Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree55Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 20-02-2017, 10:27   #46
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Re: Q&A with Andy Holt

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkey hanger View Post
wasn,t having a go at the shop assistant it was another gripe at the clubs ticket selling system and the inability to do more than one job at a time.
As far as i'm concerned its about time they got their act in order, they keep on about attracting more people to watch, which we all know they need, yet do not encourage things one iota in my eyes. very poor.
monkey hanger likes this.
Old 20-02-2017, 23:19   #47

Not sure about that Cashy. One of the reasons I fell in love with Stanley was because the club has seemingly shunned the cold, professional way of doing things. Instead, a friendly, well meaning muddling-by attitude made us feel much more at home.

I'm sure having to spend an extra 5 minutes at the end of a match buying a ticket is nowt in the grand scheme of things, even though I understand how things are done can be a bit of a puzzle at times.
Lord Didsbury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-02-2017, 06:24   #48

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Didsbury View Post
Not sure about that Cashy. One of the reasons I fell in love with Stanley was because the club has seemingly shunned the cold, professional way of doing things. Instead, a friendly, well meaning muddling-by attitude made us feel much more at home.

I'm sure having to spend an extra 5 minutes at the end of a match buying a ticket is nowt in the grand scheme of things, even though I understand how things are done can be a bit of a puzzle at times.
It is if you have a train to catch at 5.23 to get home at a reasonable time and I'm not the only one
deeayess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-02-2017, 06:50   #49
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by deeayess View Post
It is if you have a train to catch at 5.23 to get home at a reasonable time and I'm not the only one
Thats an issue that far too many do not take into account,
Old 21-02-2017, 07:45   #50
Senior Member+

Quote:
I'm sure having to spend an extra 5 minutes at the end of a match buying a ticket is nowt in the grand scheme of things.
Deeayess has pointed out why you are totally wrong. Catching that 5.23 train is absolutely vital for those of us who travel a distance.

Anyway, it is unlikely to be "an extra 5 minutes". That would be ok if there was just one person - but it is more likely to be at least 15 minutes if there is a queue.

It's time for you to get back into the real world, Lord D.
cashman and monkey hanger like this.
Revived Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-02-2017, 15:57   #51

In the real world, Revived Red, small companies don't always have the resources of a large one. What they lack in efficiency they often make up with in other ways. I'm sure it's handy to have a burger served in a minute in McDonalds, but wouldn't you rather wait an hour for something edible?

Is missing your train due to inefficient a regular thing or just something that might possibly happen to someone who you once heard about that probably drove there?

Progress has been made, Rome was not built in a day.
Old 21-02-2017, 16:08   #52
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
In the real world, Revived Red, small companies don't always have the resources of a large one. What they lack in efficiency they often make up with in other ways. I'm sure it's handy to have a burger served in a minute in McDonalds, but wouldn't you rather wait an hour for something edible?

Is missing your train due to inefficient a regular thing or just something that might possibly happen to someone who you once heard about that probably drove there?

Thats pig ignorant the guy comes up from Bristol regular.
Old 21-02-2017, 16:20   #53
Senior Member+

Quote:
What are you on?

I do not understand a word of that.

Let me spell it out as simply as I can.

1. Train leaves Accrington at 5.23.
2. To ensure I do not miss that train, taxi is booked for 5pm prompt.
3. How can I collect a ticket for a future game at 5pm if taxi is booked for 5pm?

I do hope that that is helpful for you.
Revived Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-02-2017, 16:26   #54

Quote:

Given the choice of not getting home until after midnight or go hungry then it's go hungry. Not everyone has the luxury or a good transport network. And my option is so tight it's not even timetabled as an option if I were to book.
deeayess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-02-2017, 08:01   #55
God Member

its nowt to do with trains etc. its just common sense to sell something when people want it and not have the gall to more or less say you can get it when its conveniant to us. its hardly what they say is rocket science to sell two types of ticket at once. remember talking to an old employee of a local bus company who stated they had two different types of ticket to issue on a certain route and it depended on the destination for which type they got. god help some at stanley if they were a post war clippy.
monkey hanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-02-2017, 14:33   #56

I see no reason why those fans who travel from afar can't order (& pay) by telephone prior to any home game, so that their ticket(s) can be collected from the office/shop before the game.
We can't afford to put obstacles in the way of generating income, let alone upset loyal fans.
Surely this is not beyond the managements capabilities, even at Accrington Stanley?
Lord Stiffupperlip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-02-2017, 14:50   #57
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Aye but that would using commonsense.
Old 22-02-2017, 18:00   #58
Full Member+

I have suggested the way to do this for some time. However some on here think it is beyond the capability of man to change the way we sell tickets etc. But I am not wasting my time any further. Some people are just stuck in the 60s way of doing things.
Chrisr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-02-2017, 18:45   #59

Calm down gentlemen.
Monkey Hanger reported one bloke was asked to buy a ticket after the match. Is that what happens all the time? The way I've seen things I would imagine if the person had a taxi booked for 5pm and explained that then a ticket may have been forthcoming.
Maybe due to one reason or another, like being the smallest club in the league that there was a staff shortage?

I'm not saying it's great that there are inefficiencies, and I am not dismissing Revived Red's commitment to the cause. Merely saying that Andy Holt is sorting things out, but in the meantime I'm sure there's some quirks we can put up with?
Old 22-02-2017, 18:49   #60
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Calm down gentlemen.
Monkey Hanger reported one bloke was asked to buy a ticket after the match. Is that what happens all the time?
Yes it does and its been explained to em, but has made no difference at all, make all the excuses yeh want but its pathetic and inexcusable imho. i'm even aware of an instance were a guy who is not a regular tried to buy one pre-match, but was told to return after 5-00 needless to say he never bothered, what a way to attract more fans!!

Last edited by cashman; 22-02-2017 at 18:51.
cashman is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..