Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree19Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 25-07-2013, 08:11   #31
God Member

Re: Pompey Game

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
Any time yeh care to mention.
I'll sort you an hi-viz jacket out with Rambo on it
Old 25-07-2013, 11:16   #32
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wynonie Harris View Post
...and while you're at it, maybe you could sort out certain members of the club's administrative staff. A good old Cashy tongue-lashing would do them the world of good!
What have I done or even not done now??!!
Mr T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-07-2013, 12:09   #33
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr T View Post

Cashy if you've an hour or so to spare could you call by and help with "crowd" control
Quote:
Nowt at all that i'm aware of?? Reckon he was asking yeh to introduce me to certain folk whilst i'm in fer crowd control.
Wynonie Harris and yonmon like this.
Old 25-07-2013, 15:21   #34
Super Moderator

Quote:
Not you in particular, Mr T, but the admin staff in general. Firstly, the shop's a waste of time - you can't even get a simple item like a T-shirt. You had a great offer from Dave to help on the merchandising side and it seems he was ignored. Absolutely unbelievable.

Secondly, minor cock-ups keep occurring again and again. The wrong KO time on the poster outside the ground. Just how much gumption does it take to nip outside and stick a bit of paper over it?

Lastly, my Toto shirt that I never got. Fortunately, my mate, Valarian has offered to try and sort it out off his own bat. Thanks, Joe. NO thanks to the club who look at this forum regularly and so, were aware of the problem. Any organisation with a normal attitude to good customer relations would have thought, "best sort this out, we don't want other potential sponsors to be put off" but, oh no, not Stanley.

You may not know it, but Cashy had quite a reputation for not taking any crap when he was a gaffer at Blythes, so I reckon you should let him loose on your staff - he'd soon knock 'em into shape!

I dunno, Mr T, I reckon it's time me and you had another chat over a pint!

Last edited by Wynonie Harris; 25-07-2013 at 15:29.
Wynonie Harris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-07-2013, 15:42   #35
God Member

Quote:
Firstly, the shop's a waste of time - you can't even get a simple item like a T-shirt.

Sorted, 2 for £20 in the club shop

Two T's for £20
Wynonie Harris likes this.
Old 25-07-2013, 15:46   #36

last time i went in the shop i have got to admit the stock levels were low. But there was alot of items to pick from still. Low budgets mean less items in the shop i guess. The lads that work in there do a fantastic job and always try there best to help everyone. Even noticed they have revamped the store painted and improved which looks alot better.
Old 25-07-2013, 15:57   #37
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by keyco View Post
last time i went in the shop i have got to admit the stock levels were low. But there was alot of items to pick from still. Low budgets mean less items in the shop i guess. The lads that work in there do a fantastic job and always try there best to help everyone. Even noticed they have revamped the store painted and improved which looks alot better.
Aware of that nowt to do wi the lads in yon.
Old 25-07-2013, 16:42   #38
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lancsdave View Post
Sorted, 2 for £20 in the club shop

Two T's for £20
single colour, cheapo screenprinting and more than £15 profit made on an offer (at a rough guess)
maccawozzagod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-07-2013, 19:43   #39
Super Moderator

Always up for a pint!!

Yes we get loads wrong

HOWEVER we get much, much more right without breaking the budget!!
Redraine and shadsworthcloud like this.
Mr T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-07-2013, 19:49   #40
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Always up for a pint!!

Yes we get loads wrong

HOWEVER we get much, much more right without breaking the budget!!
Yep thats correct, But why is there no effort made to correct the wrongs by those who are responsible fer em?
Old 25-07-2013, 20:41   #41
Super Moderator

Quote:
Yep thats correct, But why is there no effort made to correct the wrongs by those who are responsible fer em?
Exactly...on the subject of non-arrival of sponsored shirts, as Pendle Red said, we've been here before, so why is the club not learning from its mistakes? Why did the club reject Dave's offer of space in a town centre outlet and on sale or return options? Why does the club just blithely ignore questions like this and any criticism of its mistakes?

This is the last club that this should be happening at! With our fan base, every supporter counts!

Last edited by Wynonie Harris; 25-07-2013 at 20:43.
Wynonie Harris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-07-2013, 21:37   #42
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Quote:
Exactly...on the subject of non-arrival of sponsored shirts, as Pendle Red said, we've been here before, so why is the club not learning from its mistakes? Why did the club reject Dave's offer of space in a town centre outlet and on sale or return options? Why does the club just blithely ignore questions like this and any criticism of its mistakes?

This is the last club that this should be happening at! With our fan base, every supporter counts!
On the 22nd July i posted this on the Tranmere Thread, ="Stuff like that Rob, is the reason Wynonie will never get n answer," Still NO ANSWER n never likely to be in my view. As wynonie said with our Fan Base every supporter counts, He should have said "Should Count" cos to me its obviously not the case.
Old 26-07-2013, 07:44   #43
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by maccawozzagod View Post
single colour, cheapo screenprinting and more than £15 profit made on an offer (at a rough guess)

Wild guess, but in any case it would be stupid for Stanley to buy hundreds of any t-shirt design to get anywhere near those prices. Buy a few, move on em, put another design in. There's a very low number of fans who will buy everything, a few more who will buy most things and a few more than that who will buy occasionally. You may not make as much profit but at least there's no stock stuck on the shelf tying up cash for the next 10 years.

Maybe when they are in the Premier League bulk buying may be a requirement
Old 26-07-2013, 08:14   #44
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

The Premier League will take at least 5/6 yrs, i could well have croaked by then.
Old 26-07-2013, 09:13   #45
God Member

Quote:
The Premier League will take at least 5/6 yrs, i could well have croaked by then.

No problem, they just need to order one less

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..