Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 13-07-2004, 13:54   #16
Full Member+

Re: premiership players

I wonder what type of wage these ex-premiership players will be wanting. JK was refused an increase in his wages of £100/week, so Eric is hardly likely to break the bank for these players and nor should he.
Whalley Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 13-07-2004, 14:44   #17
I am Banned

I was posting it on the Burnley message board because people keep wanting to know were the players that have been released are now......

And i didnt tell anyone on this message board, you found out for yourselves by someone else posting it........
Fearon1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-07-2004, 14:59   #18
Super Moderator

Do you have to have it spelt out to you? It was supposed to be kept SECRET. Coley didn't want anyone else to know, because he didn't want to alert other clubs to these players. You, and you alone, caused the problem in the first place by posting it on a Burnley messageboard. I'll bet nobody at the club ever tells you anything in confidence again...and who can blame them?
Wynonie Harris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-07-2004, 15:11   #19
I am Banned

Ur rong there mate......
Every club in the country gets a list of all the players that are on a free and how they can contact them... so i think they will be well aware of the players on a free
Old 13-07-2004, 15:27   #20
Super Moderator

Quote from John Coleman on the offcial site: "To be honest we would prefer to keep it quiet until we have had a chance to speak to the players, otherwise there is always the danger that somebody else will sneak in before you."

Quote from tonight's Telegraph: "The defender and goalkeeper whose identities the Reds boss wants to keep a closely guarded secret for fear of them being coaxed elsewhere..."

Still, if you know better than Coley...
Old 13-07-2004, 15:37   #21
I am Banned

I wiss say it again.........

EVERY CLUB IN ENGLAND GETS A LIST OF ALL THE PLAYERS THAT ARE AVAILABLE FOR FREE.... cant beleive you didnt already know that
Old 13-07-2004, 15:47   #22
Senior Member+

maybe but if a division 3 club see that someone like may will go to stanley then they might swoop.....
AccyStanFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-07-2004, 15:52   #23

Premiership goalkeeper with international experience sounds great but rumours seem a bit flowery to me
Old 13-07-2004, 15:55   #24
Super Moderator

The fact remains that Coley didn't want their identities leaking. That's why you were told in confidence. You betrayed that confidence. How do you plead?
Old 13-07-2004, 15:55   #25
I am Banned

If a club wants a player they will approach him... they won't wait to see who else offers first.....
Old 13-07-2004, 16:00   #26
Senior Member+

when rivaldo was on about goin bolton a few premiership clubs showed interest.......they already knew he was on a free but they didnt realise hed go anyone like bolton.......
AccyStanFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-07-2004, 16:07   #27
I am Banned

well put it this way.... they are on trial we are not going to sign them before wednesday they are just on a trial, so on wednesday everyone will no about the 2 players and thats before we have signed them...
what they gonna do on wednesday disguise them so Rochdale dont know who they are so they dont offer (even though they are well aware that they are both on a free).
Old 13-07-2004, 16:17   #28
Super Moderator

OK, mate, fair enough. Coley and the club are wrong. You're right. Happy?
Old 13-07-2004, 16:21   #29
I am Banned

very funny.......

and i didnt say they were rong

so are you happy?
Old 13-07-2004, 16:25   #30
Super Moderator

Well, if you say there's no point keeping it a secret, and they're so keen to keep it under wraps they must be "rong", musn't they?

Happy? I'm ecstatic, mate, looking forward to the best season ever.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..