Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-08-2005, 22:22   #1

Thumbs up Prediction League 05/06

Well I hope everyone had a great close or silly season whichever you prefer to call it. Gutted Evil's gone but suppose it was on the cards - Ive had to remove my signature picture now!! (Thanks to AccyStanFan for making it for me so I could use it all last season)

Anyway the prediction league is upon us once again for a brand new season and Spot the Ball will make its return next Sunday night (14th Aug) at 8pm.

So please could I have everyones prediction in here please for the serious stuff which starts next Saturday against Canvey at home?? Deadline for your entries will be kick off which is 3pm BST on Saturday (13th Aug). Not long now people Also dont forget the Accyweb bookies where you will be able to put some Ackers where ya mouth is for this game too....

I thought I would also post up the rules for the competition in this post so everyones clear from the start so here goes...

Put your predictions in the relevant thread for the forthcoming game that I start up. Please dont put something that just says 1-0 - I need to know which side you think will win 1-0. Obviously this is not as important when predicting a draw such as 1-1 or 0-0 If you put in a prediction that isnt clear in this way Ive said, it wont be valid/counted.

Next - points system...
You get 5 points for predicting spot on, the correct scoreline to the correct team - ie predict a 2-0 Accy win and they win 2-0..

You get 3 points for predicting the correct outcome but not getting the final score right - eg - Predict 3-0 to Accy and they win 2-1 or 2-0 or 1-0, wotever. If you predict a draw, say 1-1, and it finishes 2-2 or 0-0 you get 3 points...

You get 1 point or a bonus point if you dont get either of the above but you manage to guess the right amount of goals. For example - predict a 2-1 win to Accy and it finishes 2-2, you get one point because you didnt get the score right nor the outcome but you managed to guess that Accy would score 2 goals.

If you predict correctly, and get the 5 pointer, please dont also expect 3 points for the right outcome and another 2 bonus points for the right amount of goals - its 5 points and thats it!!

Finally the league table is obviously set out in order of points but in the event of people being level on points, they are ordered by when they posted their prediction. So if 5 people are level on 10 points, the one that posted first on 10 points gets to the top of the group so theres an incentive for you to post early

I think thats covered it - so get predicting people!! As usual good luck to everyone that has a go this week and heres hopin for a big win to start off with then a BLOODY good anialiation of Alty in their own back yard. Williams Lutel wondershow?? Hahaha wot about an Ian Craney 25 yarder in the last minute to win it???? That'd do just nicely

Jimbo T blower

Born and Bred in Accrington - You cant BUY class

"We invented the big time now we're back in the big time" ( Loweiy circa 2006 )

AND THATS WHERE WE'RE STAYIN!!!!
Jimbo T Hornblower is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 06-08-2005, 22:25   #2
Senior Member+

Re: Prediction League 05/06

Oooooo its all exciting stuff....

I'll be the first this season and say a Stanley 4-1 win!

Start as we mean to go on!
Smiffy16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2005, 22:59   #3
Accy Red

Cricket Challenge Champion!

2-1 Stanley

"At a football club, there's a holy trinity - the players, the manager and the supporters. Directors don't come into it. They're only there to sign cheques." - Bill Shankly
Bagpuss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2005, 23:02   #4
Member.

1 - 0 Stanley..........................

On - Stanley – On
- Who’s Laughing Now -
Doug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2005, 23:02   #5
God Member

3-1 Stanley
Old 07-08-2005, 05:59   #6

Us 3 - 1 Them
MichiganRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2005, 06:22   #7
Roy
Administrator

1 - 0 to Accrington
Roy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2005, 07:21   #8

Stanley 2 Canvey 0
Shurm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2005, 07:44   #9

Stanley 2-0 please.
Old 07-08-2005, 08:17   #10
Super Moderator

2-1 to the Stanley please, Jimbo.
Old 07-08-2005, 08:59   #11
Senior Member+

2-0 to Stanley, please

and can I have 2-1 Accy wins at both Alty and Cambs please?

That'll probably make us top of the league!
MikeA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2005, 10:23   #12

having seen canvey yesterday ill go for stanley 3 canvey 2
Old 07-08-2005, 11:16   #13
Senior Member+

That last post from Maindstoneaccy is slightly worrying - however I will go for a conservative 3-0 win to Stanley please

Piston broke owd geezer, Stanley supporter and shareholder, Retired and loving it
Addendum, the views I express on here are my own, if you don't like them: TOUGH!
Outback Ozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2005, 11:21   #14
God Member

After much thought and deliberation and a lot of soul searching and many hours of painstaking research I ahve come to the conclusion that the score will be 2-2
Old 07-08-2005, 11:23   #15
Senior Member+

Starting as you mean to go on then Kipax

Piston broke owd geezer, Stanley supporter and shareholder, Retired and loving it
Addendum, the views I express on here are my own, if you don't like them: TOUGH!
Outback Ozzy is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..