Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 20-08-2005, 12:41   #46

Re: Predictions for Cambridge Away...

1-0 to the stanley boys please
Kisser is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 20-08-2005, 20:24   #47

Talking Re: Predictions for Cambridge Away...

Righto - the Prediction League table has been updated to include the Cambridge result. Only one winner this week disappointingly predicting a 3-1 win for Cambridge - which was Shurm - well done and I hope you are proud of youself You can see the updated table in the usual thread near the top of the forum... Not sure if Loweiy is serious about 1-0 for every game all season so I will speak to him but thats the prediction I took from him for this Cambridge game. I am also assuming that Willie Miller 05 and Willie Miller are one in the same...

Thanks again to everyone for playin - 3 weeks into it and already 50 different people have had a go

Jimbo T blower

Born and Bred in Accrington - You cant BUY class

"We invented the big time now we're back in the big time" ( Loweiy circa 2006 )

AND THATS WHERE WE'RE STAYIN!!!!
Jimbo T Hornblower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-08-2005, 21:30   #48
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimbo T Hornblower
Not sure if Loweiy is serious about 1-0 for every game all season
Why not? I predicted 2-1 for every match last season and won it! Doesn't seems to be working as well this season, though.
Old 21-08-2005, 12:08   #49

Unhappy Re: Predictions for Cambridge Away...

I hope this is a windup!! (its not April 1st yet is it??)

Yes I havent got a problem with that - the point is at least you came on every week and posted your 2-1 prediction - wouldnt be interesting or fair if everyone came on sayin right I cant be arsed posting a prediction every week so take this scoreline every week and I will come back at the end of the season to see if Ive won a Stanley store voucher...

Having just read Kipaxs prediction in the Exeter thread as well, I might just add a small addendum to the rules before anyone else decides to tek the mick whereby you HAVE to post in the current thread for a prediction to count (which basically is what rule number 1 says) unless you physically cant because of being on holiday or sumat, and I KNOW Kipax and Loweiy wouldnt be on holiday for the footy season so dont try that one on lads!!!

In such cases like this though, people just give me their predictions for the next few games they wont be able to post for like they have been doing (for a recent example, MikeA). Im sorry but Im putting my foot down here - Im not doing all this work just for people to turn round and say give me 1-0 or 2-0 every week just coz I cant be arsed doing a 2 minute thing and then do the league tables for me all season which takes longer than 2 minutes I can tell ya... Isnt part of this thing about interaction??? I thought the whole point of the game was to assess our next opponents and give a prediction for the result?? If you think Stanley are going to honestly get 42 2-1 wins, 2-2 draws or 1-0 wins then thats fine but its hardly in the spirit of things....

So the answer is no - if you cant be arsed to post something that takes 2 minutes to do once (maybe twice) a week, I cant be arsed taking the same scoreline from you every game for the rest of the season.. Simple as...

Jimbo T blower

Last edited by Jimbo T Hornblower; 21-08-2005 at 12:09.
Old 21-08-2005, 12:28   #50

well said jimbo couldnt agree more and im sure if they are on holiday and they PM you before they go you will put them in
Old 21-08-2005, 13:19   #51

Talking Re: Predictions for Cambridge Away...

Of course - just done that very thing for MikeA...

Jimbo T blower

Old 21-08-2005, 16:45   #52
Super Moderator

OK, fair enough, Jimbo, point taken, I'm going to be varying my score in this most unpredictable of seasons anyway.
Old 21-08-2005, 18:12   #53

Smile Re: Predictions for Cambridge Away...

Vary your score - dont vary your score - its up to you - the main point Im trying to make is that you posted every week.

Jimbo T blower

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..