Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-04-2009, 07:18   #1
Resting in Peace

Protest at Chester game

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Matthew
I didn't mean immediately MCR.

The club really needs to grow a pair. This will agitate many and could go as far as totally underming all marketing methods used recently to increase crowds.

Many will be disgusted if the forementioned play.

I'd rather play with 9 men to be honest.

Pay them but don't let them play, simple, it's a matter of principle.

Well said that man. Why can't the club see this and do the decent thing by suspending the pair of them? I didn't really agree with the Ultra's protest over the Mullin affair, although I fully respect their right to make their feelings known. This is a different kettle of fish.If these two are selected I would hope they will do something similar and would certainly join them in squatting for the whole game on Monday. I don't care if I don't see any of the match - I just dont want to see these two in a Stanley shirt until the case is heard, and I'm not so sure I could back them even if the case is not proven.
Posting this as a new thread, maybe the club will take more notice of the strength of feeling on this messageboard.
Redraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 09-04-2009, 08:03   #2
mab
God Member

Budapest Defenders Champion!
Fast Castle Defense Champion!

Re: Protest at Chester game

What about bombbarding the club with E-mails!!
Old 09-04-2009, 08:42   #3
Senior Member+

Excellent idea. I sent my email to Rob Heys yesterday.

I plan to contact the PFA today and urge them to request any clubs involved to take action by suspending the players. Surely it is in the interest of ALL professional footballers - those directly involved, their current team mates, and the whole profession.
Revived Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2009, 08:46   #4

out side the club next to the dressing rooms and club offices 15mins then 15mins after the games then in the club beer or soft drink
Grimps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2009, 12:54   #5

What happened to innocent until proven guilty?
Old 09-04-2009, 13:10   #6
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeeVarender View Post
What happened to innocent until proven guilty?
Can I suggest that you read the posts in the other thread on this topic.

The issue is not the innocence or guilt of the accused - it is the club's response to the situation. In any other profession, people charged with breaking the rules of their profession or other irregularity are suspended from work. Suspension involves no assumption of guilt - it is a professional response to the situation in which the individuals and employers find themselves.

We are expressing disappointment that the club has not suspended the individuals who have been charged. This would avoid any embarrassment to the individuals themselves, to their team mates, to the fans - and indeed to professional football.
Revived Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2009, 13:20   #7

I don't see how they cannot be guilty of placing the bets..

1) It has taken a year for the FA to publish the info
2) They have quoted how much each player has bet... very specific... £5 accumulator umm.
3) The FA wouldn't say the names of the player in public unless they knew exactly who had done what or they could be sued..

if they are playing on monday at home i will be joining any protests...
Old 10-04-2009, 18:01   #8

Noticed there was no Cav's column in the observer this week, even though Cav hasn't yet been proven guilty. So why should he or Williams play? Like Revived Red said, the club should suspend them in the intrests of everybody. Personally think they are guilty, Stanleyfan is spot on in those points.
BTLawson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2009, 16:08   #9

What about what about...

Getting behind the Stanley players who didnt place a bet, also The club EW Dave O'Neill Rob Heys Mark Turner and all the other Directors and everybody at The FES.

Seems to me that we are forgetting that the majority of the pro footballers at our club have never placed an illegal bet, yes i am brassed off with the Gamblers but my energy on Monday will be to get behind Coley and the lads and let the FA and possibly the Police sort out the other issue's.

Come on Stanley...
Give us the old gree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2009, 22:55   #10
Senior Member+

Yep, the more you deliberate about the why's & where for's of what they have done........

Come 3pm Saturday (or Monday) it really is im frigggin possible to think of anything but red & white thoughts.

Monday will be a riot

The Voice of the Terrace

www.stanleyultras.co.uk

Willie Miller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2009, 23:34   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Willie Miller View Post

Monday will be a riot
Better rethink about goin then cos we will get the blame again
deeayess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2009, 19:52   #12
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Give us the old gree View Post
What about what about...

Getting behind the Stanley players who didnt place a bet, also The club EW Dave O'Neill Rob Heys Mark Turner and all the other Directors and everybody at The FES.

Seems to me that we are forgetting that the majority of the pro footballers at our club have never placed an illegal bet, yes i am brassed off with the Gamblers but my energy on Monday will be to get behind Coley and the lads and let the FA and possibly the Police sort out the other issue's.

Come on Stanley...
Cannot agree more, lets get behind the club!!!!

18 Years in the Football League

https://onstanleyon.com/sean-mcconville-testimonial/
VALAIRIAN is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2009, 20:31   #13
Super Moderator

Surely, arguing about this is totally pointless, as it's a completely personal decision for each fan and no one is going to be swayed by what they read on here.

Those who want to go tomorrow will go, those who want to stay away will stay away. I just want to get through the next couple of weeks as quickly as possible, then we can get back to normality (or as normal as it ever gets at Stanley!).
Old 12-04-2009, 20:46   #14
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wynonie Harris View Post
Surely, arguing about this is totally pointless, as it's a completely personal decision for each fan and no one is going to be swayed by what they read on here.

Those who want to go tomorrow will go, those who want to stay away will stay away. I just want to get through the next couple of weeks as quickly as possible, then we can get back to normality (or as normal as it ever gets at Stanley!).
Agree 100%, excellent point

ACCRINGTON STANLEY MAD!

Stanleymad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-04-2009, 00:06   #15
Senior Member+

Stanley Ultras will make a point..... a 30ft point!

Then 90 mins of chaos

The Voice of the Terrace

www.stanleyultras.co.uk

Willie Miller is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..