Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree37Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 18-08-2020, 20:19   #31
God Member

Thumbs down Re: pre season friendlies

Quote:
Originally Posted by StanleyJosh View Post
Have no fear, not just the keeper but trying new systems and new players.
inexperienced defence, no Harvey, Ross or Yosser, mix of youth too.
In years gone by I used to go to countless preseason friendlys mainly to kop the ground, but believe me Coleman hates losing any game as I do and he won't like that goals against column, and if you think it doesn't set a marker for the season it does players can earn a starting place based on these games and with the small squad we are going to be operating with some of these so called youngsters at 20ish need to be stepping up.
andyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 19-08-2020, 07:25   #32
God Member

Re: pre season friendlies

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyd View Post
with the small squad we are going to be operating with some of these so called youngsters at 20ish need to be stepping up.
agree about the so called youngsters. if there is no real improvement in any of these players i do think its time to move them on. there has been many like marcus carver who initially showed some promise but never made it at league level.
monkey hanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-08-2020, 07:27   #33
God Member

Looking at pictures of last night's game there is one of a big black guy must have been a trialist any ideas anyone ?
Old 19-08-2020, 07:33   #34
Full Member+

Quote:
In years gone by I used to go to countless preseason friendlys mainly to kop the ground, but believe me Coleman hates losing any game as I do and he won't like that goals against column, and if you think it doesn't set a marker for the season it does players can earn a starting place based on these games and with the small squad we are going to be operating with some of these so called youngsters at 20ish need to be stepping up.
And they will.
Don't read so much into it.
Baffled again by the negativity on here and on Facebook.

Be proud that 9 ASFC Academy products featured.
AccyMad likes this.
StanleyJosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-08-2020, 07:36   #35
Full Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkey hanger View Post
agree about the so called youngsters. if there is no real improvement in any of these players i do think its time to move them on. there has been many like marcus carver who initially showed some promise but never made it at league level.
so called youngsters??
are we all blind by the significant improvement from Toby, Zehn and Reagan over the last 12 months.
apart from that, we have under 18's coming through.
both Dan Martin and Kevin Spinelli are highly rated by Coley.
Old 19-08-2020, 07:39   #36
God Member

Question Re: pre season friendlies

Quote:
And they will.
Don't read so much into it.
Baffled again by the negativity on here and on Facebook.

Be proud that 9 ASFC Academy products featured.
Not negativity at all more passionate support great that academy players are moving towards the squad that's why we have one but players at 20+ really should be pushing for starting places if not good enough ship out because this season with a small squad will be a real test at league 1 level.
monkey hanger likes this.
Old 19-08-2020, 07:42   #37
God Member

Quote:
so called youngsters??
are we all blind by the significant improvement from Toby, Zehn and Reagan over the last 12 months.
apart from that, we have under 18's coming through.
both Dan Martin and Kevin Spinelli are highly rated by Coley.
If you're highly rated that's one thing if you're good enough at 16 you play Andy Scott was that highly rated we give him a 3 year deal he never played a league game.
Old 19-08-2020, 07:44   #38
Full Member+

Quote:
Not negativity at all more passionate support great that academy players are moving towards the squad that's why we have one but players at 20+ really should be pushing for starting places if not good enough ship out because this season with a small squad will be a real test at league 1 level.
Our squad this season will be stronger than last.
Old 19-08-2020, 07:44   #39
God Member

Bobby Grant played for first team at 16 best youngster we had at that time good player but such negativity aimed at him when he returned last season some fans don't know what a good player his.
Old 19-08-2020, 07:48   #40
God Member

Quote:
Our squad this season will be stronger than last.
That will be the test always looking to improve but if it's going to be stronger these players have to make the step up.
Old 19-08-2020, 08:40   #41
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

i reckon we are no where near a regular league team yet,giving kids a chance to step up to me is correct thing to do. cant understand why people are whining at this point in things? i prefer to wait and see what occurs before things kick off.
Old 19-08-2020, 09:14   #42
God Member

Interesting George Newell son of Mike Newell got a hat trick last night for Southport Marcus Carver got the other.
Old 19-08-2020, 09:39   #43
Senior Member+

Quote:
Interesting George Newell son of Mike Newell got a hat trick last night for Southport Marcus Carver got the other.
Match report. Again, it tells us little that's not already been posted on here:
https://southportfc.net/report-hat-trick-hero/
MikeA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-08-2020, 09:44   #44
God Member

how many players over the years have been called the ones for the future or there improvement over the last 12 months have been emmence. not just at stanley but every lower league club in the country. next thing you see after a few unused substitute appearances is that the future for them is some obscure non league club. this is not being negative its just a situation that happens with loads of young players every single season.
andyd likes this.
monkey hanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-08-2020, 09:54   #45
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkey hanger View Post
how many players over the years have been called the ones for the future or there improvement over the last 12 months have been emmence. not just at stanley but every lower league club in the country. next thing you see after a few unused substitute appearances is that the future for them is some obscure non league club. this is not being negative its just a situation that happens with loads of young players every single season.
To me the old saying of doesn't matter how old you are it's how good you are at 16-17 years old you stand out a country mile if you're going to make it, Best, Gasgoine, Metcalf who has sadly just passed at Rovers, do I need to go on. Would love nothing more than every player from the academy to make a first team place but we live in the real world. Stanley have stated that the squad will be small this season and we probably are only signing Burgess the rest will be loans including the keeper hopefully John and Jimmy will be successful as I,m sure they will be John is bigging up promotion why not.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..