Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 14-07-2004, 11:52   #46
Junior Member+

Re: premiership players

It looks like David May in central defence. He said he was retiring from the game but Coley has changed his mind. He would be an .excellent signing.
Peelparker is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 14-07-2004, 12:09   #47
I am Banned

I wonder where bbc got the story from........
Fearon1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-07-2004, 13:04   #48

Probably from a reliable media source......
Old 14-07-2004, 13:22   #49
Super Moderator

Looks like they're not coming tonight anyway, according to tonight's Telegraph.
Wynonie Harris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-07-2004, 14:36   #50

Unhappy Re: premiership players

McEvilly on a mission
NEW Accrington Stanley signing Lee McEvilly is looking forward to turning friends into foes tonight.

The striker will square up to his former team-mates when the Reds entertain Coca-Cola League Two side Rochdale in their second pre-season friendly at the Interlink Express Stadium (kick-off 7.45pm).

And the 22-year-old is looking forward to building on the good start he made against Burnley on Saturday.

"I thought we played well at the weekend, especially in the first half," said McEvilly, who picked up the man of the match award after the game.

"It was nice to get that, but that's not what these games are about. It's about blending with the players and getting match fit."

He added: "I'm looking forward to the game tonight and seeing the lads again. I'm still in touch with Kevin Townson and Gareth Griffiths but it was just time to move on at the end of last season.

"It should be fun. Accrington have played pre-season friendlies with Rochdale before and they are usually good games.

"But at this stage it's not all about winning. It's just important to get used to kicking the ball and things like that.

"We haven't seen much of the balls yet in pre-season training so it's good to get games under our belts."

Meanwhile, Stanley's hopes of taking two former Premiership players on trial this week appear to have been dashed.

Manager John Coleman was aiming to field ex-Blackburn Rovers, Manchester United and Burnley central defender David May in tonight's friendly, as well as former Sheffield Wednesday goalkeeper Kevin Pressman.

However, Pressman has been signed by Coca Cola League Championship side Leicester City, while May has not been in touch with the club.

"We asked David to come in and do a couple of days training then play tonight, but he hasn't been back to us," Coleman said.

"It was the same situation with Pressman.

"But we've got quite enough players as it is at the moment."
Old 14-07-2004, 14:38   #51
Senior Member+

I still think Stanley need to rethink their Google Page Ranking strategies.

I don't see how all these false starts helps the image of the club. There appear to be too many people with large mouths.
Old 14-07-2004, 14:40   #52

I hope I'm wrong, but it appears we have "egged" ourselves again!
Old 14-07-2004, 16:06   #53

I agree - all this speculation that amounts to sweet f.a. is going to make us look stupid if it carries on much longer.
Old 14-07-2004, 17:23   #54
Senior Member+

Well according to the BBC sources, Kevin Pressman aint comin' to Stanley tonight or any other night, he@s just signed a one year deal with Leicester City.

Piston broke owd geezer, Stanley supporter and shareholder, Retired and loving it
Addendum, the views I express on here are my own, if you don't like them: TOUGH!
Outback Ozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-07-2004, 21:57   #55
Senior Member+

There is a train of thought that "There is no such thing as bad publicity" ?
simon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-07-2004, 09:04   #56

True, but look at how much publicity Jodie Marsh gets - I don't know about you but I know what I think of celebrity chasing, publicity seeking, thick as f**k little slappers like her.....
Old 15-07-2004, 09:28   #57
Senior Member+

I agree with you on the fact that some people that don't deserve to work at McDonalds are now highly paid "celebrities"..Hence my point.. But for the mass that hate "jodie marsh" there is an equally large number that love,admire and idolise her which would never have been the case without all that Publicity

How many people love Man U from all over the world ?????

How many people hate Man U from all over the world ?????

All a result of publicity...I agree that it is a sad reflection on life but it is a fact...

As stanley get bigger We will get more fan's and more enemies

Publicity is our freind and our enemy.........
simon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-07-2004, 14:02   #58
Junior Member+

who loves, admires and idolises Jodie Marsh...apart from her mother? sorry for straying from the point!!
Creweboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-07-2004, 14:32   #59
Senior Member+

I think the point has already been strayed from mate.

My view is that by constantly misleading the public/fans, then Stanley are in danger of being seen as a club who make a lot of noise, but do very little. It also makes us appear a very amateurish setup, which of course is the image we've tried very hard to get away from.

I believe that 'secret' negotiations should be kept secret and not 'leaked' out to all and sundry. The same goes for announcing signings before they are in the bag.
Old 15-07-2004, 17:33   #60

well said TM - also doesn't do the blood pressure much good when you suspect pies in the sky. Trouble is, we're all thirsty for latest info and perhaps management feel browbeaten into providing snippets.
LongLostSon is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..