Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree58Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 20-10-2018, 17:33   #31
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Re: Posh Thread

Well EVANS is probably incontinent also .
KiTChener and Revived Red like this.
Old 20-10-2018, 18:30   #32
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeA View Post
Whereas Steve Evans thought he was incompetent!
https://www.theposh.com/news/2018/oc...n-home-defeat/
What a shame, could cry for him
MikeA, KiTChener, cashman and 1 others like this.
AccyMad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-10-2018, 18:36   #33
Senior Member+

I saw the red rose coach on route this morning full of expectant Stanley fans dreaming of a good result well wake up your no longer dreaming you have beaten the league leaders on their own turf,
What a result for the club players & fans

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
KiTChener, cashman, sherry and 1 others like this.
accybeme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-10-2018, 19:40   #34
Senior Member+

Had a purple patch for twenty minutes in the first half playing some great stuff down the right. Should have scored more than one in that period.
Thought Posh were very predictable which shocked me.
Maxted still a worry for me.
Centre backs did really well today.
Twenty Eight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-10-2018, 19:45   #35
God Member

Great result and, overall, a good game. Two pretty evenly matched teams but Stanley deserved the points because they looked like they wanted them more, and they just had that bit more luck going their way.
Stanley played some beautiful football, especially in the first half once they weathered an early onslaught. First time seeing Barlaser, and he is class; start a collection someone and let's keep him for the rest of the season. He and Finlay are a good midfield pairing and give Stanley's forwards some quick and positive service.
Stanley's defence won nearly every high ball today, particularly Ihiekwe who was winning everything in the air, but their 4 giants at the back had their work cut out with Messrs Kee, Zanzala, and Clark buzzing around them.

P.S. However knowledgable that nice Mr.Evans may be about football I really wonder how much respect his players can have for someone in that kind of physical shape. Lucky the ref didn't send him to the stands as I doubt he would have found a seat to accommodate him.
Exile on Spencer St is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-10-2018, 20:41   #36

Another totally solid team performance. Stanley set their stall out with a positive start, got the goal and then pushed for another before Peterborough gradually worked their way back into the game, with Godden very close to a first-half equaliser. Second-half was extremely tight, Godden again missing the best chance when he found some space on the right-hand side of the box before dragging a shot wide. But Stanley always threatened on the break, and occasionally fashioned a chance with decisive moves that shone for their deceptive simplicity, just pass and move sequences, but executed so precisely that they cut Posh wide open.

I agree with Exile that the combination of Barlaser and Finlay adds just that bit of attacking nous, they play with their heads up and with a keen sense for the spaces that Jordan, Billy and Offi can run into. MOTM difficult to call, Ihiekwe was excellent throughout, but I thought Callum did particularly well against some tricky customers - Dembele in the first-half and then Toney in the second.

But to reiterate - this Stanley side is absolutely a collective endeavour. No passengers or superstars, they earn every point as a unit. Very proud of the lads tonight.
MikeA, AccyMad, cashman and 7 others like this.
Phil Whalley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-10-2018, 08:51   #37
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by accybeme View Post
I saw the red rose coach on route this morning full of expectant Stanley fans dreaming of a good result well wake up your no longer dreaming you have beaten the league leaders on their own turf,
What a result for the club players & fans

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Just early morning drowsiness ABM! ! 🤔... We were definitely not dreaming of a win.. all upbeat and predicting the best result !
It was great to share that optimism which is no longer based on hope but a positivity born from previous games !... and Stanley were better than The Posh... just !.😎

AND ANOTHER CLEAN SHEET !!.

ON STANLEY ON !..TO EVEN GREATER THINGS !!
choirboy likes this.
yonmon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-10-2018, 09:19   #38
Senior Member+

Zanzala pleased with his performances over the last 4 games the lad runs down every ball and takes some of the heat off billy even if not scoring, in his early games I didn't think that much of his performances but I'm glad to be proved wrong
choirboy and monkey hanger like this.
accybeme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-10-2018, 09:47   #39
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Zanzala pleased with his performances over the last 4 games the lad runs down every ball and takes some of the heat off billy even if not scoring, in his early games I didn't think that much of his performances but I'm glad to be proved wrong
Agree hes certainly coming on in leaps and bounds,long may it continue.
monkey hanger likes this.
Old 21-10-2018, 10:58   #40
Full Member+

Just watched Mr Evens post match press talk, he says his team played well should have won BLAH BLAH BLAH then says he will make changes for Tues. ?
choirboy likes this.
ferret man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-10-2018, 11:38   #41
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Evan always has been a pillock nowt changes there, but read the football league paper this morning and amazingly Westley who is another, says him and J.C. will never be friends, is giving great credit to him, for what he has done here also hope he takes us up to the championship, also says he aint praising a mate, like many do. so fair play to the horrible get.
monkey hanger likes this.
Old 21-10-2018, 13:04   #42
Senior Member+

Who reported us to the Football League for accidentally fielding ineligible players in Season 2006-7 and got us a fine and nearly a points deduction which could have got us relegated back to the National League at the end of our First Season back? Can anyone remind me?

6th March 1962 - They turned off the gas but nothing could extinguish the flame!
Haggis316 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-10-2018, 14:38   #43
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haggis316 View Post
Who reported us to the Football League for accidentally fielding ineligible players in Season 2006-7 and got us a fine and nearly a points deduction which could have got us relegated back to the National League at the end of our First Season back? Can anyone remind me?
That nice Mr. Evans by any chance?? Never !
AccyMad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-10-2018, 19:43   #44
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by ferret man View Post
just watched mr evens post match press talk, he says his team played well should have won blah blah blah then says he will make changes for tues. ?

HE'SCLEARLY GOING ON A DIET THEN
:d
choirboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-10-2018, 19:47   #45
Senior Member+

Quote:
A great header from Zanzala for Super SEAN to score v Posh for the win and three more points!
Well done Ofrande!
cashman and yonmon like this.
choirboy is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..