Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By DaveinGermany

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 19-01-2013, 12:39   #1
Senior Member+

Prediction League Table Update

Apologies for the break in service - family issues. Happy New Year .

This update covers four games, from Rotherham through to Aldershot - not the happiest part of my holiday period, with one glorious exception .

Very even prediction split for the Millers game – 11 for us, 10 for the draw, 12 (correctly) for them, of whom Valairian (inevitably) and Yerself took the full 5 points. A few other bonus points around, mostly for Craig’s first half equaliser. So after this one, everything was suddenly spread out at the top of the prediction league, with Val 4 points clear of Ossy Kid and NigeB a further 5 behind in 3rd. Enough said about that one I think ……

Turning to happier days, the snake factor made more of us follow heart instead of head on New Year’s Day – 20 cockeyed optimists compared with 6 drawmongers and 11 realists – and isn’t it nice when optimism is rewarded ! The least optimistic optimists were Mike A and Stanleyhouse, picking up max 5s, with extra single bonuses for me and Accybeme for backing our clean sheet (thank you Mr Belford). Lots of BPs for those predicting a single Stanley goal in a defeat or a draw.

None of our top 3 were feeling optimistic, but Ossy Kid and Nige B each got a BP whilst Val didn’t, so closed up on him. Quite a bit of shuffling around in the Top 20 though.

So of course that made us even more cockeyed for the Dagger in our hearts – 33 for us, just 1 (guess who ?) for them and 4 for the draw. Half a dozen people, including Val, got their 2 right, but nobody predicted we’d be firing blanks all afternoon. 4 for Val, 1 for a few, lead restored and then some, confidence shattered for the Shots game?

Well not really – tempered maybe, 18 for us, 11 for the draw and 9 for them. Of the Top Ten, only Nige B joined Val in the camp of reverse psychology, realism and pointscoring, pushing himself up to just a point behind Ossy Kid, but now 12 behind Val . Norwich Stanley was the other big mover, up from 12th to 5th equal. Top 50 table attached in 100 meg chunks …….

No Wombles game now, which might just have given us scope to get our confidence back. We don’t half need a successful trip to the Devon Riviera next Saturday.

On Stanley On!!
Attached Files
File Type: doc Top 25, 12 Jan 13.doc (73.0 KB, 33 views)
File Type: doc 26-50, 12 Jan 13.doc (73.0 KB, 13 views)
Old 19-01-2013, 14:15   #2
Resting in Peace

Re: Prediction League Table Update

I've dropped down the table because I missed so many matches when I was in dock
jaysay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-01-2013, 14:30   #3
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysay View Post
I've dropped down the table because I missed so many matches when I was in dock
No, it's cos you're crap at predicting scores !
Old 19-01-2013, 15:50   #4
Senior Member+

If you want to discuss "self-belief", without thinking I clicked on 26th - 50th to find where I was in the table. Apparently I'm 14th. I just automatically assumed I was rubbish ............
Div3North is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-01-2013, 09:22   #5
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveinGermany View Post
No, it's cos you're crap at predicting scores !
I actually think I'm not bad Dave really, think I had 26 points and missed 12 games, would probably have got 7 or 8 right if I'm have been home
jaysay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-01-2013, 10:43   #6
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
I actually think I'm not bad Dave really, think I had 26 points and missed 12 games, would probably have got 7 or 8 right if I'm have been home
Well lets be honest,aint many people would say they are crap.
Old 20-01-2013, 12:42   #7
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

Quote:
Oooh look at that !
Attached Images
File Type: gif Pig_flies 1.gif (6.9 KB, 3 views)
Stevie R likes this.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..