Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree16Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 29-03-2015, 22:46   #16
Senior Member+

Re: Present Form.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revived Red View Post
The answer is there. Piero is a class act, I'm afraid that Kal isn't. After a reasonable first half against Newport, he had a very poor second half. His passes unerringly found a Newport player. Even in the first half, he committed more than one howler. With Maguire a non-event and Crooks a misfit, it was clear that our biggest threat on Friday would/should come from the wings. Speaking without a coaching badge, it seems to me that the best way to beat these lumbering ex-conference defenders is to attack them from the wings. Piero can do that - and I guess that Bruna can. But now we have yet another winger to put into the equation! It's all very mysterious to my simple mind.
Maybe the mystery is quite simple to solve.....Roll on next season...bye bye all you Beattie Boys hello all you Coley Boys.
Chubbyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 30-03-2015, 00:12   #17
Senior Member+

Quote:
The answer is there. Piero is a class act, I'm afraid that Kal isn't. After a reasonable first half against Newport, he had a very poor second half. His passes unerringly found a Newport player. Even in the first half, he committed more than one howler. With Maguire a non-event and Crooks a misfit, it was clear that our biggest threat on Friday would/should come from the wings. Speaking without a coaching badge, it seems to me that the best way to beat these lumbering ex-conference defenders is to attack them from the wings. Piero can do that - and I guess that Bruna can. But now we have yet another winger to put into the equation! It's all very mysterious to my simple mind.
That's how I saw it on Friday!!
Just a bit worried Terry is short on confidence at the moment and struggled to get in the game.
The only time he had a chance in the second half he took another touch instead of teeing off and the chance went.
When he's on his game that would have been first time on target.
football19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-03-2015, 10:06   #18

Don't worry, you've got Good Friday to look forward to.....

Christies Child is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-03-2015, 11:59   #19
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by football19 View Post
Just a bit worried Terry is short on confidence at the moment and struggled to get in the game.....When he's on his game that would have been first time on target.
Maybe he needs some competition for the striker's position? Oh, hang on, would that be Crooks as Gray is obviously not good enough?
On the Naismith / Bruna issue, haven't seen much of the latter (who has?) but does Bruna have a strong left foot?
football19 likes this.
Exile on Spencer St is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-03-2015, 12:26   #20
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

All we really know about Bruna is he looks promising, going off the bits we seen, Its one thing having a strong left foot, using it is the real measure.
Old 30-03-2015, 13:22   #21
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exile on Spencer St View Post
does Bruna have a strong left foot?
Naismith certainly does - but controlling it is a different matter altogether.
Revived Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-03-2015, 18:02   #22
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exile on Spencer St View Post
Maybe he needs some competition for the striker's position? Oh, hang on, would that be Crooks as Gray is obviously not good enough?
On the Naismith / Bruna issue, haven't seen much of the latter (who has?) but does Bruna have a strong left foot?
Crooks was a mistake,you could see we were desperate for a big hold up type player,didn't work,simple !!!
Bruna can play left or right and liverpool don't pay money for players who can't play !!
It's the physical side that is required that's the question mark,but he is quality.
Old 30-03-2015, 18:03   #23
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrankMoody View Post
Lets not forget he wasn't even 'good' enough to warrant a place on our bench!!

Btw just listened to the Coalman's after match interview, wow, how to win friends and influence people!!!!!

Methinks the pressure of being the messiah is weighing heavily.
Aye but hes more qualified as hes told us all in the L.E.T. tonight. and all those Rochdale Fans i know, that have said "The worst manager they ever had" aint qualified either.
smudgie likes this.
Old 30-03-2015, 18:09   #24
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christies Child View Post
Don't worry, you've got Good Friday to look forward to.....

What, you mean a first defeat by the Shrimps, that's what I forsee. Oh hang on, according to the messiah, I am not qualified lol
cashman likes this.

Piston broke owd geezer, Stanley supporter and shareholder, Retired and loving it
Addendum, the views I express on here are my own, if you don't like them: TOUGH!
Outback Ozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-03-2015, 18:14   #25
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrankMoody View Post
Lets not forget he wasn't even 'good' enough to warrant a place on our bench!!

Btw just listened to the Coalman's after match interview, wow, how to win friends and influence people!!!!!

Methinks the pressure of being the messiah is weighing heavily.
Was a mistake for me Frank putting Sean on bench as forward cover for Terry.
Think Grey is a better like for like replacement although Sean can play a number of roles.
Pressure keeping Accy competitive on a low budget is a different discussion,just ask Leam Richardson !!,he aged about ten years,even Cooky disappeared
Old 30-03-2015, 19:02   #26
God Member

No matter who manages the team the issues will remain the same, sometimes better the devil you know than don't which has been proven.

ACCRINGTON STANLEY MAD!

Stanleymad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-03-2015, 19:48   #27
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
Aye but hes more qualified as hes told us all in the L.E.T. tonight.
I looked at the reporters name and figured Coley probably hasn't even spoken to him
Old 30-03-2015, 20:39   #28
mab
God Member

Budapest Defenders Champion!
Fast Castle Defense Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lancsdave View Post
I looked at the reporters name and figured Coley probably hasn't even spoken to him
Hes been watching JC'sinterview with dan n put 2 n 2 together and still come up with his version
Stanleymad likes this.
Old 30-03-2015, 23:34   #29
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stanleymad View Post
No matter who manages the team the issues will remain the same
Can you be exact and say precisely what "the issues" are? Team selection, formation choice, timing and choice of substitutions, use (or non-use) of loan players, acquisition of loan players - these are all managerial decisions and would certainly NOT stay the same no matter who manages the team. Furthermore, these are all issues on which the club's budget has no bearing.
cashman likes this.
Revived Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2015, 10:42   #30
God Member

Quote:
Can you be exact and say precisely what "the issues" are? Team selection, formation choice, timing and choice of substitutions, use (or non-use) of loan players, acquisition of loan players - these are all managerial decisions and would certainly NOT stay the same no matter who manages the team. Furthermore, these are all issues on which the club's budget has no bearing.

I mean all the examples you mention will be critised by someone at some point - a general point rather than specific!

ACCRINGTON STANLEY MAD!

Stanleymad is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..