Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree55Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 13-01-2017, 20:36   #16
God Member

Re: Q&A with Andy Holt

If you mean the lad whose goal & assist for our second got us into the fourth round of the FA cup last week, then no we didn't - he came on a free transfer from Chester
AccyMad is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 13-01-2017, 21:00   #17
Senior Member+

Back to the questions

Please ask him if/when proper communication channels will be opened between club and fans. Instead of making announcements to the select few via twitter, would it not be better to put time and thought into establishing effective communication?

As a current example, why are we relying on a very helpful Boro fan to provide information about tickets for the cup game?
AccyMad, mab and Chrisr like this.
Revived Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-01-2017, 21:10   #18
mab
God Member

Budapest Defenders Champion!
Fast Castle Defense Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by st06nc2 View Post
Sure we paid for golden boy's return aswell
Quote:
AccyMad

If you mean the lad whose goal & assist for our second got us into the fourth round of the FA cup last week, then no we didn't - he came on a free transfer from Chester
RE-SIGNED FOR Stanley arrives for an undisclosed fee from Conference club Chester. McConville returns ? Accrington Stanley
cashman likes this.
Old 14-01-2017, 08:13   #19
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revived Red;1185259
Back to the question ]
You should know there's only one question on here, Bernard.
Exile on Spencer St is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-01-2017, 08:48   #20
Super Moderator

Bernard;

I'll answer the Boro question;

The home club set the prices ( Boro have done) ASFC then follow on. The Board are currently working on the EXACT selling strategy.

When the Board decide this then our Media team can announce.

What's the rush???

We can have a massive allocation from them and we've 2 vital EFL games prior to then??

Boro have announced there plan; as they've dozens of staff and basically sent an e-mail and said we're annoucing the date and their prices in 15 minutes time.
mab likes this.
Mr T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-01-2017, 08:59   #21
God Member

agree mr.t some seem to want info about the game 10 mins. after the draw. do hope however that tickets will be sold BEFORE the carlisle game and not have to wait till the end of the game.
monkey hanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-01-2017, 09:09   #22
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkey hanger View Post
agree mr.t some seem to want info about the game 10 mins. after the draw. do hope however that tickets will be sold BEFORE the carlisle game and not have to wait till the end of the game.
its the inconvenience that annoys people,and things are not difficult or costly to correct.
Wynonie Harris likes this.
Old 14-01-2017, 11:09   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
its the inconvenience that annoys people,and things are not difficult or costly to correct.
Or the come back during office hours or after the game when you try to buy on a match day. Like we can all manage that with no fuss.
deeayess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-01-2017, 11:30   #24
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by deeayess View Post
Or the come back during office hours or after the game when you try to buy on a match day. Like we can all manage that with no fuss.
Its exactly the same with the 50-50 result, i know its posted on the office window, but i do not exit in that direction, so if sherry dont post it on here it makes me wonder why i bother buying em? its simple to put result on the fishy, i have been complaining for many months including last season, has anyone bothered to sort such a simple thing, as there hell.
Chrisr likes this.
Old 14-01-2017, 12:06   #25

The link on the Fishy site for news on 'FA Cup tickets', is still inviting people to join them in the sports bar for the 4th round draw, laughable 5 days on!
Lord Stiffupperlip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-01-2017, 17:20   #26
Full Member+

This is where the club lets itself down badly. the things cashy mentioned should have been done months ago and would cost nothing. The ticket coordination is amateur at best, These problems should be non-existent these days. it is the small things that don't cost much to put right that makes a big difference. I will leave it at that for now.
Chrisr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-01-2017, 19:03   #27
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr T View Post
What's the rush???
I'll answer that one first. There are 2 reasons for the rush. Firstly, a personal reason. Once the announcement is made, I'll have to liaise with my daughter-in-law who lives in Yorkshire and who will want to come to the game. Secondly, Stanley does not have a wonderful record in fulfilling arrangements. Please remember, Mark, that I had two fruitless days of trying to contact the club to get my ticket for the Luton game - and I never did get my season ticket seat even though I did my utmost to do what the club wanted. We do not know yet if tickets will be posted out or collected at the Riverside. Assuming the latter, we have 10 working days. 2 days taken out of that is 20% of the time lost. If the tickets are to be posted, we have 6 working days - and 2 days out of that is 33% of the time. Sorry if it seems a rush.

Quote:
Bernard;

The home club set the prices ( Boro have done) ASFC then follow on. The Board are currently working on the EXACT selling strategy.

We can have a massive allocation from them and we've 2 vital EFL games prior to then??

Boro have announced there plan; as they've dozens of staff and basically sent an e-mail and said we're annoucing the date and their prices in 15 minutes time.
I'm not sure I understand that last point. Generally, though, this is all about professionalism. We all laugh at the "next week" syndrome - but it doesn't go away. I am pleased to see that some thought is being given, as you say, to the EXACT selling strategy.
Revived Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-01-2017, 20:01   #28

Quote:
Bernard;

What's the rush???

Would this be a pre sale for season ticket holders first then after a few days go on general sale or perhaps we could decide that the away end holds around 3000 and we couldn't sell them all at a tenner for three so everybody gets to buy one straight away?

Or is it to decide how hard they can make it to buy one for people who can't just rock up to the ground through the week?

It's hardly rocket science for the numbers involved.
baldy and Chrisr like this.
deeayess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-01-2017, 16:40   #29
God Member

~Any more for any more? I'll be collating these later on tonight and sending off tomorrow.

Outback Ozzy, you said you were sending me a PM but I haven't got it bud
Old 16-01-2017, 17:12   #30
God Member

Could you ask Mr. Holt if he's aware of the web site of AFC Fylde, and particularly the brilliant ticket purchasing/ seat selection element, and, if not enough money is raised for the Advertising Screen, would he consider putting what has been raised towards an improved on-line ticketing process for Stanley.

Also, include me in any vote of thanks to him for all he's done and doing for the Club.
Chrisr likes this.
Exile on Spencer St is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..