Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree55Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 23-02-2017, 13:50   #61
Senior Member+

Re: Q&A with Andy Holt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Didsbury View Post
Calm down gentlemen.
Monkey Hanger reported one bloke was asked to buy a ticket after the match. Is that what happens all the time? The way I've seen things I would imagine if the person had a taxi booked for 5pm and explained that then a ticket may have been forthcoming.
Maybe due to one reason or another, like being the smallest club in the league that there was a staff shortage?
The problem is, Lord D, that you are commenting on something without knowing the first thing about it.

So that you are no longer in your state of blissful ignorance, let me briefly explain.

Context: tickets for Luton cup game.
Club request: out-of-town season ticket holders to ring on specified day(s) to obtain ticket for reserved seat.
Action 1: phone call(s) made as requested; no answer; messages left; no return phone call.
Action 2: request ticket in person at Saturday game; told to ask at reception; at reception, refused entry and told to ask at shop; at shop, told to ask at reception; at reception, told to come back at 5pm; pointed out that taxi was booked for 5pm; told to come back at 5pm; pointed out AGAIN that taxi booked for 5pm; told no tickets sold before 5pm; asked how I could obtain ticket; told (curtly) that she would have to get MD; MD arrives and sells me ticket (but not for my season ticket seat).

As I have suggested before, it's time for you to abandon your pontificating and get into the real world.

And I apologise to other readers of this forum; I would not normally go into such excruciating detail. But I am reluctant to let Lord Didsbury get away with his naively simplistic views.
AccyMad and monkey hanger like this.
Revived Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 23-02-2017, 14:11   #62
God Member

What a tail, RR! Have they secretly nationalised Stanley without telling anyone? That palaver was as bad as trying to get a phone installed in the 'good old days' of the GPO.

Something is clearly wrong when staff working for a business have to call on the MD to sell something that's on sale. If that happened in a shop, there'd be only one person to blame, and it wouldn't be the shop assistant.
Have the staff been given no incentive/encouragement to sell, or told not to sell a particular item? Have they been taken on and given no training? Even if the assistant was being deliberately being obstructive, it means his/her boss has appointed, and retains, someone who is killing the business.
As I've said before, I've only ever found the folk in the shop/office more than helpful so I'm surprised and disappointed to read about your ordeal.
Exile on Spencer St is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-02-2017, 14:35   #63

The purpose of a greengrocer is to sell you spuds!
The sole purpose of any football club should be to.......SELL TICKETS!
Time to get it sorted Mr Holt.
cashman and monkey hanger like this.
Lord Stiffupperlip is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 23-02-2017, 14:45   #64
I am Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Stiffupperlip View Post
The purpose of a greengrocer is to sell you spuds!
The sole purpose of any football club should be to.......SELL TICKETS!
Time to get it sorted Mr Holt.
I thought the purpose of a football club was to play football
st06nc2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-02-2017, 14:56   #65

Quote:
Originally Posted by st06nc2 View Post
I thought the purpose of a football club was to play football
Of course, but you need to sell an admission ticket first!
From the evidence on here, the club seem to excel at making it as difficult as possible for their fans.
Old 23-02-2017, 15:02   #66
I am Banned

Don't see why people just don't buy them at the booth on the day were hardly going to sell out are we
st06nc2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-02-2017, 15:26   #67
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Don't see why people just don't buy them at the booth on the day were hardly going to sell out are we
Do yeh not grasp whats actually going on?
KiTChener and Chrisr like this.
Old 23-02-2017, 18:54   #68
Senior Member+

Quote:
Because the club arranged things differently. Simples.
KiTChener likes this.
Old 23-02-2017, 18:58   #69
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
Do yeh not grasp whats actually going on?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Revived Red View Post
Because the club arranged things differently. Simples.
Bit difficult for some to grasp!!
KiTChener and Chrisr like this.
Old 24-02-2017, 07:52   #70
God Member

As I've said before, I've only ever found the folk in the shop/office more than helpful so I'm surprised and disappointed to read about your ordeal.[/QUOTE]

totally agree about people in the shop and office. been to over 80 football league grounds and i,ve met some really miserable unhelpful types that i,ve never met at stanley. norwich and our next opponents are a couple of the worst. remember the statement i,m only following orders.
monkey hanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-02-2017, 07:58   #71

Revived Red - thanks for the excruciating detail. If you are going to fix a problem then often it is needed.

I missed the first 15 mins of Mansfield away because I was stuck in a queue for a ticket. I cannot comment on how hopeless Mansfield are off one incident, without knowing if a freak IT problem caused it, does it happen often, without knowing a load of other context.

However, as I've said before, my opinion is that whilst I see things that look pretty strange to me (the inefficient way the bar runs at half time) that in the bigger picture I still think the way the club is run is good, loveable, and improving.

Clearly the example you gave is farcical (i.e., the way the club dealt with it) and should be improved.
Lord Didsbury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-02-2017, 08:32   #72
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exile on Spencer St View Post
As I've said before, I've only ever found the folk in the shop/office more than helpful
For the sake of clarity, I cannot agree more. Especially about the shop staff - they are excellent. And Jess was superb in dealing with tickets for the Middlesbrough game.

Problems often arise because of systems rather than people. It is unfair to expect people to cope with systems that are unworkable in practice.
Old 24-02-2017, 08:56   #73

I recall turning up at the office last season at 4.55pm to buy tickets for the Wycombe game, thinking they were available until 5pm, when it was actually 4.30pm!
The guy was locking the office door when I arrived but re-opened it, retrieved the tickets from a locked office & sold me two. Now that's what I call service.
We all agree the staff at the club are helpful & friendly. The problem appears to be the directive that you can only buy a ticket for away-games after 5.00pm on match-days, which is a big problem for fans like Revived Red.
If the club can resolve this issue, everyone will be happy.
monkey hanger likes this.
Old 24-02-2017, 17:09   #74
Senior Member+

Taken from the OSC Facebook page...

https://www.facebook.com/permalink.p...31342720544795
choirboy likes this.
Old 24-02-2017, 21:16   #75
Full Member+

"Clayton End now matches the best in the league" - ?
Chewbacca is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..