Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree25Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 20-07-2017, 07:53   #31

Re: Pne

Quote:
Originally Posted by mab View Post
Attendance's 1663......1032.....989 respectfuly
Why do people on here get so bl***y defensive about attendances!!!!!
All I said was I was disappointed at what seemed to be the lowest attendance so far against a near neighbour, when I thought it would be the highest.
It would seem my feelings were justified, as Mab has confirmed it to be a FACT!
The Coppice end was empty against Everton, so you can't blame it all on the away fans.
Lord Stiffupperlip is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 20-07-2017, 08:21   #32
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
overall i thought Preston played the best of the 3 weve played? also thought we did, People should remember these bigger/better off clubs than us, certainly aren't playing a few trialists, they have bigger more settled squads, reckon moaning minnie J.C. should take that on board.
loosing by the odd goal against a side two divisions higher than us in a friendly game with as cashy says a bigger and better off club is for me not a bad result. like to see another who can play upfront joining us before the season starts.
monkey hanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-07-2017, 08:23   #33
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkey hanger View Post
loosing by the odd goal against a side two divisions higher than us in a friendly game with as cashy says a bigger and better off club is for me not a bad result. like to see another who can play upfront joining us before the season starts.
I would, but to be honest playing 1 up front, particularly at home,dont really do us any favours imho. and that seems to be the norm. Think the friendly gates are far better (double even) than the gates we normally get against non-league clubs?
monkey hanger likes this.
Old 20-07-2017, 09:10   #34
God Member

[QUOTE=cashman;1197725]I would, but to be honest playing 1 up front, particularly at home,dont really do us any favours imho.

don,t like it either. at times we looked like the away side even at home. how many times did a free kick get us out of jail i wonder.
Old 20-07-2017, 11:31   #35

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
I would, but to be honest playing 1 up front, particularly at home,dont really do us any favours imho. and that seems to be the norm.
Think you've hit the nail on the head there Cashy!
Everyone keeps going on about how we need a new goalkeeper & criticising Chapman, but to be fair to the lad, I think he's played OK in the last 3 friendlies.
Yes, his Achilles heel are low shots, mainly due to his enormous size.
But last night, for every low shot he struggled with, he made twice as many superb high saves to prevent what looked certain goals.
Our big problem for the past few seasons has been lack of goals.
From what I've seen so far, I think that problem will continue.
cashman likes this.
Old 20-07-2017, 21:27   #36
mab
God Member

Budapest Defenders Champion!
Fast Castle Defense Champion!

I noticed no Seamus Conneely on the team sheet last night ,wonder if he's picked up a knock or is JC just resting him
Old 20-07-2017, 22:18   #37

Quote:
Originally Posted by mab View Post
I noticed no Seamus Conneely on the team sheet last night ,wonder if he's picked up a knock or is JC just resting him
Mab, not only Seamus missing from our starting 11.
Where was 'Big Ben' Richards-Everton?
Agree with you that Sykes, Ogle, Nolan & the Don all played well.
However, I still feel Mr Coleman made too many changes from the team we put out against the Everton XI.
When you consider we started without Pearson, Beckles, Richards-Everton, Clark, Conneely & McConville (?), it's not surprising Everton made it look easy in the first half.
Old 20-07-2017, 22:30   #38
mab
God Member

Budapest Defenders Champion!
Fast Castle Defense Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Stiffupperlip View Post
However, I still feel Mr Coleman made too many changes from the team we put out against the Everton XI.
When you consider we started without Pearson, Beckles, Richards-Everton, Clark, Conneely & McConville (?), it's not surprising Everton made it look easy in the first half.
BR-E was on the bench as was McConville, Rommy, Beckel's, Mohammed, no Seamus thou!We seem to have the making of a vgood team with a bit of depth

Last edited by mab; 20-07-2017 at 22:33.
mab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-07-2017, 08:18   #39
God Member

[QUOTE=Lord Stiffupperlip;
Our big problem for the past few seasons has been lack of goals.
From what I've seen so far, I think that problem will continue.[/QUOTE]

haven,t seen any friendly games but looking at the players available at the moment it looks like we,ll be hard to beat but equally going to be hard to win especially at home where the opposition will quickly get players behind the ball and get away with murder giving our players a rough time with minimal protection. lets hope coley has got an ace up his sleve but the clock is ticking now.
Old 21-07-2017, 08:40   #40
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Stiffupperlip View Post
Everton made it look easy ? Think you mean PNE ?
Coley has to experiment pre season.
Think he knows his starting 11 but he's already said he's going to be running with a smaller squad so with injuries and suspensions everybody's got to be ready.
Twenty Eight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-07-2017, 09:38   #41
God Member

Coley has to experiment pre season.
Think he knows his starting 11 but he's already said he's going to be running with a smaller squad so with injuries and suspensions everybody's got to be ready.[/QUOTE]

thought we,d too many last season. some never got a look in maybe due to this. better with a smaller squad for me.
Old 21-07-2017, 10:27   #42
Senior Member+

Agreed Monkey - but fitness and discipline now ultra important. Hughesy needs to reign it in - as does Matty.
Twenty Eight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-07-2017, 13:26   #43

"When you consider we started without Pearson, Beckles, Richards-Everton, Clark, Conneely & McConville (?), it's not surprising Everton made it look easy in the first half."

I Thought I saw them all start in the Everton game !!!
Old 21-07-2017, 14:43   #44

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twenty Eight View Post
Everton made it look easy ? Think you mean PNE ?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy Casper View Post
"When you consider we started without Pearson, Beckles, Richards-Everton, Clark, Conneely & McConville (?), it's not surprising Everton made it look easy in the first half."

I Thought I saw them all start in the Everton game !!!
Oooops!!! One too many Everton references in my earlier post!
Of course I meant the PNE game.
Must have been having a senior moment, or is it early-onset dementia????
Old 21-07-2017, 15:39   #45
Full Member+

I am impressed with manyf the players we have so far. It was good to see Matty score again as he seemed to be strolling in the friendlies as if there was no motivation. Then he pops into life and does the business. I hope that was the kick start he needed. We nearly have the complete squad and it is looking good. I wish Rommy well at Orient he is everybodies favourite. Billy is a bit of a worry at the moment. I hope it comes together for him quickly. We do need a keeper as Arron seems to be a little short on confidence at the moment. some of the goals he has let in were soft and should have been saved, but on the plus side he does pull off some top class saves. I think all in all Stanley are in a better place now than they have been for some time.
Chrisr is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..