Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 20-03-2011, 14:04   #121
Senior Member+

Re: Port Vale Thread

I agree along with Joyce I think the inclusion of Cisak has had a massive difference.

Hes only a young lad but is getting better with every game he plays.

Great to have 2 decent keepers at the club, as well as some genuine quality on the bench, Barnett, Long etc.

The future looks good ( on the pitch that is)

smudgie is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 20-03-2011, 16:06   #122
God Member

The FITC matches at half-time must be great for the kids involved and it looks to be increasing numbers with Adults attending with their kids.

Superb initiative

One thing I can give and still keep: my word.

SFFS
Pendle Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-03-2011, 16:20   #123
God Member

Smile Re: Port Vale Thread

It is a strange one that Alex Cisak one???? In the games that I have seen him play, he has hardly had a save to make, is that because the defence are better?? - same defenders really - or is it just a coincidence????

Facts are, we have tightened up in the last 5/7 games, it may just be the teams that we have played against?? Either way, things are going in the right direction

Two very, very tough away games coming up, if we can come through them unbeaten........

18 Years in the Football League

https://onstanleyon.com/sean-mcconville-testimonial/
VALAIRIAN is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 20-03-2011, 16:25   #124
Junior Member+

Well played yesterday, fully deserved victory. We never really had a look-in, a bit of huffing and puffing just after half time and a few crosses with no one on the end of them and that was it. To be fair I also thought that you shaded the 2 games we played at our place too but at that time we were a decent, resilient team who could get a win from next to nothing.

Didn't help that Gannon seems to prefer to play only 1 up front and our better players on the bench or out of the squad completely. He's alienated everyone at the club since the 1st day he arrived culminating in the issues and protests after the game yesterday.

Good luck for the rest of the season, ours is over unless we can rid ourselves of Gannon and our board. You'll certainly be finishing above us .
NellyTheValiant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-03-2011, 17:46   #125
God Member

Thanks for that Nelly Also agree about the games at your place, I hope that you sort out the problems at your club, as we at Stanley, know all too well what it can lead to...

Old 20-03-2011, 19:10   #126
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by football19 View Post
PS - I know people on here want sean macc to play like roy keane,but thats not his game,thought his touch and awareness today was first class,leave the tackling to others !!!
Agreed, and his positional play is very good too. If only he can add sharpness in front of goal we would have another Le Fondre on our hands and I would stop moaning. Ah well, he's only a young lad and I live in hope.
Redraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-03-2011, 19:16   #127
God Member

Sounds to me that you are mellowing Redraine I would not be at all surprised to see you cheering Macca on at the Crewe game

Old 20-03-2011, 20:34   #128
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by NellyTheValiant View Post
Well played yesterday, fully deserved victory. We never really had a look-in, a bit of huffing and puffing just after half time and a few crosses with no one on the end of them and that was it. To be fair I also thought that you shaded the 2 games we played at our place too but at that time we were a decent, resilient team who could get a win from next to nothing.

Didn't help that Gannon seems to prefer to play only 1 up front and our better players on the bench or out of the squad completely. He's alienated everyone at the club since the 1st day he arrived culminating in the issues and protests after the game yesterday.

Good luck for the rest of the season, ours is over unless we can rid ourselves of Gannon and our board. You'll certainly be finishing above us .
nelly looking on your forum the hatred to gannon and exodus is quite frankly frightening what have these 2 individuals done to evoke such extremities
Old 20-03-2011, 20:49   #129
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by VALAIRIAN View Post
Sounds to me that you are mellowing Redraine I would not be at all surprised to see you cheering Macca on at the Crewe game
OK, through gritted teeth. Tell you what, I'll sing his song if you do, as you seem to be more of a clapper than a singer.
Redraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-03-2011, 21:20   #130
Junior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by nige b View Post
nelly looking on your forum the hatred to gannon and exodus is quite frankly frightening what have these 2 individuals done to evoke such extremities
Micky Adams had turned a bunch of avaerage players into world beaters, we were top or thereabouts when he left for Sheffield Utd. Gannon was appointed and on his 1st day alienated himself by coming out with some very strange comments about the players been useless, his assistants not been qualified etc.

He's fallen out with many of the players, his assistant (again) and many of the fans. The forward thinking football that we saw under MA has long since been forgetten. We're playing tedious dull, defensive stuff, not creating chances (as shown yesterday) and whenever we lose he's never his fault. He's just rubbing everyone up the wrong way.

Exodus sadly is a a symptom of the problem, he's one of Gannons 1st signings and he's been awful and I mean awful, we have far better players on the bench that are not getting a look in.

Yesterday was a bit of a watershed I feel in as much as everyone now knows where everyone else stands we don't like him and the feeling seems pretty much mutual.

There's meeting between him and the board tomorrow hopefully he'll be gone and we can then focus on getting the board out, knowing that the football may be slightly better whilst we're doing it.
NellyTheValiant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-03-2011, 21:28   #131
Senior Member+

cheers nelly is that gannon will be gone and can x ever play for vale again (saw his vid answering questions and seemed a decent guy but prob not a great footballer but the ****** did score for rotherham against us and set up the winner with a long throw) apparently his girlfriend was in tears after yesterdays shenanigans
Old 21-03-2011, 11:53   #132
Senior Member+

Cant get my head around the port vale situation,There in a great position a few home games coming up and a decent squad of players.
Jim Gannon is renowned for getting his team to play and pass the ball,and if port vale want to promotion and stay in the first division,thats the way forward.
After watching Mickey Adams football ways,hes a more direct and get at them approach,that wont work at an higher level (as hes finding out at sheff utd).
Theres nothing wrong with playing one up front(acci are the leagues second top scorers at home),it seems that the players dont want change and want the manager out,
The players get paid to do a job,and can you imagine what would happen if razor grabbed the gaffer by the throat because he was dropped to the bench??,
The players seem to have too much influence at port vale,probably backed by the assistant manager.
The vale fans should read what Paul Jewell encountered when he joined Wigan in the div 2 days,The players and fans wanted him out after losing to canvey island,he did it his way and got them to the prem league,
The vale fans should get behind there team,win,lose or draw.
Can you imagine stanley ultras behaving that way???,dont think so
football19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-03-2011, 12:27   #133
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by NellyTheValiant View Post
Well, you got part one of your wish fulfilled, Nelly - Gannon's gone!

He doesn't stay anywhere very long, does he?
Div3North is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-03-2011, 13:08   #134
Full Member+

After Saturdays booing I was waiting for the sacking.
Greeny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-03-2011, 14:11   #135
God Member

Have to agree with Football 19's post - the behaviour of the Vale fans on Saturday was a disgrace, it's one thing to disagree with the manager's tactics/player selection etc., but to turn on their own players & subject them to the barrage of abuse they did was way over the top in my opinion. The Vale players had to wait in our clubhouse until is was deemed safe for them to get out & onto their coach - not what you ever want to see. And if it's true that one of the players had Jim Gannon by the throat in the dressing room prior to the game, if I was him I wouldn't have waited till Monday to be sacked - I would have walked there & then.
AccyMad is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..