Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree19Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 19-07-2013, 18:44   #16
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Re: Pompey Game

Quote:
Originally Posted by lancsdave View Post
Their average away support last season was 436 across all league games, and ratio to their home support is 7.6%.

Given the time of kick off and live on telly I really can't see over 1,500 dragging themselves out of bed at some ungodly hour and travelling to Accrington, even though they have great support for where the club are now.
I wouldn't bet on it Dave, many younger fans like to clock up a " New Ground" n should think Stanley will be that fer majority under 60s
Old 19-07-2013, 19:15   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
I wouldn't bet on it Dave, many younger fans like to clock up a " New Ground" n should think Stanley will be that fer majority under 60s
And apart from that a boozy weekend in Blackpool in this weather with a trip to a "new ground" may appeal even more
cashman likes this.
deeayess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-07-2013, 21:53   #18
Senior Member+

Come on people

Lets be realistic

Lets hope Pompey bring 2,000 or 3,000 or even as much as 4,000

by not restricting them to a certain allocation it will hopefully encourage more of them to come and fill the ground providing our club with much needed funds.

Pompey fans are good natured and rarely cause trouble (unless its Southampton)

The club made a mistake restricting the Everton allocation, they would have sold a lot more but lots of fans did not know you could turn up and pay on the gate in the Stanley end.
DAV007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-07-2013, 21:58   #19
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

You be realistic Davo, if many decide not to travel, cos on the offchance they will NOT gain entry, to one of smallest grounds in league, That would be a ridiculous state of affairs, also would you travel so far, being unsure yeh would gain entry? I know damn well i would not.
Old 19-07-2013, 23:49   #20
Senior Member+

maybe, but pompey fans are not daft.
Maybe Stanley need to publicise the main stand will be neutral?
DAV007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-07-2013, 01:18   #21
Full Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAV007 View Post
Come on people

Lets be realistic

Lets hope Pompey bring 2,000 or 3,000 or even as much as 4,000

by not restricting them to a certain allocation it will hopefully encourage more of them to come and fill the ground providing our club with much needed funds.

Pompey fans are good natured and rarely cause trouble (unless its Southampton)
And if / or when so many turn up, plod would have no option but to close the gates to prevent a crowd safety issue, do you think those Pompey fans locked out / turned away would go quietly back down the motorway???

Or what about Stanley fans being turned away from their own ground due to it being packed out with visiting fans???

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAV007 View Post

Maybe Stanley need to publicise the main stand will be neutral?
Maybe you want to take into account the people who actually sit in there???

I'll be in the Main Stand, along with several hundred other Stanley fans. Some of those will have season tickets. And the last thing a season ticket holder wants is to turn up with somebody sat in the seat they've reserved.

And I wouldn't want to turn up and find myself sat in amongst a load of away fans in a "home" end!! I'd imagine it's a sentiment shared by other fellow Reds???

Another stewarding / policing nightmare.

The game being on the box will probably net Stanley around £100k for television revenue. That's the equivalent of an extra 5,800 paying adults....

A sensible approach would be to make it all ticket. It might put a few off, but at least it would ensure no nightmare scenarios of lockouts and crowd trouble.

Winston Leonard Spencer Churchill.

Last edited by carpon; 20-07-2013 at 01:20.
carpon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-07-2013, 11:28   #22

£100k You wish, I wish, Stanley wish!
sherry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-07-2013, 11:32   #23

everton fans were in the clayton end
ddevil2006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-07-2013, 11:35   #24
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddevil2006 View Post
everton fans were in the clayton end
Yep a couple stood by us, good lads.
Old 20-07-2013, 16:09   #25
mab
God Member

Budapest Defenders Champion!
Fast Castle Defense Champion!

Ticket news
Saturday 20th Jul 2013

Accrington Stanley v Portsmouth - Saturday 10th August
Following discussions with both sets of supporters Accrington Stanley will begin selling tickets early next week for our live televised Sky game against Portsmouth on Saturday 10th August.

Tickets will be available to buy for all areas of the ground, however the game is not designated all ticket and there will be cash turnstiles on the day.

Full details will appear here on the official Accrington Stanley website after the weekend.
Old 21-07-2013, 15:17   #26

Hello Stanly fans, my first post as you're team are now officially my second team and I'll be chearing you on every week. I expect you'll pick up quite a few Saints fans as Beatts family is still living down here and very much still a Saints legend.
anyhow, I'd be wary of the blue few, when ever they play against a team with a high profile ex Saint, they go out of their way to give him what they describe as a "Scumming" which basically means giving him aggressive verbals etc all game. There's an iconic photo that's pretty famous in Southampton of Jimbo with his hand cupped to his hear after scoring against them, they proper hate him, I honestly expect a few hundred extra to turn up just to give the Scumming live on tv, honestly, they're that neadathol!
Saint Stanley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-07-2013, 15:57   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saint Stanley View Post
Hello Stanly fans, my first post as you're team are now officially my second team and I'll be chearing you on every week. I expect you'll pick up quite a few Saints fans as Beatts family is still living down here and very much still a Saints legend.
anyhow, I'd be wary of the blue few, when ever they play against a team with a high profile ex Saint, they go out of their way to give him what they describe as a "Scumming" which basically means giving him aggressive verbals etc all game. There's an iconic photo that's pretty famous in Southampton of Jimbo with his hand cupped to his hear after scoring against them, they proper hate him, I honestly expect a few hundred extra to turn up just to give the Scumming live on tv, honestly, they're that neadathol!
That sounds like it's going to be a good day at Store First .Our fans will return the compliments.
Tommy McQueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-07-2013, 19:33   #28
Super Moderator

Well after a day of "selling" tickets to Portsmouth fans; happy to report all requests have been sorted and we're ready for the next requests.

Cashy if you've an hour or so to spare could you call by and help with "crowd" control
Mr T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-07-2013, 20:42   #29
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr T View Post
Well after a day of "selling" tickets to Portsmouth fans; happy to report all requests have been sorted and we're ready for the next requests.

Cashy if you've an hour or so to spare could you call by and help with "crowd" control
Any time yeh care to mention.
Old 25-07-2013, 08:09   #30
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
Any time yeh care to mention.
...and while you're at it, maybe you could sort out certain members of the club's administrative staff. A good old Cashy tongue-lashing would do them the world of good!

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..