Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree11Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-08-2010, 23:11   #61
Senior Member+

Re: Prediction League Game 1; Aldershot (home)

I suppose I'd better remember to play, since I'm involved setting the game up ..........

Stanley 3 Aldershot 0, methinks, if you please Chimer ..........
Div3North is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 07-08-2010, 07:40   #62

Stanley 0 Aldershot 2
stanleyhouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2010, 11:11   #63

Stanley 1 Aldershot 2
Footy Nut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2010, 11:33   #64
Senior Member+

Suppose I'd better not forget myself - Stanley 2 Shots 1, a firm maybe.
Old 07-08-2010, 11:43   #65
Member.

Good Luck today lads and have a fantastic season.

2 - 1 to Stanley please. On, Stanley On!

On - Stanley – On
- Who’s Laughing Now -
Doug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2010, 16:52   #66
Senior Member+

Game 1 Results:

Didn't we do well (not)

61 entries - pre-season optimism leading to 37 opting for a Stanley win, 12 rational people going for the draw and another 12 pessimists voting against.

So - 12 correctly predicting the draw, but only 2 with the correct 0-0 scoreline.

So take a bow, bdc and CmonStanley

When I first put the result into my spreadsheet it put Teach on top of the table with 102 points, but I decided not to believe that

I'll look to publish a full table after 3 games - which gives me a bit longer to work out how to do it.

Thanks for playing, hope to hear from you all next week.
choirboy likes this.
Old 07-08-2010, 18:32   #67
Accy Red

Cricket Challenge Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimer View Post
I'll look to publish a full table after 3 games - which gives me a bit longer to work out how to do it.
That's a little joke right?

"At a football club, there's a holy trinity - the players, the manager and the supporters. Directors don't come into it. They're only there to sign cheques." - Bill Shankly
Bagpuss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2010, 19:27   #68
Senior Member+

Quote:
I'll look to publish a full table after 3 games - which gives me a bit longer to work out how to do it..
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bagpuss View Post
That's a little joke right?
..... to work out how to persuade Bill Gates' magic to do it for me instead of doing it by hand .....

It'll be ready next week (or the week after )
Old 07-08-2010, 20:01   #69
Accy Red

If you want to save time just use Jimbo's format, he used Word, simple layout but it worked, it will give you some time to sort your own out.

"At a football club, there's a holy trinity - the players, the manager and the supporters. Directors don't come into it. They're only there to sign cheques." - Bill Shankly
Old 07-08-2010, 20:43   #70
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bagpuss View Post
If you want to save time just use Jimbo's format, he used Word, simple layout but it worked, it will give you some time to sort your own out.
Hi Baggy

I probably will use Jimbo's format but what takes the time is working out how to compare the actual score with 60 odd guesses recorded over the previous week, score them according to the rules and produce a table covering all the weeks of the season to date, all automatically. Word doesn't do any of that for you.

It's easy to do it by hand as a one-off but over 46 games the effort to automate is well worth it. Excel can do what's needed, if I get it right, and the fun for me is in getting it right (I know, I should get out more). So far I've got to the stage where I can get your names and the total points out in the right order, but I also want to be able to add the extra columns Jimbo provided.

Which will take a little longer ...
Old 07-08-2010, 20:46   #71
Senior Member+

Quote:
Hi Baggy

I probably will use Jimbo's format but what takes the time is working out how to compare the actual score with 60 odd guesses recorded over the previous week, score them according to the rules and produce a table covering all the weeks of the season to date, all automatically. Word doesn't do any of that for you.

It's easy to do it by hand as a one-off but over 46 games the effort to automate is well worth it. Excel can do what's needed, if I get it right, and the fun for me is in getting it right (I know, I should get out more). So far I've got to the stage where I can get your names and the total points out in the right order, but I also want to be able to add the extra columns Jimbo provided.

Which will take a little longer ...
Cart on Chimer!
Div3North is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2010, 21:13   #72
Accy Red

Chimer tell me about it, I run a fantasy football comp with over 60 enteries so I know what you're doing, get them macros set up right lol

Old 09-08-2010, 17:28   #73
Full Member+

Chimer - believe the spreadsheet!!! 102 points!!!
teach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-04-2022, 19:25   #74
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Div3North View Post
Accrington Stanley

V

Aldershot Town

Prediction League – Game 1; v Aldershot (home)

Aldershot Town FC has had a busy summer of signings (sound familiar?), manager Kevin Dillon having added former Ashford Town winger Jermaine McGlashan, centre half Clayton Fortune from Conference South side Weston-Super-Mare, 20-year-old right-sided defender Aaron Morris from Cardiff City, winger/striker Wade Small , who played last season with League 2 rivals Chesterfield, striker Damien Spencer from Kettering Town, Manny Panther (who played for Morecambe last season on loan), Luke Gutteridge from Northampton, left back Jamie Vincent from Swindon and centre half Darren Jones from Hereford Utd to their squad.

We met 6 times in the Conference between 2003 and 2006; in 03/04 it was one win each, 04/05 it was two draws, but in 05/06 we did the double, 3-2 at our place and 4-1 at theirs. Excluding Conference games, we’ve played them four times since they returned to the league two seasons ago; in 08/09 we lost on the opening day of the season 1-0, and then lost the return game at the end of February 3-1 (Craig Lindfield scoring our goal); last season we again lost 3-1 at the EBB Stadium (Phil Edwards), but beat them 2-1 on a Tuesday night at the end of January with goals from Proccie and Billy Whizz. They finished the season 6th on 72 points (9 places and 11 points above us) but lost both legs of the Play Off games against Rotherham; they scored 69 (joint 5th) and conceded 56 (9th). We scored 62 (joint 9th) and conceded 74 (beaten only by Darlington’s 87)

As always the deadline for entries is scheduled kick-off time, that is 3pm on Saturday 7th August.

Good luck to eveyone ………… and thanks for playing!
Seems like just last week.............

choirboy likes this.

18 Years in the Football League

https://onstanleyon.com/sean-mcconville-testimonial/
VALAIRIAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-04-2022, 20:25   #75
Senior Member+

Not to me ….. :-)
MikeA, choirboy and DaveinGermany like this.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..