Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree54Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 16-09-2016, 19:57   #1

Portsmouth for part-timers

Sadly I will be puffing and panting up the Tourmalet in my best spandex cycling gear tomorrow as the lads lay waste to the southern coast Jessies. I have, of course, brought me scarf with me so that I may run deleriously happy through the village streets when I hear the result.

I shall expect plenty of analysis and reportage to read as I tuck into my post cycle baguette. I am accompanied by a party of mostly mancunian fans of both persuasions, a spurs fan, Sunderland, Boro, Cardiff and Bradford and three from Leeds.

I have primed them with tales of Accrington glory on the way down and I think they await the result with as much baited breath as me. A big win tomorrow and they may all be converted from the dark side.

Play up Stanley!
Lord Didsbury is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 17-09-2016, 06:03   #2
Full Member+

Re: Portsmouth for part-timers

I think those Pompey chaps will be boarding their buses to make the long journey "up north", to do battle with us Lancastrian hoodlums, as i post Lord Didsbury.
winstanley asfc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-09-2016, 11:55   #3
Junior Member+

Pompey, a northern city on the south coast. No illusions of grandeur. A city built on the island of portsea. The most densely populated area of England. Home of the Royal Navy, a place from where men to go to war.
A proud people made up of dockyard workers and gypsy stock. In other words, not the brightest but historically has put many other city's and towns teams in their place.
Keep your south coast Jessie accusation quiet for your own good. Stick to drinking milk, we are coming for 3 points.
With nearly as many of us as there are of you in attendance.
We probably put paid to your auto places last year with a midweek 3-1 win. Deservedly so, we ripped you a new one that night and Doyle's goal has got to have been close to the best goal seen at your gayly named 'wham' stafium?
Good luck after today.
Play up Pompey
Jackfrost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-09-2016, 16:00   #4

Jack, Jack....come back. I've something to tell you.
AccyMad, Kiwi John and Revived Red like this.
Old 17-09-2016, 16:01   #5
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

Deary me Mr.Frost, after your little chunter, would you like some locally produced humble pie served up at the "gayly named Wham stadium" today? should sustain you on your long depressing trip home this evening, as you masticate, you can mull over where it all went wrong for your boys today.
Old 17-09-2016, 16:23   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackfrost View Post
Pompey, a northern city on the south coast. No illusions of grandeur. A city built on the island of portsea. The most densely populated area of England. Home of the Royal Navy, a place from where men to go to war.
A proud people made up of dockyard workers and gypsy stock. In other words, not the brightest but historically has put many other city's and towns teams in their place.
Keep your south coast Jessie accusation quiet for your own good. Stick to drinking milk, we are coming for 3 points.
We probably put paid to your auto places last year with a midweek 3-1 win. Deservedly so, we ripped you a new one that night and Doyle's goal has got to have been close to the best goal seen at your gayly named 'wham' stafium?
Good luck after today.
Play up Pompey
For lads who come from a place with a sea faring tradition, you're not good travellers!
AccyMad likes this.
Jeg Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-09-2016, 16:29   #7
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

A well deserved 3 pts this afternoon in my view, I have nowt at all against Pompey,in fact i like the place, but if we had NEVER won another game this side of xmas, i'm delighted to stick it right up the SNAKE. Only 2 pts off a play off spot now.

Last edited by cashman; 17-09-2016 at 16:32.
cashman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-09-2016, 16:39   #8

Good to hear Cashy. Last week I said we are on the edge of invincibility. I wasn't there today but the clean sheet tells me everything I need to know. A defence just too good not to get promoted.
Old 17-09-2016, 16:46   #9

The winner was a screamer make sure you catch it on Ch 5
widnes viking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-09-2016, 16:48   #10
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

For me twas Goal of the Season so far.
Old 17-09-2016, 16:48   #11
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackfrost View Post
Pompey, a northern city on the south coast. No illusions of grandeur....A proud people
Agree totally, Jackfrost, always enjoy trips to Pompey. A proper club (these days) for proper fans.

God bless you one and all.

We probably put paid to your auto places last year with a midweek 3-1 win.
Fraid your behind Mr.Kettle in the queue.

Good luck after today.
And a safe if miserable journey home.
AccyMad likes this.
Exile on Spencer St is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-09-2016, 18:49   #12
Senior Member+

Great result and coley has cookies number !!!
Gutted to have missed the game,went to watch a lad making his debut and catch up with a few ex players.
Looks like Acci are getting the new lads bedded in early,and who knows if we stay injury free !!
KTF
AccyMad likes this.
football19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-09-2016, 18:50   #13
Full Member+

Fantastic result today. Wasn't there but looking forward to paddy's goal later.
Old 17-09-2016, 19:05   #14
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by dabeast View Post
Fantastic result today. Wasn't there but looking forward to paddy's goal later.
It's here: Accrington 1-0 Portsmouth | Video | Watch TV Show | Sky Sports
MikeA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-09-2016, 19:14   #15
Full Member+

Cracking goal to win the game today from Lacey. The team looked a lot more solid today at the back. Beckles grows in stature game by game (hope we've got him on a long contract) and the whole defence as a unit seemed much better organised resulting in another clean sheet. Great to get the win over Stanley in the south, feels good. Fully deserved victory, well done boys. Good banter with pompey boys in Crown after game. Fair play they took defeat it in good grace facing a long trip home
Reamer is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..