Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree32Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 28-08-2020, 21:11   #1
Senior Member+

Prediction League 2019/20 - The Final Countdown - and what about this season?

Points Per Game or As It Stands - Monkey Hanger Takes The Crown

The Prediction League Crown that is, not the pub ..... I was going to be funny and pretend someone who had P1 W1 or P1 D1 for an season's average (and total) of 3, 4 or 5 was our champion, but disappointingly nobody had done that.

So our champion is indeed Monkey Hanger, who did lead most of the way and finally won by 7 clear points from Accybeme and Valairian, despite having missed one game. Accybeme takes second spot on countback by virtue of having one more maxi (i.e. spot-on 5 point predictions), 3 plays 2. Noting MH had 5 ....

The final table (which is exactly the same as the one published after - long after - the Tranmere debacle) is attached, in case MH wants to frame it and hang it up in his loo. Anyone bothering to look at it will see we had 38 players over the season, 5 of whom only racked up 10 goes between them.

Which brings me to the next point - who's up for doing this again this season? The Wikipedia of The Crown, Div3North, seems prepared to waste hours of his valuable time putting together the opening threads again, and my post-match drivel isn't a problem, as long as I've got my spreadsheet with me to do the sums. But we would both happily go into retirement, if there wasn't a quorum of keen and eager would-be participants hanging on the first thread of the season ahead of the Peterborough game. So if you want to play, please say so in response to this thread - grovelling pleas will be especially welcome, and may even cause the powers-that-be (us) to be lenient with you in the event of you posting a minute after a 3 o'clock kick-off.

So it's roll on the Posh - maybe. Terribly terribly sad they got pushed out of the playoff places, no? Although I will miss going to Wycombe, I like it there and we win quite often. And how about a promotion party at Fratton Park on the last day of the seson? That I would enjoy, after a 20 minute walk from home.

On Stanley On!!
Attached Files
File Type: doc Final Table, 2019-20.doc (85.0 KB, 25 views)

Last edited by Chimer; 28-08-2020 at 21:12. Reason: Posted too soon!
Chimer is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 28-08-2020, 21:56   #2
Senior Member+

Re: Prediction League 2019/20 - The Final Countdown - and what about this season?

Please accept this grovelling plea to continue for next season!

As it's only 20 minutes away, how about a promotion party for us all back at your place after the Pompey game?
Div3North likes this.
MikeA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-08-2020, 05:48   #3
Senior Member+

Re: Prediction League 2019/20 - The Final Countdown - and what about this season?

Three cheers for both Chimer & Div3North for running this most unpredictable league,
I much appreciate all the work you both do on keeping us entertained through out the season, keep up the good work, Bob
accybeme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-08-2020, 07:38   #4
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

agree with accybeme love it.
Div3North likes this.
Old 29-08-2020, 08:08   #5
God Member

[QUOTE=Chimer;1243969]Points Per Game or As It Stands - Monkey Hanger Takes The Crown

So our champion is indeed Monkey Hanger, who did lead most of the way and finally won by 7 clear points from Accybeme and Valairian, despite having missed one game.

at least something good came out of last season for me. must be a first for any monkey hanger living or dead to recieve any kind of crown even a thorny one.
Div3North likes this.
monkey hanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-08-2020, 08:17   #6
Full Member+

Agree with Accybeme, fantastic effort by all involved and long may it continue.
MikeA, cashman, Div3North and 1 others like this.
StanleyJosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-08-2020, 08:19   #7
God Member

Seeing has I finished in my lowest ever position failing to register a win I need you to continue so I can rediscover my crystal ball.
Div3North likes this.
andyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-08-2020, 10:56   #8
God Member

Please keep doing this Gents, it is well worthwhile

18 Years in the Football League

https://onstanleyon.com/sean-mcconville-testimonial/
VALAIRIAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-08-2020, 15:46   #9
Senior Member+

I,m in and many thanks for the great job you do.
Div3North and monkey hanger like this.
ossy kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-08-2020, 15:55   #10
God Member

Yes, please carry on doing this - pretty please
Div3North and monkey hanger like this.
AccyMad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-08-2020, 16:40   #11

hope to make a better fist of things in the new season, provided two much appreciated chaps will again demonstrate their renowned expertise. Sometimes Div 3 North's report was the only thing we had to smile about on a Saturday afternoon. Grovel over.
MikeA and Div3North like this.
LongLostSon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-08-2020, 17:00   #12
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by LongLostSon View Post
Sometimes Div 3 North's report was the only thing we had to smile about on a Saturday afternoon.
Div3North is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-08-2020, 17:38   #14
Senior Member+

I'm in guys and I'll attempt to motivate Ange B a tad more!!!! But in all honesty huge thanks to you both for keeping this going!
monkey hanger likes this.
Old 01-09-2020, 07:27   #15
Full Member+

Really enjoyed it last season so its a yes for me please.
monkey hanger likes this.
Watchdog is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..