member+

You could yesterday. You mean the Jervis substituted after 57 minutes ........... leave it now mate it's getting boring
Old 02-04-2017, 08:57   #100

Quote:
You could yesterday. You mean the Jervis substituted after 57 minutes ........... leave it now mate it's getting boring
I'm not having a go I'm as pleased as anyone (apart from you) that he got the winner there
Lord Love Rocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2017, 09:05   #101
Senior Member+

Quote:
Agree with you 28 !..this ongoing dialogue is really not what the Forum is all about..an interchange of pm's would be a better idea !.

Oh incidentally...returning to the thread !.

WELL DONE TO THE PLAYERS, MANAGER , AND THE FAITHFUL 52 !.
Lord Love Rocket likes this.
yonmon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2017, 11:35   #102
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Love Rocket View Post
I'm not having a go I'm as pleased as anyone (apart from you) that he got the winner there
What you talking about ? Why wouldn't I be pleased ?
Old 02-04-2017, 12:37   #103
Senior Member+

[QUOTE=Twenty Eight;1191482]What you talking about ? Why wouldn't I be pleased ?[/QUOTE

28 and Lord Love Rocket, we are all pleased with what ALL of the Reds are achieving on our behalf. This to and frow-ing regarding one particular player is getting so tiresome and is not at all interesting or productive.

To return to the thread ...I thought JC's post match interview was possibly one of his best !.

KTF.
Old 02-04-2017, 12:42   #104
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Good speil from Clark also.
Old 02-04-2017, 12:51   #105
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
Good speil from Clark also.
I think he's the bee's knees !
cashman likes this.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..