Accrington Web
   

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.


Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!



Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-08-2011, 12:06   #1
Full Member+
 

"Price of football" study

BBC Sport - Price of Football - League Two clubs

Some interesting results from this study, but mainly it dispels the notion that the price of football at the Crown Ground is amongst the cheapest in League 2.

The club sets the price for admission and programmes, so taking those two prices alone, only 12 of 23 teams in League 2 have a minimum adult price more expensive than at Stanley.

Only the pies at the Crown Ground are really cheap!

That was based on last year's prices ... is there any confirmation about 2011/12 gate prices? Surely they can't match the huge increase in season ticket prices?
Whalley Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 02-08-2011, 13:32   #2
Coffin Dodger.

 
cashman's Avatar
 
Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!
Addiction Solitaire Champion!

Re: "Price of football" study

well unless i'm blind theres only Hereford cheaper? n there pies are near double. lol
__________________
N.L.T.B.G.Y.D. Do not argue with an idiot, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
cashman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2011, 13:45   #3
Full Member+
 

Re: "Price of football" study

The prices in green are the lowest adult admission prices - nine L2 clubs have cheaper admission prices than Stanley. And only Leeds have a more expensive programme in all the four divisions in England and the SPL.
Whalley Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2011, 13:49   #4
Coffin Dodger.

 
cashman's Avatar
 
Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!
Addiction Solitaire Champion!

Re: "Price of football" study

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whalley Red View Post
The prices in green are the lowest adult admission prices - nine L2 clubs have cheaper admission prices than Stanley. And only Leeds have a more expensive programme in all the four divisions in England and the SPL.
Ahhh i am blind. only 3 progs are cheaper,they all seem the same ridiculous price, hence i never buy one.
__________________
N.L.T.B.G.Y.D. Do not argue with an idiot, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
cashman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2011, 14:16   #5
God Member
 
lancsdave's Avatar
 

Re: "Price of football" study

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whalley Red View Post
That was based on last year's prices ... is there any confirmation about 2011/12 gate prices? Surely they can't match the huge increase in season ticket prices?

Don't quote me but I think it's 16
__________________
www.giftprint.co.uk - T-shirt printing & more
lancsdave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2011, 14:19   #6
Senior Member+
 
Exile on Spencer St's Avatar
 

Re: "Price of football" study

Assuming an adult can get in at the cheapest concessionary price, and that a programme, pie and coffee are essential to the enjoyment of the match, then it's 3 less to go a watch Rovers than Stanley. And they give you a free frozen chicken when you leave.
Exile on Spencer St is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2011, 14:23   #7
Senior Member+
 
MikeA's Avatar
 

Re: "Price of football" study

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exile on Spencer St View Post
And they give you a free frozen chicken when you leave.
Is there a vegetarian option?
MikeA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2011, 14:25   #8
Coffin Dodger.

 
cashman's Avatar
 
Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!
Addiction Solitaire Champion!

Re: "Price of football" study

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exile on Spencer St View Post
Assuming an adult can get in at the cheapest concessionary price, and that a programme, pie and coffee are essential to the enjoyment of the match, then it's 3 less to go a watch Rovers than Stanley. And they give you a free frozen chicken when you leave.
True but its worth 3 to stand up.
__________________
N.L.T.B.G.Y.D. Do not argue with an idiot, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
cashman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2011, 14:55   #9
Senior Member+
 
MikeA's Avatar
 

Re: "Price of football" study

These figures don't stand up to scrutiny.

For example, Rotherham, Torquay and Plymouth are all shown as charging a minimum of 10 per match but, if you check their websites, tickets for their first home league matches are shown as 18, 17 and 20 respectively.

Possibly, they've given the over-60s price as the minimum or even a reduced price that they are charging for an isolated Carling Cup tie. We don't know what the clubs were asked to provide but, whatever the explanation, the table is just a nonsense and it's quite likely that Stanley's league prices are the lowest after all.

Yet another case of a sloppy journalist not bothering to check the facts properly?
MikeA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2011, 14:58   #10
Coffin Dodger.

 
cashman's Avatar
 
Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!
Addiction Solitaire Champion!

Re: "Price of football" study

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeA View Post
These figures don't stand up to scrutiny.

For example, Rotherham, Torquay and Plymouth are all shown as charging a minimum of 10 per match but, if you check their websites, tickets for their first home league matches are shown as 18, 17 and 20 respectively.

Possibly, they've given the over-60s price as the minimum or even a reduced price that they are charging for an isolated Carling Cup tie. We don't know what the clubs were asked to provide but, whatever the explanation, the table is just a nonsense and it's quite likely that Stanley's league prices are the lowest after all.

Yet another case of a sloppy journalist not bothering to check the facts properly?
seems very likely to me.
__________________
N.L.T.B.G.Y.D. Do not argue with an idiot, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
cashman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2011, 17:50   #11
Resting in Peace
 
jaysay's Avatar
 

Re: "Price of football" study

4 for a pie at the Emerates what a total bloody rip off
__________________
35 YEARS AND COUNTING
jaysay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2011, 17:55   #12
Senior Member+
 
Outback Ozzy's Avatar
 

Re: "Price of football" study

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exile on Spencer St View Post
Assuming an adult can get in at the cheapest concessionary price, and that a programme, pie and coffee are essential to the enjoyment of the match, then it's 3 less to go a watch Rovers than Stanley. And they give you a free frozen chicken when you leave.
Only for certain games probably no more than 2 or 3 otherwise, Rovers = rip off
__________________

Piston broke owd geezer, Stanley supporter and shareholder, Retired and loving it
Addendum, the views I express on here are my own, if you don't like them: TOUGH!
Outback Ozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2011, 18:00   #13
Resting in Peace
 
jaysay's Avatar
 

Re: "Price of football" study

Quote:
Originally Posted by Outback Ozzy View Post
Only for certain games probably no more than 2 or 3 otherwise, Rovers = rip off
The figures were taken over a season not an odd game or two
__________________
35 YEARS AND COUNTING
jaysay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2011, 19:14   #14
Senior Member+
 

Re: "Price of football" study

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysay View Post
The figures were taken over a season not an odd game or two
No so. Simon Williams clearly says that the Blackburn price of 10 relates only to some matches.

The whole survey is ludicrous. The opening paragraph suggests it is for the coming season - that cannot be correct. In many cases, like is not being compared with like.
Revived Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2011, 20:49   #15
God Member
 
maccawozzagod's Avatar
 

Re: "Price of football" study

Correct me if I'm wrong but the Clayton End standing was 13 last year was it not?
__________________
email brightvision@sky.com for all window cleaning quotes
maccawozzagod is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools



Other sites of interest.. More town sites..




All times are GMT. The time now is 18:08.


2003-2013 AccringtonWeb.com


Page generated in 0.27081 seconds with 11 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.1