Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree10Likes
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 26-08-2014, 11:04   #1

Poor Customer Service

Not one for a moan, but still quite annoyed about an incident that happened at the club on Saturday.

I only get to about 5 or 6 home games a season, due to living 300 odd miles away, but decided a flexi-ticket would be good value. Also, would give me the opportunity to drag along my mate who is a disillusioned rovers fan. Told him that I’ll take him to 4 or 5 games a season and it’ll cost him nowt. Hoping that he’d get the bug and start becoming a regular.

Went to the turnstile at the Clayton End with my mate and tried to get in with two stubs off the flexi-ticket. What followed was an absolute Customer Service Fiasco – Both of the tag team on the turnstile continued to argue with me as I was trying to explain I’d been personally told by Mark Turner that a flexi-ticket could be 1 x 10 games or 10 people x 1 game.

No, no , no I kept getting told as they ushered through the gate and persisted in barking orders at my mate that he’d have to go through the other turnstile and part with £20 for his trouble. I asked if there was anyone we could speak to, but they didn’t have the time or day to even try.

I know they probably work for nowt and there are a lot of people at the club who do a fine job, but it was 2.15pm and there was nobody else queuing or being held up – The club need to communicate the way these tickets work to both the holders and club staff. Manners cost nothing. With less than 1000 home fans there, alienating potential new fans is hardly a good idea.

Gave my mate £20 to cover the cost of his “free-ticket” and bought him a few pints to make up for his bad experience at MY club.

He really enjoyed the game and even had his photo took with the ever accommodating JB – He really is a fine ambassador for the club – couldn’t give the kids enough time, even 15 mins before kick-off.

Back home in Devon now and text my mate earlier to see if he’s going to go to the next home game as a walk-on……………………….

Still waiting for a reply…………………..
cashman likes this.
Accrington Web
Old 26-08-2014, 11:41   #2
God Member

Re: Poor Customer Service

I think how the flexi tickets work is you have to go to the ticket office & exchange your stub/s for a match ticket - at least that's how they worked last season - although i don't understand why whoever was on the turnstile couldn't simply have told you that unless they weren't sure themselves??
Old 26-08-2014, 11:49   #3
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Thing is if turnstile operators were unaware, its not rocket science fer em to ring Mark Turner fer clarification, That sorta thing is last thing Stanley need.
Old 26-08-2014, 11:51   #4
Senior Member+

I suggest an email to the office, FAO Mr Turner. I have long held the view that the club could be run in a ore professional way
cashman and DAV007 like this.
Old 26-08-2014, 11:52   #5
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AccyMad View Post
I think how the flexi tickets work is you have to go to the ticket office & exchange your stub/s for a match ticket -
If that's the procedure, is that information provided on the flexi-ticket stubs?
Old 26-08-2014, 12:02   #6
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
Thing is if turnstile operators were unaware, its not rocket science fer em to ring Mark Turner fer clarification, That sorta thing is last thing Stanley need.
Absolutely agree - wasn't trying to excuse, was just a thought
Old 26-08-2014, 12:03   #7
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AccyMad View Post
I think how the flexi tickets work is you have to go to the ticket office & exchange your stub/s for a match ticket - at least that's how they worked last season - although i don't understand why whoever was on the turnstile couldn't simply have told you that unless they weren't sure themselves??
Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exile on Spencer St View Post
If that's the procedure, is that information provided on the flexi-ticket stubs?
I believe the exchange system at the ticket office is the correct one. Agree with Cashy, turnstile operators should know and if not sure should have checked.

Not sure what is written in the booklet, but I do know any sold in the shop are usually explained the procedure. If it's not in then the book then that can be addressed for future sales with a little sticker

If it had been the main stand then Robert Houseman is round there to deal with supporters issues, unfortunate it was 'round the back'
Old 26-08-2014, 12:04   #8
God Member

Quote:
I'm not sure if it is to be honest, I only know because my sons have one & that is what they were asked to do
Old 26-08-2014, 12:06   #9
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by smobile View Post
Back home in Devon now and text my mate earlier to see if he’s going to go to the next home game as a walk-on……………………….

I'm sure poor customer service could be rectified by a 'good customer service' ticket
Old 26-08-2014, 12:10   #10
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lancsdave View Post
I believe the exchange system at the ticket office is the correct one. Agree with Cashy, turnstile operators should know and if not sure should have checked.

Not sure what is written in the booklet, but I do know any sold in the shop are usually explained the procedure. If it's not in then the book then that can be addressed for future sales with a little sticker

If it had been the main stand then Robert Houseman is round there to deal with supporters issues, unfortunate it was 'round the back'
That may just be part of reason support on Clayton End seems to have declined? many issues have been ignored yon. through what i think is very poor communiction?
Old 26-08-2014, 12:26   #11
Senior Member+

Absolutely dreadful from the club.
Old 26-08-2014, 14:20   #12
Super Moderator

Arrghhhhhhhh!!

Yes we've got in wrong and in with all the flexitickets I've sold; I'm sure we've explained to people that you need to "swop" your vouchers for atcual match tickets at the ticket office; not the turnstiles.

Yes we've got it wrong, but we thought that people knew to come to the ticket office first.

The turnstiles operators are all volunteers and were spoken to pre-season to explain the "new" season ticket booklets and the flexi ticket system.

PM me please as somebody has already sent the club an e-mail this morning and this has been forwarded to the SLO to act on.

SORRY
Old 26-08-2014, 17:27   #13

One of the problems could be that a flexi ticket looks very like a season ticket so the turnstyle operator may have made this mistake. It even says Flexi season ticket on it and no instructions on how it works.

That said, I have one and have never had a problem but I knew how they worked anyway.
Old 26-08-2014, 19:20   #14
Super Moderator

Peace has broken out!!

Robert Houseman has spoken to the gentleman concerned;

We'll implement a better responce when e-mails of complaint are recieved ( by the way we get more good than bad)

Thread closed??
Old 26-08-2014, 19:31   #15
Senior Member+

Quote:
No.
Closed Thread

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..