Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree9Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-08-2013, 14:52   #1
Senior Member+

Pompey Match Thread...........

Seeing as I cant see one.......
smudgie is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 10-08-2013, 14:53   #2
God Member

Re: Pompey Match Thread...........

I reckon it will be 2-2 with Murphy getting both Stanley goals
Old 10-08-2013, 14:57   #3
Senior Member+

Me too
Old 10-08-2013, 15:11   #4
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Overall a fair result i felt, was 2 decent sides yon today.
Old 10-08-2013, 15:12   #5
Full Member+

Thoroughly enjoyed the match today , but like some of Portsmouth fans we chatted to after the game rather puzzled why they got a penalty, even Pommey fans expected a free kick to Stanley .
Greeny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2013, 15:14   #6
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Thought was some very odd decisions today???
Old 10-08-2013, 15:14   #7
Senior Member+

Highlights already online.........

Accrington 2-2 Portsmouth | Video | Watch TV Show | Sky Sports
Old 10-08-2013, 15:44   #8
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greeny View Post
Thoroughly enjoyed the match today , but like some of Portsmouth fans we chatted to after the game rather puzzled why they got a penalty, even Pommey fans expected a free kick to Stanley .
What....there were 2 penalties in that run of play!
Old 10-08-2013, 15:59   #9
Senior Member+

Quote:
no red or yellow card being shown means the Ref wasn't too sure either
accybeme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2013, 16:07   #10
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
They musta been well oiled, certainly no doubt at all Penalty.
Old 10-08-2013, 16:37   #11
Senior Member+

Well my two pence worth.......

Proud of the lads today, absolutely worked their socks off, especially at 1-2 down to come back. Make no mistake Pompey will be in or around the Top 6 come the end of April. Connoly, Agyemang and their number 7 where a joy to watch at times. Equaliser was an absolute gem of a goal...... Almost as good as the screamer for Murph. Still think his best position is Center back, but what do I know lol?! Scored 2, could have been 3. Top lad.

Hunt I thought was magnificent for 89 minutes. If it wasn't for that shocker of a backpass and challenge it was almost the perfect game for him. What a leader on the pitch we have found

Also thought Terminator (Aldred) and Atkinson where class, no wonder Middlesborough want them . Not quite sure how Liddle is keeping Wilson out of the side but he has improved from last Saturday. A nice problem for JB to have thats for sure.

Must also mention Bavs who made two great saves, couldent do anything with their goals either, so fair to him getting back to his best. I do worry not having a sub keeper on the bench..... Anyone know how bad Dawber is??

Also thought Joyce had his best 30 minutes in a stanley shirt in a long time, something to build on for him that's for sure.

Thought young Richardson looked a passenger and was rightly replaced, maybe 3 games starting in a week was too much for him at his age. I have no doubt a week till Bury away he will have a nice few days to rest.

A massively satisfying result
Old 10-08-2013, 16:55   #12
Senior Member+

I agree smudgie,
it is a risk having on sub keeper given Dunbavin's injury record.
Lets hope we get some cover, even if its only a free agent on a month to month contract.
There would be nothing more annoying than throwing points away at Bury if Ian got injured.
DAV007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2013, 17:09   #13
Resting in Peace

Great summary, Smudgie. I would only take issue with you regarding Joyce, who I thought was again in backwards/ sideways mode, including a needless back pass to put Hunt under pressure, which led to the penalty. Mind you, Richardson wasn't much better and I really feel he is a needless signing with Miller and Clarke both equally capable. That's the trouble with loanees from the top clubs, who seemingly have to play regardless. I am getting used to eating humble pie after grumbling about Bav at half time on Tuesday and Murphy today!
We'll make a midfielder of him yet and full marks to him for his never-say-die spirit and knack of being in the right place at the right time.
I thought we did well to hold on to Pompey who look destined to be up there at the end of the season with a good balance of strength and skill, plus great support from the travelling faithful. Marcus Carver, who had a very good game for me, would do well to learn from their big frontman who gave an absolute master class in hold up play and laying the ball off. Why do we always seem to come up against these Akinfenwa types?http://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/i...es/biggrin.gif
Redraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2013, 17:11   #14
Senior Member+

I too agree with smudgie the only but is (Liddle is keeping Wilson out) I thought that Wilson was out suffering from an Injury
accybeme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2013, 17:48   #15
Full Member+

I was very suprised to see Lee Molyneux there , but nice to see him.
Greeny is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..