Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree57Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 16-01-2016, 10:24   #76
God Member

Re: Pompey match thread

Your optimism knows no bounds, F19.

The only consolation from all of this is we might be able to get rid of that idiot from Zummerzet if enough folk 'report' his foul-mouthed reply (click on small warning triangle below his name).
football19 likes this.
Exile on Spencer St is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 16-01-2016, 10:41   #77
Junior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by football19 View Post
If one of our statistic fans can check,but I am sure it's a record for consecutive home games being cancelled !!.
On the plus side,most teams don't fancy coming Accy on a midweek game.
Obviously I'd of liked the game to go ahead as 3 points would be a real dent in your aspirations.
You're having a great season and it seems a shame that you should have your season derailed by your own pitch.
With a first team that is excellent but little depth your own pitch is likely to be the deciding factor in a great season.
We don't have undersoil heating at fratton but we don't need it as it rarely freezes on the south coast.
As for the game. We have been getting better every game of late and the 70% possession at Ipswich in the fa cup has been a norm for us.
Goals are flowing and we are definitely looking up at automatic places.
Next week is our crunch match. We've beaten all the sides above us away and now entertain the first of the three in Oxford at home.
I wish you luck for the future and was a tad annoyed at the prospect of you being fleeced by Rangers of talent.
See you soon.
Play up Pompey
Jackfrost
Jackfrost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-01-2016, 10:50   #78
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackfrost View Post
Obviously I'd of liked the game to go ahead as 3 points would be a real dent in your aspirations.
You're having a great season and it seems a shame that you should have your season derailed by your own pitch.
With a first team that is excellent but little depth your own pitch is likely to be the deciding factor in a great season.
We don't have undersoil heating at fratton but we don't need it as it rarely freezes on the south coast.
As for the game. We have been getting better every game of late and the 70% possession at Ipswich in the fa cup has been a norm for us.
Goals are flowing and we are definitely looking up at automatic places.
Next week is our crunch match. We've beaten all the sides above us away and now entertain the first of the three in Oxford at home.
I wish you luck for the future and was a tad annoyed at the prospect of you being fleeced by Rangers of talent.
See you soon.
Play up Pompey
Jackfrost
Very good post I am beginning to wonder if it might be worth switching venue for at least 1game because we are just losing ground and playing catch up could be damaging.
Kiwi John likes this.
andyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-01-2016, 10:54   #79
Senior Member+

Good post Jack,and of the top teams,we should have beaten Northampton and Oxford.
Portsmouth however are slowly building a good team and hence playing them on a Tuesday night would /maybe give us an edge!!!
Within five years they will be in championship,certain of that.
football19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-01-2016, 13:29   #80
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by football19 View Post
If one of our statistic fans can check,but I am sure it's a record for consecutive home games being cancelled !!.
On the plus side,most teams don't fancy coming Accy on a midweek game.
Most of Accrington don't even like coming on a midweek game mate!
Old 16-01-2016, 13:39   #81
God Member

According to the weather forecast there are barely three or four hours between now and Tuesday night when the temperature is above zero. The fixture jam could get worse before it gets better.
Old 16-01-2016, 13:50   #82
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by baldy View Post
Most of Accrington don't even like coming on a midweek game mate!
All these games being off can damage what little home support we have people get out of the habit everything conspires against our little club.
baldy, cashman and monkey hanger like this.
andyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-01-2016, 15:03   #83

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyd View Post
All these games being off can damage what little home support we have people get out of the habit everything conspires against our little club.
I would disagree up to a point. most of our support would go if they could regardless. I'm going to try for some of the midweek games if holidays allow. We don't have enough floating fans to make a difference it's the away fans that make the difference
AccyMad and DAV007 like this.
deeayess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-01-2016, 16:00   #84
God Member

No luck with the weather but the other results from the last two weeks have been kind to Stanley.
Old 16-01-2016, 16:11   #85
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exile on Spencer St View Post
No luck with the weather but the other results from the last two weeks have been kind to Stanley.
Yer not kidding, were still in a playoff position. and wi the forecast tuesdays game is very doubtful?
Old 16-01-2016, 17:58   #86
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
Yer not kidding, were still in a playoff position. and wi the forecast tuesdays game is very doubtful?
Had to Google map this afternoon ....I'd forgotten how to get to 'the Crown' !
yerself and monkey hanger like this.
yonmon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-01-2016, 22:18   #87
Full Member+

I was convinced it would be on from the conditions of grass and pitches less than two miles away, and seen as it was the only league game to be called off I would guess it was down to all the retained water being frozen.

At least the Stanley Chairman didn't do a 100% guarantee the match would be on like Portsmouth have done in the near past before being frozen off. The away fans would have set off 9 bells latest if by road.
Chewbacca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-01-2016, 01:20   #88
God Member

Quote:
I blame the French...
Kiwi John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-01-2016, 08:23   #89
God Member

Quote:
spot on for me. supporting a club is habit forming and i.m afraid some will have found other things to do in the winter break. thankfully this didn.t happen when we were struggling a little while ago on and off the pitch. the only bright spot is that we are still in the play off positions and have something to cheer about. our luck will change i.m sure.
monkey hanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-01-2016, 09:27   #90
God Member

As someone (almost) sang, "if it wasn't for bad luck, we'd have no luck at all".
monkey hanger likes this.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..