Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree6Likes
  • 1 Post By choirboy
  • 3 Post By cashman
  • 1 Post By choirboy
  • 1 Post By andyd

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 23-07-2022, 16:40   #1
Senior Member+

Pre Season ‘Friendly’ v Sunderland

A mixed sort of performance for me from the Stanley boys but a positive score line in the end with a 2-1 victory to our boys.
Stanley dominated the first few minutes then Sunderland grew into the game. As half time approached Sunderland could have been three goals up but for some great saves from Jensen! On the stroke of half time Sunderland got a penalty from a lunge by Rodgers on the edge of the penalty box! One down at half time!
Second half started with Sunderland on top again but after both sides made several substitutions over a number of minutes Stanley got back into the game!
The referee was proving to be somewhat inconsistent but he did award us a penalty too which Sean Mac put away confidently. Adedoyin was causing a lot of problems for the Sunderland centre backs and he battled his way through to score the winner.
The referee was rubbish and I was beginning to think that he was ‘Kettle in disguise’ towards the end of the match.
Sad to see Mo Sangare go off injured mid way through the first half! We do seem to be a bit lightweight up front and with Mo’s injury I am still worried about the left side of defence issue.
Watchdog likes this.
choirboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 23-07-2022, 17:03   #2
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Re: Pre Season ‘Friendly’ v Sunderland

i thought the trailist made a BIG difference when he came on this afternoon, i would sign the lad up P.D.Q he showed plenty of promise.
choirboy, Taypot and Watchdog like this.
Old 23-07-2022, 17:11   #3
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
i thought the trailist made a BIG difference when he came on this afternoon, i would sign the lad up P.D.Q he showed plenty of promise.
I agree with you Cashy. He looked quite strong and together he and Adedoyin put Sunderland’s two cheating centre backs under a lot of pressure.
cashman likes this.
choirboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-07-2022, 18:41   #4
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
Alaghi Tou're Sisse if he slips through the net I,ll be disappointed sign him up worrying news on the injury front from Coley in his interview a week to go.
andyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-07-2022, 18:43   #5
God Member

Mention for Lucas Jenson what a keeper he,s looking let's hope he stays injury free and doesn't get recalled can see him earning us plenty of points this season.
accytom18 likes this.
andyd is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..